I need a good HRM!

Options
Hi everyone,

I've been looking into getting an HRM because I've heard such great things about them on here. Can anyone tell me a good brand or where I should be looking for a good one? Any that I should steer clear of?

Thank you!

Replies

• BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Love my Polar FT4, hated my Sportline.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money on an HRM without a chest strap, they are completely useless. I learned the hard way. I forked out $50 for the bowflex fit (no chest strap) and within the same week, after realizing it was useless, forked out another $85 for a good HRM with a chest strap, a Polar FT4. The Polar FT4 is awesome. Any Polar HRM is accurate. I highly recommend it!
  • ktbug82
    ktbug82 Posts: 166
    Options
    Don't waste your money on an HRM without a chest strap, they are completely useless. I learned the hard way. I forked out $50 for the bowflex fit (no chest strap) and within the same week, after realizing it was useless, forked out another $85 for a good HRM with a chest strap, a Polar FT4. The Polar FT4 is awesome. Any Polar HRM is accurate. I highly recommend it!

Where did you end up buying yours from? I've been looking at them online but obviously I'm not sure what to look for haha
  • mrscamel
    mrscamel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree get a Polar. I have the FT7 and I love it! I recommend the FT7 because it utilizes a standard watch like battery and has access for replacement when needed. I have heard on the other styles you cannot.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    The FT4 has user replaceable batteries in the watch and the strap. I got mine on eBay for $70.
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    CallMeMamaBoo Posts: 295
    Options
    I agree get a Polar. I have the FT7 and I love it! I recommend the FT7 because it utilizes a standard watch like battery and has access for replacement when needed. I have heard on the other styles you cannot.

DITTO! I LOVE MY Polar FT7!
  • ktbug82
    ktbug82 Posts: 166
    Options
    The FT4 has user replaceable batteries in the watch and the strap. I got mine on eBay for $70.

Thanks for answering!!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Steer clear of anything that DOESNT have a chest strap...I own a Polar FT7...I got mine from Best Buy...If you go somewhere, try to get a warranty..that way if something happens, they will replace it!
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4! So user friendly i love it!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Agree that a chest strap is a must. I have a Garmin FR60 and LOVE it! Check to see if your town has a local running store or check out www.heartratemonitorsusa.com
  • boudmel
    boudmel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this thread - I am also looking at getting a good HRM - so far I am leaning towards the Polar brand.