What is YOUR least favorite part of having a healthy lifestyle?

Options

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I do laundry more frequently because of stinky exercise clothes.

Based on what I have seen around here on MFP about people re using old smelly gym clothes...

thank_you_one_person_stephen_colbert.gif
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    The bloody nipples. Sometimes I forget to put some petroleum jelly or bandaid on my nipples when I go on a long run. Hate it!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    The laundry thing is so true.

I get sick of people asking me how I can eat the stuff I do and still lose weight... I used to enjoy explaining it but now it just gets old.
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Ignorance was bliss.

Prior to weight loss exercise never occurred to me, what I ate didnt concern me (as long as I liked it!) and I had no goals/ideals I was aiming for.

Now I live in "reality", where I can see the failings in my lifestyle. Can see Im not where I want to be fitness wise. Can see when Im eating what I shouldnt...

Dont get me wrong, I do love (slowly) getting fitter, I do love being smaller and I do feel a control about things I never did before, but at the same time that "reality" isnt always my favourite thing these days!
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    D.O.M.S.

But, I love Ibuprofen, so that kind of works out...
  • lesliewalker108
    lesliewalker108 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    not having chocolate candy bars
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I used to look forward to eating. All the time.

- Road trip? What neat places will there be to eat?
    - Wife away? What fun takeout and dessert ideas can I find?
    - Grocery store? What candy bar (or bars!) looks good today?
    - Work? Where shall I go for lunch?

I can still do some of this, but I used to do it with reckless abandon and without regard for the consequences. Now I have to weigh all of my dietary choices against each other and decide which ones are most important to me.

It's not like I have a choice - eternal vigilance and all that - but it's like I have to consciously suppress a part of myself that used to bring me a lot of joy.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I honestly can't think of anything.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    I used to look forward to eating. All the time.

- Road trip? What neat places will there be to eat?
    - Wife away? What fun takeout and dessert ideas can I find?
    - Grocery store? What candy bar (or bars!) looks good today?
    - Work? Where shall I go for lunch?

I can still do some of this, but I used to do it with reckless abandon and without regard for the consequences. Now I have to weigh all of my dietary choices against each other and decide which ones are most important to me.

It's not like I have a choice - eternal vigilance and all that - but it's like I have to consciously suppress a part of myself that used to bring me a lot of joy.

WOW. Can very much relate. Growing up it was all about the food. Treats after school, treats after swimming and gymnastics, but mostly....treats in the car. Any road trip - the cooler and bag was loaded up. Specifically, peanut M&M's and circus peanuts. My mom liked puffed cheese balls (thank goodness I cannot stand them). Nowadays, I haven't had an M&M for three years - could I? Sure. I won't though as I do not want to even think about that road anymore. Come too far. (Yeah, work lunches too....lots of carbs (through the roof) were consumed during those days - lots of heavy Italian with all the bread and of course, a glass of wine- sometimes during lunch as well.
  • YokiLenko
    YokiLenko Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My least favorite part of having a healthy lifestyle is not snacking on chips and pretzels. I have found I just get hungry faster than if I choose vegetables or nuts for a snack. But I miss the salty devils...
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Least favourite thing is how slow it is to do it the right way.
  • JessieLMay
    JessieLMay Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I only know how to make unhealthy foods lol. I have no idea how to cook delicious meals that are healthy. Also, right now since my kitchen is *kitten*, I have to reply on my grandmas kitchen, and she ends up cooking. Meals that are generally bad. high carbs, low protein, high calories, low vitamins/minerals....and she throws a fit if people don't eat her food :/ So when I do that, I usually end up hungry again later from eating less food.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Being less spontaneous and needing to plan nearly every aspect of my day-to-day. Planning (while I can do it) does not come naturally - it tends to feel like a chore.

The results are totally worth it, but I sometimes miss the old days of diving into a big ol' mess of Taco Bell just because I happened to be driving by.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I struggle with not getting anxious about allowing myself to momentarily go off the rails on my diet, particularly when out with friends and family.

I'm doing better at it, but that's really the kicker for me.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The routine stretches I must do to strengthen my knees. I'm a variety freak, so I constantly have to remind myself how important they are.
  • awesomewastaken
    awesomewastaken Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    The price tag. Eating well is super expensive. I know there are probably ways how to save a few euros here and there, but unfortunately I'm not that well organised.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    D.O.M.S.

But, I love Ibuprofen, so that kind of works out...

Lol.

I just don't like the phrase "healthy lifestyle." Not sure I could articulate why, I just don't like it. I don't feel like I'm living a particularly healthy lifestyle right now. I'm just doing what I do.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Not being able to eat anything i want anytime i want in any quantity i want. Also having to prep meals everynight rather than eating out and eating whatever and in any quantity i want.
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Having to run to the bathroom every 20 minutes because of increased water intake.

This lol.

And having to explain to my coworkers, when they see me eating some yogurt or an orange at my desk and they say "Oh, you're so skinny you don't need to diet or lose any more weight.", that I'm NOT dieting and I'm NOT trying to lose weight. I'm eating better than I used to and getting fit.