Help me pls

Options
NICEBODYTODAY
NICEBODYTODAY Posts: 14 Member
edited April 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello, according to a test my BMR is 1000, my muscle mass is 2% of all my body weight, and my body fat is 32%, I weigh 51 kg. I am skinny fat.
Even with a well-balanced diet and 45 minutes of walking 4 times a week over a month, I was losing just 0.1 kg / week.

I stopped the well-balanced diet, and am not eating around 700-800 kcal a day, I now I take almost 6000 steps a day, on a pedometer).

And, I am not losing fat.
No idea why.
I just want to let you know that before trying to do the 45 minutes of walking every day for a month and now the 6000 steps a day for another month, Ive been inactive for like 20 years.

Do you think I should be eating more? Or exercising more? or eating less ? or what do you advise me to do?

Thanx for helping me.

Replies

• PoundChaser2
    PoundChaser2 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    you stopped eating a well balanced diet ? What other types of exercise do you do ? If your only eating 700-800 calories thats not enough food you need to show your food logs.
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It would be psychologically impossible to have a muscle mass of only 2%. You wouldn't be able to carry all that fat around. If your body fat is 32%, lean muscle 2% and bones 2% that means you must be 64% water. And that is impossible. You need to recheck your maths.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Body recomposition. Eat at maintenance (a lot more than 800 calories, which is why you've lost muscle) and start a progressive lifting program.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I don't think you understand the concept of "skinny fat." A person who is skinny fat is skinny but has the health problems of a fat person. It is caused by losing/maintaining weight without exercise.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Body recomposition. Eat at maintenance (a lot more than 800 calories, which is why you've lost muscle) and start a progressive lifting program.

I was thinking the same thing.
  • CockneyLady2014
    CockneyLady2014 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    My dad was that person he didn't have one ounce of fat on him. He weighed the same at 57 as he was at 19 yrs of age. He had a physical job for all of his life (boilermaker in the docks + other). He died, age 57, due to hardening of the arteries. Very high cholesterol and I have the same gene but found out in time to take medication. In the Uk there was a huge advertising campaign that showed a large woman next to a thin woman and the question was "Who is suffering from high cholesterol?". This was to warn people being thin didn't always you were healthy.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Hello, according to a test my BMR is 1000, my muscle mass is 2% of all my body weight, and my body fat is 32%, I weigh 51 kg. I am skinny fat.
    Even with a well-balanced diet and 45 minutes of walking 4 times a week over a month, I was losing just 0.1 kg / week.

I stopped the well-balanced diet, and am not eating around 700-800 kcal a day, I now I take almost 6000 steps a day, on a pedometer).

No idea why.
    I just want to let you know that before trying to do the 45 minutes of walking every day for a month and now the 6000 steps a day for another month, Ive been inactive for like 20 years.

Do you think I should be eating more? Or exercising more? or eating less ? or what do you advise me to do?

Thanx for helping me.

You have been inactive since the age of 8??? Your profile says that you are 28???

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Height please. 51kg is not a lot.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Why on earth would you only eat 700-800 calories a day?
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Where did you get this test done?
  • jcmhe
    jcmhe Posts: 27 Member
    Options

No idea why.

Thanx for helping me.

You need to be eating a well balanced diet. Also add in weight training along with walking which is great for you. I think you have more than 2% muscle mass. Try at 1200-1400 cals a day along with body weight or any type of weight training and walking is great cardio. Good luck

• lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I don't think you understand the concept of "skinny fat." A person who is skinny fat is skinny but has the health problems of a fat person. It is caused by losing/maintaining weight without exercise.

And here I was thinking I was skinny fat, as in a thin build with a poochy belly and flabby arms. The only health problem I have is high blood pressure which is genetic and unrelated to my weight. I don't think YOU know what skinny fat means.
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    jcmhe wrote: »

No idea why.

Thanx for helping me.

You need to be eating a well balanced diet. Also add in weight training along with walking which is great for you. I think you have more than 2% muscle mass. Try at 1200-1400 cals a day along with body weight or any type of weight training and walking is great cardio. Good luck

^this
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    All those numbers are whack

What test?

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    You are 51 kilos, of which 1 kilo only is muscle? About 250 grams is your heart alone, so you seriously believe you have 750 grams of muscle on your body? Even if you have been not just disabled, but in a coma the last 20 years, you do realise this makes no sense, right?
  • NICEBODYTODAY
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »

No idea why.

Thanx for helping me.

You have been inactive since the age of 8??? Your profile says that you are 28???

yes dear even at school i didnt exercise the way i should and i spent the rest of my years sitting all the time
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I do not believe those numbers could be correct. You wouldn't have enough muscle for basic body movements if they are.
  • NICEBODYTODAY
    Options
    thats a test i did at a dietitian's clinic. she told me you look skinny but you have too much fat in your body for what you weight, and your muscle mass is little. she gave me a supposedly well balanced diet: dairy +fiber for breakfast, proteins+carbs for lunch and dinner and fruits as snacks, and 45 mins treadmill. after 1 month of this diet, i dropped 0.2 kg , not worth it so i gave up and went back to old eating habits which count as 800 kcal per day.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    thats a test i did at a dietitian's clinic. she told me you look skinny but you have too much fat in your body for what you weight, and your muscle mass is little. she gave me a supposedly well balanced diet: dairy +fiber for breakfast, proteins+carbs for lunch and dinner and fruits as snacks, and 45 mins treadmill. after 1 month of this diet, i dropped 0.2 kg , not worth it so i gave up and went back to old eating habits which count as 800 kcal per day.

now there's a winning attitude!