For women only - cellulite

Options
Anyone found anything that makes any difference?????

Replies

• cosmo_momo
    cosmo_momo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Fat loss :) and being tan helps hide the appearance some.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I believe a lot depends on genetics there. I've seen skinny women with it. I've still got an extra 25 still but I'm told I don't have any cellulite on back side or legs (rn at dermatology office commented on it ) Now I don't KNOW if I'm just lucky or if it's due to the regular deep tissue massages I get. Also, I've always had "speed skater " thighs.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    fat loss, muscle definition and genetics
  • lisafrancis888
    lisafrancis888 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    For me running and a little weight loss has helped. I do agree I think genetics play a part though. I have seen many larger ladies with very little cellulite and quite skinny ladies with it.
    Running hasn't completely got rid of it for me but I now feel confident enough to wear mid thigh shorts.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

BAM!
  • futuremommyt
    futuremommyt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Weight loss and tanning. In college I managed to get down to 125 lbs, at 5' 6", and I only had 1, maybe 2 dimples, and that was me looking really hard. Now, 10 years later at 190 lbs.... yikes!
    Tanning always helps as well, but I hate lying on my stomach on the beach since everyone will see the cellulite more. Circular logic, I know :)
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    i notice as i lose my cellulite is slowly diminishing. i doubt it will ever be totally gone as even at my thinnest of 135 (im 5'4 and that was in highschool!) i still had some. guess i won't be rockin no booty shorts.
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Question... Do men get cellulite?
    I never really thought about it.(men).
    I try and hide it with the tanning cream if I have an special event. Otherwise, weight loss and weights.
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I've never seen a man with cellulite. Not even obese men.
  • julie1971us
    julie1971us Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Spin! I've had cellulite my entire life...until spin.
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I've never seen a man with cellulite. Not even obese men.
    Hummm.. I wonder why? Guess if I really care I will research it..hehehe
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options
    clnrush wrote: »
    Question... Do men get cellulite?

Yes. An ex of mine had cellulite on his bum. It was kinda weird because he wasn't really overweight, maybe 20 lbs or so.
  • natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    If you are over 25 and have no cellulite, I almost don't trust you. ;) also, I want to know your secrets.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    dufus12 wrote: »
    Anyone found anything that makes any difference?????

Clothing.
    Acceptance and happiness that I'm otherwise healthy.
    I think that I'll always have it, but I really love reading all the suggestions.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I've seen men with cellulite, but it's definitely not as common for them.

I've had at least a little at all times since I hit puberty- and I was extremely active. I have managed to lose almost all of it in the past by strength training and I ate a normal amount for my size. I didn't even have to try then really.

Now, I have lots of cellulite and it's not just on my thighs - sadness. But, even though I still have over 100lb to lose, I'm already noticing it is going away on my calves, lower thighs and arms. I am doing some lifting a few times a week and cardio most days.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Pretty much this :)
  • Looncove_Farm
    Looncove_Farm Posts: 115 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This...I was trying to figure out how to word it and couldnt remember what we were taught years ago about the fibers,,,so I looked it up.

Compared to men, women have collagen fibers in their lower body that run vertically up and down like a picket fence. This straight up and down distribution of collagen fibers is the major reason females get cellulite and men don’t. (Estimates are 90% of women have some degree of cellulite compared to 10% of men.) The superficial collagen of men forms more of a mesh. If women have the picket fence distribution of collagen, men have the “chain link fence” distribution. Where women’s fibers run up and down, male fibers crisscross.
    This is important because the vertical distribution of female collagen fibers, more prevalent in the female lower body, form a sort of pocket in which fat cells then grow (see the picture above). As the fat cells grow in size they are essentially corralled in and packed tightly together by the collagen fibers. Picture a Nerf football stuffed in between links in the fence. This tight packing of fat inside the “collagen pockets” creates the characteristic puckering and dimpling of cellulite. If you are still having trouble picturing this, imagine filling your pockets stuffed full with marbles and rub your hand along the outside. Feel the bumpy protruding marbles? That gives you an idea of what I am talking about.

• pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    This...I was trying to figure out how to word it and couldnt remember what we were taught years ago about the fibers,,,so I looked it up.

Compared to men, women have collagen fibers in their lower body that run vertically up and down like a picket fence. This straight up and down distribution of collagen fibers is the major reason females get cellulite and men don’t. (Estimates are 90% of women have some degree of cellulite compared to 10% of men.) The superficial collagen of men forms more of a mesh. If women have the picket fence distribution of collagen, men have the “chain link fence” distribution. Where women’s fibers run up and down, male fibers crisscross.
    This is important because the vertical distribution of female collagen fibers, more prevalent in the female lower body, form a sort of pocket in which fat cells then grow (see the picture above). As the fat cells grow in size they are essentially corralled in and packed tightly together by the collagen fibers. Picture a Nerf football stuffed in between links in the fence. This tight packing of fat inside the “collagen pockets” creates the characteristic puckering and dimpling of cellulite. If you are still having trouble picturing this, imagine filling your pockets stuffed full with marbles and rub your hand along the outside. Feel the bumpy protruding marbles? That gives you an idea of what I am talking about.

Women tend to carry fat in subcutaneous distributions (which causes cellulite exacerbation) while men tend to carry fat intraperitoneally.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    If you are over 25 and have no cellulite, I almost don't trust you. ;) also, I want to know your secrets.

Picking the right parents?

I don't have it. I've never had it, no matter how much I have weighed. Nobody in my family has it.

Cellulite is genetic.
  • momentai
    momentai Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    For me weight lifting really helps, I use to have some on the backs of my legs now thanks to squats I don't have any. Weight loss probably helped to.