SAHM 5/16 - 5/22

Options
2»

Replies

• bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Alright ladies, I need some will power, I have been GOD AWFUL with the soda this week, been craving it like crazy and it doesn't help my MIL has TONS of it upstairs! :grumble: I've been trying, but my cravings are overcoming my will power.....I have this bad feeling, come Saturday there will be a gain again.....:frown:

Thanks, Ladies. My daughter can be sweet, but also a pain in the butt :laugh: But I love her and wouldn't trade her! She did good at her program the other night. For those I have facebook for, I posted pics and video.

Well, I'm off to try to get a good workout in tonight. Catch you all later. Happy hump day!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Nicole ~ Go for it!! The couch to 5k program is what got me into my love of running! I'm getting ready to start traininf or my next half marathon! Any questions, just ask, we have lots of runners here!

Thanks for all the comments on the shirt, the boys got it for me for Christmas, guess they think I'm super mom too! :)

Holly ~ Yeah!! Congrats on making it to the 120s!!

Stacey ~ Way to go on 22 minutes straight!! Sorry about the smokey house, might just need to give it time, and burn lots of candles? :/

Shoppie ~ Congrats on your loss, 2lbs a week is amazing!! Great job!

KC ~ No worries, as you can see, I'm the same way after a trip.

Barb ~ Sorry about the soda cravings :( I gave up pop for lent one year when I was 17 and I haven't drank it the same since (I used to be a 4-6 cans of mt dew a day kind of girl, no joke, I guzzle it down faster than I could water...makes me sick just thinking of it!) Good luck saying no!

Sorry I have been MIA, like KC I'm still trying to get into the swing of things! I did go to a deep water aerobics class today, and was pleasantly surprised to burn almost 500 cals in a hour..I didn't think it would be that much. I loved it!

BTW, anyone else a huge So You Think You Can Dance fan?? I'm so excited for next week!!!!!!!!
  • EverythingCubbies
    EverythingCubbies Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Tag for later. Missed ya'll!
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    lloyd~You can do it! I am at my smallest in 7 years and have done good at staying in the mid to lower 150's. Now if I could just get into the 140's it would be great!

Barb~ cute pic! I used to be a soda junkie but now most make me sick and I try to stay away from the ones that I like (Welch's grape soda). Good luck!

Nicole~I used to hate yard work now enjoy it. It's been raining last 2 days here so I have not been able to get out. However on the bright side I took about half of my laundry pile to the laundromat and did it so that I could get caught up on it. We figured out that we did some 27 loads. Ya I have completely slacked on doing laundry.

Stacey~Don't be too hard on your self. We all do stupid stuff. :flowerforyou: Like for me I accidentally splashed some acid cleaner on me at work not just once but twice. Go me!

Shoppie~Great job on loss and have fun on your trip when you go.

KC~it's hard to get into the groove after a break away. :flowerforyou: Good luck you can do it!

Katie~Great job on the calorie burn! Believe it or not I am not a huge fan of TV so I wouldn't be a good one to talk to on that. :laugh: Unless you are talking the Discovery Channel then I am game. Hahaha I guess I am a nerd like that.

Well today I helped out at the Mountain Man Rendezvous at the school. Not sure if you all know what that is so I will quickly explain. The kids learn about what life was like back then. There are different stations that they go to. The stations for the 1st half were catch fish w/ bare hands, weaving, tall tales, possibles bag, necklace making and archery. They then had lunch that was made in a dutch oven. The 2nd half was games (stick pulling and octopus tag), candle making, tomahawks, gun powder, mining for gold and pie eating contest then at the very end they did a candy canon. I normally don't have a ton of fun at the things that I volunteer for but that is one that I will be volunteering for next year too. :laugh: I never knew that stick pulling was that fun. I will have to try that one out. Well I got to get I have other stuff go to do before going to bed. Good night!

Shoppie~
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    thanks, girls! i cleaned the oven and mopped the floors today. still a slight smoky smell. we'll see in teh AM and then i'll call the guy back and get an estimate for them to wash the walls and ceiling. (our ceilings are 9 ft high). if not too pricey, we'll have them do it. otherwise, we'll tackle that last bit.

on a happy note--i got a new dining room table. let me explain. my husband is in the tradeshow business and has carpenters and a shop, etc. so his wood guy built a simple plank table for us and they wrapped it in this rich red laminate and we put our old modern stainless steel legs on it and voila! new table! we had outgrown the other table from 15 yrs ago and the chairs looked horrible with it. we can't afford a whole new table set--still don't like the chairs--so this is a GREAT transition piece. i can definitely live with it for a year or two--or more! yay!!

also, i met all my goals today! did exercise, stayed under cals, ate 2 fruits and 3 veges. also did a good job with schooling--we watched a ballet of swan lake, as we were learning about tchaikovsky this week. :) so a good day overall!

tomorrow needs to be a "heavier" learning day and also some final cleaning as we have friends coming over friday afternoon. will also get in exercise in AM.

katie and kc--you'll get back into your rhythm. just keep adding one thing at a time and then it will fall into place. good for you, katie, for trying the deep water aerobics.

holly-congrats on making it to the 120s!

alright...time to turn in. chk you tomorrow!
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Nicole ~ Go for it!! The couch to 5k program is what got me into my love of running! I'm getting ready to start traininf or my next half marathon! Any questions, just ask, we have lots of runners here!

