Not sure if this is the right place - but, jeans.

Options
2»

Replies

• Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    TJ Maxx always has nice jeans between $10 and $20 a pair.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    My Goodwill has racks and racks on jeans! I haven't purchased a new pair of jeans in years
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    When I found a pair I liked (some Levi's number that has since been discontinued) that I happened to get on clearance at Belk, I ended up finding a bunch of used pairs on eBay. After shipping I paid no more than $10/pair. When I was losing at a fast clip after baby #1, I was going through a size every 6 weeks or so, so it worked out, cost-wise. I sold the then-too-big pairs at a consignment store, so I got a few bucks back for each pair. However, once I got down to a certain size, I needed a different cut of jeans, so I ended up finding what I needed at Old Navy. I'm also wide-hipped with bigger thighs but a tiny waist, and the Dreamer at Old Navy worked for me.
  • kbunn06
    kbunn06 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i bought myself 1 pair to get through a few size changes. I got them at Stage in the Juniors plus section. They send out a ton of coupons so you can typically get a good discount. I'm 27 so i felt weird shopping in the Juniors, but their Jrs Plus isn't bad at all. Their "adult" pants, at least in my store, tend to be "mom jeans" and I'm just not ready for that transition haha
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I tried thrift store shopping for jeans, I guess I was unlucky. I would try on 10 different pairs and none of them fit right. They were all different brands and cuts though which can vary wildly.

First pair of Levi's I tried on at Walmart fit perfectly and that was when I was a size 20. As I've been going down the sizes, I've been buying them because I'm so picky about jeans. They are Levi's Signature jeans from Walmart. They are $20 a pair and they have 4 different cuts to choose from. I like the curvy bootcut, and they have a nice stretch to them.

I love them so much that they are the only jeans I wear now. I'm currently in the size 10's but they are getting baggy already. I have the size 8 pair sitting in my closet and they fit perfectly in the hips, butt, and thighs. The waist though is pushing my fat upward giving me a crazy unflattering muffin top so I guess I still need to wait to wear them lol. *impatiently waiting*
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I like the jeans at Maurices. They have a curvy fit (taylor) or a normal fit which actually fits me better in the ways that i like (kaylee). They have a bit of stretch to them and are 9/10, 7/8 and such so I wear a pair for a while, and they are less then 30. I do have jeans from our consignment store and goodwill, but i have found my favs are the ones i got at maurices. I also love the Suki Silvers cause they don't bunch hardly at all at my waist. It is hard to find jeans that fit nicely cause I also have the big butt, big thighs problem. There is a 12 inch difference in my hips and my waist, leaving lots of gap at the waist in most jeans when i can manage to get them up to button them.
  • dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I knew I could count on y'all!!! Thank you so much - I have some shopping to do. :)
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    thrift store. You can get name brands for a lot less.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Old Navy, TJ Maxx or Ross, thrift/consignment stores. I've had really good luck with Calvin Klein jeans from Costco, too.
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Jeggings - Walmart has them for $12. Super stretchy but not clinging to every bump in my rump. I bought a size 20. I'm down to a size 16 and nearly a 14 in regular jeans but can still wear these (although now with a belt).
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I really like the INC jeans from Macy's. Just the right amount of stretch/just the right fabric weight.

They are not super cheap, but they have good sales and online coupons...I think that I've paid as little as $30 for them. After 35 pounds you absolutely need new jeans! A belt is not going to solve your problem.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I do walmart. I buy one pair and wear the snot out of them because I know they're only going to be around till I'm down another couple sizes.