Raw Till 4?

Options
Has anyone tried this? What are your thoughts?

Replies

• kampshoff
    kampshoff Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Um, what is it?
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    It's Freelee the banana girl.
  • _tierachanel
    _tierachanel Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    A youtube star named Freelee the banana girl created it. Eat vegan raw till 4pm then have a cooked vegan meal for dinner.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    banana_despicable_me.gif
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    A youtube star named Freelee the banana girl created it. Eat vegan raw till 4pm then have a cooked vegan meal for dinner.

Aren't there also like dozens and dozens of bananas involved? Hence her nickname?

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    1257946416_banana_man.gif
  • _tierachanel
    Options
    I'm not sure. I just learned about her today. Just wanted to see if anyone has tried raw till 4 and what their thoughts are.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    I'm not sure. I just learned about her today. Just wanted to see if anyone has tried raw till 4 and what their thoughts are.

I don't think you have to have tried her diet to have thoughts on it. I think her claims are extremely questionable. I think her approach is potentially dangerous. I think some of her statements about how losing your period is "good for you" are irresponsible and wrong.

IMO, she champions and encourages disordered eating.
  • kampshoff
    Options
    stash-1-50e640a7aa464.gif
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

I don't think you have to have tried her diet to have thoughts on it. I think her claims are extremely questionable. I think her approach is potentially dangerous. I think some of her statements about how losing your period is "good for you" are irresponsible and wrong.

If she made that claim I am surprised I never heard of this girl.

• janejellyroll
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

She's pretty famous as woo-woo diet promoters go.
  • _tierachanel
    Options
    How does she encourage disorder eating? I've watched a few of her videos now and I haven't seen her encourage it. She has said she used to have an eating disorder but has changed her life style of eating vegan.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

Yeah it was basically period = detox, no period = nothing to detox = you're healthy and clean
  • yopeeps025
    Options

She's pretty famous as woo-woo diet promoters go.

Oh well that why I never heard of her. I discard crap usually.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    How does she encourage disorder eating? I've watched a few of her videos now and I haven't seen her encourage it. She has said she used to have an eating disorder but has changed her life style of eating vegan.

She's not just vegan.
    She replaced an eating disorder with a super strict diet with made up rules of what to eat and when.
  • kampshoff
    edited April 2015
    Options

Yeah it was basically period = detox, no period = nothing to detox = you're healthy and clean

OP, this should be all you need to read to tell you that the person pushing this diet is a nutcase bananas.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

LOL does this person want to be a man. No periods that isn't with Birth control. OP are you reading this.
  • janejellyroll
    edited April 2015
    Options

She has said that your period is "toxins" leaving your body and that having it stop is a good thing. The reality is, when your period ceases it can be a sign of malnourishment and it is commonly associated with eating disorders.

I don't think she has changed her lifestyle. She's promoting significant restrictions and fear of food. She still has an eating disorder, it is just covered in banana peels.

Edit: Another poster pointed out that there can be other causes for amenorrhea. Correcting to make it clear that malnourishment isn't the only cause.
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Pass!
  • yopeeps025
    Options

She has said that your period is "toxins" leaving your body and that having it stop is a good thing. The reality is, when your period ceases it's a sign of malnourishment and it is commonly associated with eating disorders.

I don't think she has changed her lifestyle. She's promoting significant restrictions and fear of food. She still has an eating disorder, it is just covered in banana peels.

Or overtraining I think too right?