Thanks for all the comments on the shirt, the boys got it for me for Christmas, guess they think I'm super mom too! :)

Holly ~ Yeah!! Congrats on making it to the 120s!!

Stacey ~ Way to go on 22 minutes straight!! Sorry about the smokey house, might just need to give it time, and burn lots of candles? :/

Shoppie ~ Congrats on your loss, 2lbs a week is amazing!! Great job!

KC ~ No worries, as you can see, I'm the same way after a trip.

Barb ~ Sorry about the soda cravings :( I gave up pop for lent one year when I was 17 and I haven't drank it the same since (I used to be a 4-6 cans of mt dew a day kind of girl, no joke, I guzzle it down faster than I could water...makes me sick just thinking of it!) Good luck saying no!

Sorry I have been MIA, like KC I'm still trying to get into the swing of things! I did go to a deep water aerobics class today, and was pleasantly surprised to burn almost 500 cals in a hour..I didn't think it would be that much. I loved it!

BTW, anyone else a huge So You Think You Can Dance fan?? I'm so excited for next week!!!!!!!!

OMG! Katie, I use to be the same way, esp in high school. I would drink 4-6 cans a day of mt dew as well!!!It was like my comfort drink!!! When I had a bad day at school or was just stressed from being the "fat girl" I would go home and drink it away!Once in a while I have 1 mt dew, but my MIL likes to keep Pepsi or Coke in the house, and its bad, I was doing good for a while with the water and putting one of those drink mixes, like the crystal light pink lemonade, but then I just stopped, I need to go back to that....
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    How is everybody? Happy Friday! I have managed to come well under today by eating a lot of low fat pre-prepared food and doing a shedload of exercise and cleaning like a dervish.

I am currently dreading Sunday as am going to a friend for a BBQ, and dreading trying to keep it acceptable without looking rude and not eating hat she has prepared :-\

Hope everybody has a lovely weekend x
  • htuzzi324
    htuzzi324 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    How is everybody? Happy Friday! I have managed to come well under today by eating a lot of low fat pre-prepared food and doing a shedload of exercise and cleaning like a dervish.

I am currently dreading Sunday as am going to a friend for a BBQ, and dreading trying to keep it acceptable without looking rude and not eating hat she has prepared :-\

Hope everybody has a lovely weekend x
    Happy Friday to you, too! Sorry I;ve been MIA ladies, but Patrick (6 weeks!!) decided sleeping just isn't for him. I think he's cutting a tooth, already!! We have a pedi appointment in half an hour for it.
    It's been rainy and miserable here all.week.long. My exercise has consisted of wearing the baby around the house because it's the only way he is calm. But this not sleeping thing is really affecting my weight, and I don't like it...:yawn:
  • Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi there, everyone! Today is supposed to be sunny and 80, unlike the monsoon we've been living with for the past week. We're planning to get out as a family and do some summer clothes shopping. Last summer, I weighed about 95 lbs more than I do today, so nothing I had from before is working. My daughter is growing like a weed, so she needs a new summer wardrobe, too. We'll be shopping at the cheapy stores to try to keep it affordable.

The doctors found a blood clot in my arm last week. :frown: It's from the IV I had for 3 months. I have to take a blood thinner for 3-6 months, and I can't take some of the vitamin supplements I need after my weight loss surgery. I also can't do any weight-bearing exercise with my arm (but I can walk, so no excuses!). It's a complication, but I'm blessed to be alive and I'm just going to deal with this and move forward to health and happiness.

Have a great weekend!
  • KC1206
    KC1206 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!
    I hope that everyone had a good week and weekend! Sounds like everyone has kept very busy the past couple of days.
    This weekend we started laying out and digging the footings for the upper level of our deck. I opened up our pool and spent a good portion of yesterday cleaning it. It is ready to go now though, and DH and the little one took the first swim of the summer this evening. YAY! We spent most of the weekend outside doing all this, so I am really happy and feeling wonderful--look what some sun will do for ya! Anyway, I have been horrible about tracking my food on here this week. Coming back from last weekend was rough! I am going to start getting it together again tomorrow and sticking to it though.
    I'll see you all on the new thread tomorrow. Have a good night ladies!!