Diet coke

Options
balizan2
balizan2 Posts: 6 Member
i'm a Diet Coke a Holick I love my Diet Coke but I know it's very very bad for me and I started taking plexus and it has really helped me to curb my appetite for a Diet Coke and I feel so much better and I have more energy so I think I'm eventually going to beat this thing and a journey to great weight-loss

Replies

• Generic_Excuse
    Generic_Excuse Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I used to LOVE diet coke, and then my husband's uncle explained to me all I was doing was pumping embalming fluid into my body slowing poisoning myself. So whenever you want that coke just picture a morgue with a body being pumped full of diet coke. That ended my relationship with ALL Soda. I just can't look at them the same anymore. Hopefully I ruined it for you too..
  • knt217
    knt217 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    ^ That is just completely not true. I'm drinking a diet coke right now, and I'll not hesitate to drink another one tomorrow. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Aspartame is one of the most thoroughly studied artificial sweeteners out there- and they've never found it to have negative effects on humans in the amount that we can consume it. You'd die from hyponatremia (poisoning from the ever-so-scary WATER) before you could ever come close to having an issue from too much aspartame. In everything in life- the dose makes the poison.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I used to LOVE diet coke, and then my husband's uncle explained to me all I was doing was pumping embalming fluid into my body slowing poisoning myself. So whenever you want that coke just picture a morgue with a body being pumped full of diet coke. That ended my relationship with ALL Soda. I just can't look at them the same anymore. Hopefully I ruined it for you too..

Please do some research before you spread misinformation. This is not true at all.

OP, is there a specific reason why you say that the Diet Coke is bad for you?
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    A 44oz $.79 ice cold Diet Coke is the only thing that gets me through that 2pm slump at work.
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    A 44oz $.79 ice cold Diet Coke is the only thing that gets me through that 2pm slump at work.
    Me too. And most times, it satisfies my need for sweets.
  • waldronsix
    waldronsix Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    same here. I am addicted. I drink it everyday. When I try to stop I get a headache... I have cut down quite a bit tho. One step at a time.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    balizan2 wrote: »
    i'm a Diet Coke a Holick I love my Diet Coke but I know it's very very bad for me

I'm sorry that you have some sort of medical condition that makes Diet Coke bad for you. Be aware that it is not "bad" for the majority of the population though.

What medical condition do you have that makes you sensitive to Diet Coke? What ingredients set you off?
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I love the taste and I want to be able to drink it but every time I have it I bloat so I had to give it up.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    my husband's uncle explained to me all I was doing was pumping embalming fluid into my body slowing poisoning myself

Just, no. All manner of no.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

This is the most ridiculous thing I've read all week.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

When will MFP add a choice of "stupidity" to the flagging system...?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I have a diet soda everyday.

OP - as long as you aren't having diet soda morning, noon, and night....I don't see the harm. All things in moderation.
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »

Please do some research before you spread misinformation. This is not true at all.

Agreed! Diet Coke has no nutritional value. If you don't want any calories in your drink of choice, drink water. More value less buck.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I dig Diet Dr. Pepper. I have no plans to stop drinking it. It's not a daily thing for me, but if I dine out, I drink diet something (or booze).
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

You clearly did not see the "my husband won't drink my milkshake juice" thread, did you?

Haha, I actually did read that one, but I assumed it was blatant trolling.
  • Degucat
    Degucat Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    After not drinking sodas for a while I found that I can't cope with the taste anymore, it's way too strong and sweet, too fizzy, I can't really explain, it really makes me feel bloated and nauseated. I now just add a bit of fruit juice or cordial to sparkling water and for me that's very satisfying and refreshing
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke will absolutely kill you because it doesn't taste as good as Coke Zero. Also, every person who has ever drank water will die.

LMAO! Co-signed !!!

• SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »

Agreed! Diet Coke has no nutritional value. If you don't want any calories in your drink of choice, drink water. More value less buck.

Meh...I still drink two or three cans of Coke Zero a day. :)