Triathlon Wear

Options
13»

Replies

• glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    Well like I said if you are planning a single trip to the pool with it to make sure it works for you, it wont harm it. You just want to make sure to rinse it well, and don't make a habit of using it in the pool (not that I can imagine why anyone would want to)
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    As for getting out of it quickly - I always lube my legs and arms with TriSlide or Body Glide. Get really greasy. Usually I have no problem getting it off in a hurry.

Also don't forget to REALLY lube the back of your neck. Most suits chafe miserably back there since your neck is always turning back and forth. You won't notice the chafing, though, until the next morning when you get in the shower and the hot water hits the freshly scabbed over chafed area and you feel like someone is chopping your head off from behind with a hot rusty knife.
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    As for getting out of it quickly - I always lube my legs and arms with TriSlide or Body Glide. Get really greasy. Usually I have no problem getting it off in a hurry.

Also don't forget to REALLY lube the back of your neck. Most suits chafe miserably back there since your neck is always turning back and forth. You won't notice the chafing, though, until the next morning when you get in the shower and the hot water hits the freshly scabbed over chafed area and you feel like someone is chopping your head off from behind with a hot rusty knife.

I am seconding the body glide and especially the back of the neck. My first open water swim last year (2.1km) ended up having a freak underwater current that had me swimming for 2.5 hours. I did not use enough body glide.

Also my wetsuit cost me 350 CAN on sale. Unfortunately the cheaper ones did not fit me properly. I have not worn surfing suits but I know swimming wetsuits are meant to fit closer to the body. I was told the tighter the better, and if you think it fits, then go smaller.

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Good thread. I need a wetsuit for a late May Tri. Was looking at the Xterra site, and the 2015 models have a pre-order discount of 50%. So a sleeved Male vortex for $200, ships on April 28th.

Will probably end up doing that...
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    ashenriver wrote: »
    glevinso wrote: »

I am seconding the body glide and especially the back of the neck. My first open water swim last year (2.1km) ended up having a freak underwater current that had me swimming for 2.5 hours. I did not use enough body glide.

Also my wetsuit cost me 350 CAN on sale. Unfortunately the cheaper ones did not fit me properly. I have not worn surfing suits but I know swimming wetsuits are meant to fit closer to the body. I was told the tighter the better, and if you think it fits, then go smaller.

I ordered a small so far, and with 37" hips I cant imagine sizing down to the smallest size. Hopefully it will come in today or tomorrow and I can test it out soon. Will let you guys know how it goes and pick up some TriGlide at City Sports

• HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Wetsuit felt fine, if not a little too large. Here's my results:

bqsqzyyni440.jpg