Quest Bar Addiction.

Options
124»

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I avoid all the bars... in terms of calories they may as well be a Snickers, and the taste is just as, shall we say, habit forming. Early on in the weight loss journey I tried using protein bars in place of usual packed lunch at work, but the result was that I gained weight. :X So I decided i might as well regard them as no different from a regular candy bar.
  • tiffanyking1976
    tiffanyking1976 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    melseeds wrote: »
    The S'mores and the Cookie Dough are the worst for me....maybe I will try not buying those kind in order to curb my insane addiction. I love them warmed up...oh and the Cinnamon Roll....drool!

I just had the smores one yesterday for the first time. I felt so guilty after eating it....
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Obsesssssssssed... seriously. I dont understand how I never get sick of them. My body is very good at handling all the fiber by now. I usually avg 60-70g/day lol :joy:
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Cookie Dough and Cookies n Creme are my fave! I had to cut back because they are too damn expensive lol I heard they have a new flavor, mint chocolate chip!
  • theresaTerriM
    theresaTerriM Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You all suck....I had been trying for months to stay away from these dam things. I was a proud Quest Bar Addict in Recovery, and my pocketbook loved me for it.

I just fell off the wagon and bought a case online. Thanks..... :wink:
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    There was just a similar post about these last week where I posted my preferences in order :). I too am an addict and eat up to 5 a day *hides*. Idk what is in them but they are so addictive.
  • theresaTerriM
    theresaTerriM Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    A special "thanks" goes out to the a-hole who recommended to heat them up. Thanks a lot. Now I'm addicted to them too.

food-drugs-cookie-cookie-monster-addict.gif

Ummm....try broiling them for 2 min. It takes on a whole new epic quality....amazeballs.
  • jukyu
    jukyu Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    White Chocolate Raspberry FOR SURE. Wish I could make them because jeez they are $$$
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I, too, had not known what the fuss was all about, until I tried one.

I love the Strawberry Cheesecake most! Others are Cinnamon Roll, Banana Nut Muffin and Coconut Cashew - yummo!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I'm personally responsible for getting like 4 other people hooked on them. I eat one every day! Someone in another quest bar post mentioned putting one in the toaster oven... SO GOOD. They replaced granola bars for me and have really helped me hit my protein goals. Cookies and cream is my current fave. mmmmm

I got my sister hooked on them. Every time she visits me she asks for a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bar. My favorite at the moment has to be White Chocolate Raspberry! Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Cookies & Cream, Brownie, & S'Mores is good too.

The only flavors I hated would be Lemon Cream & Strawberry Cheesecake.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I really really really love quest bars. I don't love ALL the flavors, but the few I do like, I love so much I am in heaven every single time I eat one..actually, it's mostly just the chocolate chip cookie dough. I eat the double chocolate chunk or one of the 160 calorie ones when I need to shave off a few calories for the day.
  • labmom56
    labmom56 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had the Cookies & Cream today. Very good. I've tried te chocolate chip cookie dough it was good nutlike the cookies & cream better. I want to try more of them
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm eating a vanilla almond crush at the moment. I am OBSESSED. My friend gifted me a variety box and you would think I had just hit the lottery. Love them so much!!!!

The vanilla almond crunch is the only one I am really addicted to because it tastes just like a Bit-O-Honey. I like to warm it up and if I'm traveling I put it on the dash board. When I microwave a bar I like to cut it up into bite size pieces and just eat a few as a treat.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I just don't get the love for them. I was eating them for about a month because people told me they were an acquired taste and I would get hooked on them after a while. I tried microwaving and baking them and nearly all flavors. A month in I still found them to be "meh." I do love the Pure Protein bars, not to the point of obsession, but I love them. The Quest bars just taste so artificial to me. :p
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I think it is the salt content. Also, the notion that they are a "healthy" snack food makes the consumer feel as if they can indulge on greater amounts. Yes, they are healthier than a lot of other substitutes, but still.

Also, the macros don't add up because they base the calorie content off of net carbs...

That's because of the sugar alcohols. http://dtc.ucsf.edu/living-with-diabetes/diet-and-nutrition/understanding-carbohydrates/counting-carbohydrates/learning-to-read-labels/counting-sugar-alcohols/

Even that is slightly inaccurate, because each type of sugar alcohol has different ratios. Erythritol counts for 0, while Sorbitol counts for more than half, and all the others fall on a scale somewhere in between.
  • MarciBkonTrk
    Options
    yc4king wrote: »
    For the people eating these regularly, are you eating them as a snack or a meal replacement? For breakfast?

I cut them into bite size pieces and place three pieces in little containers. When I want a treat I take one container and microwave them. I don't eat them very often mainly because of the cost but it really does make a nice little treat that is basically a healthy choice. B)
  • MarciBkonTrk
    Options
    All that fiber has got to be doing a number on your plumbing. 64 grams per day is a lot.

That's why I don't eat them very often and don't ever eat a whole bar at once. But it's nice to have a little treat every now and then. ;)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    I avoid all the bars... in terms of calories they may as well be a Snickers, and the taste is just as, shall we say, habit forming. Early on in the weight loss journey I tried using protein bars in place of usual packed lunch at work, but the result was that I gained weight. :X So I decided i might as well regard them as no different from a regular candy bar.

You didn't gain weight from eating the protein bars you gained weigh from not being at a deficit.