Options

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    KenSD wrote: »
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Seriously though, who are you people. It's making me scared.

They're from the Nutrisystem boards, which are apparently closing and sending their people elsewhere. Their groups are popping up here, though generally without a lot of identifying information.

Ok thanks because I was away for a couple weeks and came back like....
    Who are these people in my living room. Lol.
    Hello my name is Ken and I am from South Dakota and formally Nutrisystem
    Glad to meet you

I like turtles
  • slimbuilder
    slimbuilder Posts: 351 Member
    Options

They're from the Nutrisystem boards, which are apparently closing and sending their people elsewhere. Their groups are popping up here, though generally without a lot of identifying information.

Sorry, we got thrown out of our living room...lol
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

I'm sorry I didn't realize we had to wear a name badge? And what kind of identification would you like?

Wow. Someone asked a question and I tried to help out since you guys hadn't given an answer yet. I'll stay away from you NSers from now on.
  • slimbuilder
    Options

I'm sorry I didn't realize we had to wear a name badge? And what kind of identification would you like?

Wow. Someone asked a question and I tried to help out since you guys hadn't given an answer yet. I'll stay away from you NSers from now on.

I'm glad the questions weren't meant to be intimidating
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

I'm glad the questions weren't meant to be intimidating

You're glad about what?
  • slimbuilder
    Options
    Seriously? So they were?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Right! Now we know
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Just to put it out there (since you there are quite a few "restarters" starting on MFP) - if you like, you can start a group. That might end up being better so that you don't have to answer constant questions about what a restarter is (because you'll end up getting them).
  • kayyield
    kayyield Posts: 568 Member
    Options

Oh, sorry we didn't realize this was your house.
  • kayyield
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    Just to put it out there (since you there are quite a few "restarters" starting on MFP) - if you like, you can start a group. That might end up being better so that you don't have to answer constant questions about what a restarter is (because you'll end up getting them).

We did start a group. What type of information are we supposed put in new thread? We were just trying to find a place so we could stay together and find each other more easily. We didn't mean to scare, offend, or break into you house.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    kayyield wrote: »

We did start a group. What type of information are we supposed put in new thread? We were just trying to find a place so we could stay together and find each other more easily. We didn't mean to scare, offend, or break into you house.

Wow. That's what I get for trying to be helpful. :indifferent:
  • kayyield
    Options
    I don't mean to be snarky. I am serious what other info should we give to identify ourselves?
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I don't mean to be snarky. I am serious what other info should we give to identify ourselves?

Honestly, I'd just write something simple as, "For migrating Nutrisystem users, here's a group for us to reconnect. <insert link to group> "
  • kayyield
    Options
    Do you mean just make a post here? Or put it in the title? I know you didn't say we scared you but any idea how we scared people?
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Do you mean just make a post here? Or put it in the title? I know you didn't say we scared you but any idea how we scared people?

I'd put in the title, "For new NS Members to MFP"....just make sure it doesn't sound too much like an advertisement otherwise people might think it's spam.

In regards to "scaring" people...I'd more say they were concerned. There are times the MFP forums get bombarded with people selling products or/and services (like beachbody shakes, for example) so when the community sees something being coined and pushed out (like the term Restarters), they get a bit :huh: and they'll ask and probably joke about as well.
  • kayyield
    Options
    We truly didn't realize we were doing it wrong. When asked who we were I said we were dieters. But that was in response, to a question about our religion. That is why I came across as snarky. We thought he (or she) was trolling us. I'm sorry if I offended you. We felt a little like we were being attacked but not by you.
  • slimbuilder
    Options

I'd put in the title, "For new NS Members to MFP"....just make sure it doesn't sound too much like an advertisement otherwise people might think it's spam.

In regards to "scaring" people...I'd more say they were concerned. There are times the MFP forums get bombarded with people selling products or/and services (like beachbody shakes, for example) so when the community sees something being coined and pushed out (like the term Restarters), they get a bit :huh: and they'll ask and probably joke about as well.

Thanks, we don't want to sound like were selling something and I completely understand about keeping this a product-free zone. No inside joke meant, and we did want to become a part of the community... that's why it was started in the public forums. I appreciate the explanation and we'll do our best to make sure it doesn't happen again. I think you can understand what would happen if someone announced they were shutting down MFP in a few days... we're just trying to fit in as best we can. Probably not a way to re-name this thread, is there?
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Thanks, we don't want to sound like were selling something and I completely understand about keeping this a product-free zone. No inside joke meant, and we did want to become a part of the community... that's why it was started in the public forums. I appreciate the explanation and we'll do our best to make sure it doesn't happen again. I think you can understand what would happen if someone announced they were shutting down MFP in a few days... we're just trying to fit in as best we can. Probably not a way to re-name this thread, is there?

Unfortunately, no, not outside the editing time frame. (Then again, with the changes, not sure if you are still able to rename threads anymore)

I'd just let the thread die out, basically, and I'd wait a day before making a new thread with the link to the group available. :)
  • slimbuilder
    Options
    Thanks again... we'll do that.
  • KenSD
    KenSD Posts: 229 Member
    Options

If that person had of read the posts back in history a bit they would have had the answer to which they asked since NS was all thru the posts...
    I apologize for sounding snippy tho...:) I was driving and couldn't get back till now