Weight gain. Slim to healthy curvy (slim thick)

Options
my genes are awesome at keeping me thin but I need to gain some curves. Any helpful tips? ( I know all the basics).

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Slim thick?????
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Eat more and lift weights.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Buy Strong Curves by Bret Contraras
  • barneychavez
    barneychavez Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    +1 strong curves!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    what is "slim thick"?????
  • aminavilaa
    Options
    I am trying to do the same! trying to gain more weight mainly my thighs, butt and calves.
  • aminavilaa
    Options
    So if anyone knows any tips and tricks, let me know
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

I know right?

I think we've all lost our minds to be honest.

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

When I say it in my head, I can only think of slim "stick", and then all I can think of is this:
    randy-savage-snap-into-a-slim-jim.jpg#randy%20savage%20snap%20into%20a%20slim%20jim%20450x337
  • ndj1979
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

When I say it in my head, I can only think of slim "stick", and then all I can think of is this:
    randy-savage-snap-into-a-slim-jim.jpg#randy%20savage%20snap%20into%20a%20slim%20jim%20450x337

lol
  • keithcw_the_first
    keithcw_the_first Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I feel like we're all getting trolled but if you want those particular areas to get heavier then you'd want to do some kind of focused strength training that targets your thighs, butt and calves. To the detriment of any other areas. Then if you had fat on top of that muscle then they might all appear larger.

Really though you should just try a Bret Contreras routine, he seems to focus on this stuff.
  • ellejaywells
    ellejaywells Posts: 8 Member
    Options

I know right?

you don't have to be condescending frankly . "slim thick" is a slang or combination of two words meaning slim ( at the waist areas, arms and fit) and thick (curvy, at the thighs,bum and chest). Not all of us desire to gain weight with the purpose of looking like testosterone injected women. When our vocabulary is limited I strongly suggest we refrain from making comments . Any weight gain suggestions?. Thanks.

• ellejaywells
    ellejaywells Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    aminavilaa wrote: »
    I am trying to do the same! trying to gain more weight mainly my thighs, butt and calves.

Make some research on maca . It's a natural supplement and it really helps. I'm on 1000mg a day and a few other herbs. I'm not a junk eater so I'm sticking to oils like olive and protein bars. Yoga is amazing for curves too. Any progress?
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    When I was in my late teens and early 20s, I thought the same thing, too. I was very thin, straight up and down... able to wear the same clothes from junior high. Heck, sometimes I bought clothes in the little girls department because even juniors were too big (this was in the early 90s, and size 0 didn't exist yet).

Then in my mid 20s, BOOM, instant hips, bum and thighs. So my advice is, yes, absolutely eat right and strength train, because you'll never regret that, but also have patience because your body is still developing and changing.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

I know right?

you don't have to be condescending frankly . "slim thick" is a slang or combination of two words meaning slim ( at the waist areas, arms and fit) and thick (curvy, at the thighs,bum and chest). Not all of us desire to gain weight with the purpose of looking like testosterone injected women. When our vocabulary is limited I strongly suggest we refrain from making comments . Any weight gain suggestions?. Thanks.

Right

So you want to change your body type

Go back in time and pick different parents ...it's genetic

Weight gain...eat at a surplus and do progressive heavy weights programme it will take you a few years but you may increase the bulk in your butt/ thighs with a bulking and cutting programme
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    aminavilaa wrote: »

Make some research on maca . It's a natural supplement and it really helps. I'm on 1000mg a day and a few other herbs. I'm not a junk eater so I'm sticking to oils like olive and protein bars. Yoga is amazing for curves too. Any progress?

Ridiculous waste of time ....no supplement is going to help

Yoga is amazing for many things ...adding curves isn't one of them
  • ndj1979
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

I know right?

Right

Weight gain...eat at a surplus and do progressive heavy weights programme it will take you a few years but you may increase the bulk in your butt/ thighs with a bulking and cutting programme

Well there is a hot tub time machine out there....
  • Sued0nim
    Options

I know right?

Right

I'm game if you are ..can't promise I'll keep my hands to myself of course ...hubba hubba ;)
  • ndj1979
    Options

I know right?

unless you are taking steroids the bolded part is not going to happen.

sorry, you can't spot increase or spot reduce, and I apologize if that is condescending.

eat more and lift heavy ..

end ridiculous thread/
  • ndj1979
    Options

I know right?

Right

I'm game if you are ..can't promise I'll keep my hands to myself of course ...hubba hubba ;)

in...