Freaking Costco

Options
13»

Replies

• Julz519
    Julz519 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    uughhhhhh.... OMG... the dark chocolate sea salt chocolates!!! You're killing me!!! Now I might have to make a trip to Costco :neutral:
  • FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I find I buy less without my husband and one year old....and a very strict list. And also not hungry. But I do like the samples most of the time :blush:
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    JenSD6 wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »
    Don't forget the free samples and that amazing chicken bake ;)

I solve that problem by just getting super annoyed at the traffic jams around the samples. They block the entire aisle and could care less about anything except shoving free food in their mouths. I see the samples and just try and walk the other way to avoid trying to deal with the crowd.

Of course, I have rage shopping issues... :smile:

This drives me crazy. And then hubby takes over pushing the cart for a while to let me cool off before I start ramming people. lol

Costco... always amazing how a trip for toilet paper and dog food turns into a $200 stop.

I'm not allowed to drive the cart. Before my boyfriend and I moved in together I had several shopping breakdowns at which it was either leave the store or kill someone. We typically go grocery shopping at 9pm on Friday nights now because the stores are dead...
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I utter the words "stupid Costco" every time I go there. It's so bad that my husband doesn't let me go without him anymore, although he's not much better.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    One time my son and I were in Costco in the late afternoon. The sample stands were closing up. I don't know if they have a quota to get rid of or what, but one gal was handing out those chocolate covered shortbread cookies that come in a big brown tin. When we each grabbed one sample she says, "oh no, take more!". So we took a couple more. She says, "more than that!". Next thing I know she's getting us some paper towels to wrap around DOZENS of the cookies to take with us. Between the two of us I bet we had over half a tin of those cookies. Mine never made it hope.

That was before I found MFP.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    If you want cheap prices AND a quick shopping experience, go to Aldi.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I never go near the food area unless it's grocery day, that said I am like this in the game/dvd department and always walk out with stuff i don't really need lol
  • wv_wildflower
    wv_wildflower Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Story of my life! I do try the "no cart" rule, but that doesn't always help.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Ohh but what about the frozen yogurt for $1.50! And the giant hot dogs!
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I've made the mistake of shopping there hungry... not good. We shop at Sam's for now because there was a Groupon that made membership just about free. I don't like Sam's as much as Costco and I think Costco has a much nicer selection of specialty items than Sam's club - like the aforementioned chocolates :)
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I want to cancel my Costco membership, just for that reason, but my husband won't let me.

Hahaha......give your Costco card to your husband and tell him not to give ity back until you reach goal weight