Diet coke

Options

Replies

• hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking a diet coke in my office now. I have another one waiting for me for when I leave the office. I drink diet coke(and even GASP - the occasional regular soda) daily. (i like BOTH!)

continious weight loss, perfect lab work, and textbook vital signs.

• noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I have had diet coke sometimes every day, and sometimes I go without it for 2 weeks. Just like everything, I think having something in moderation is fine.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    I used to LOVE diet coke, and then my husband's uncle explained to me all I was doing was pumping embalming fluid into my body slowing poisoning myself. So whenever you want that coke just picture a morgue with a body being pumped full of diet coke. That ended my relationship with ALL Soda. I just can't look at them the same anymore. Hopefully I ruined it for you too..

Please do some research before you spread misinformation. This is not true at all.

OP, is there a specific reason why you say that the Diet Coke is bad for you?

Agreed! Diet Coke has no nutritional value. If you don't want any calories in your drink of choice, drink water. More value less buck.

What nutritional value does water have?

If someone considers the taste of diet Coke worth paying for, then wouldn't it be worth it to them?
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke will absolutely kill you because it doesn't taste as good as Coke Zero. Also, every person who has ever drank water will die.

Actually, this is quite factual. Everyone who was born will also die.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Just dropping this link off. Maybe someone will find it useful: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1308408/why-aspartame-isnt-scary

/goes back to her Diet Dr. Pepper
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    DAMN NOW I WANT A DIET PEPSI!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: spellingz
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I believe diet coke will kill me. This is why I drink diet pepsi. :D
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I used to LOVE diet coke, and then my husband's uncle explained to me all I was doing was pumping embalming fluid into my body slowing poisoning myself. So whenever you want that coke just picture a morgue with a body being pumped full of diet coke. That ended my relationship with ALL Soda. I just can't look at them the same anymore. Hopefully I ruined it for you too..

Silliness.

• MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

Posts like this are why I really wish we COULD flag for blatant misinformation :/
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I want to drink diet soda but I don't enjoy the fake-sugar taste of it. I just usually just drink small amounts of regular soda less frequently or unsweetened iced tea.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

51542939.jpg
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Drink all the diet pop you want. You shouldn't consider it to be any different than water.
    Here is the link to a discussion I started a while back. It contains several great references to the science behind what makes up diet pop (soda):
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10003430/diet-pop-is-it-really-bad-for-you/p1
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Y'all can drink aspartame all you want but the stuff is crap. Period. I don't understand how people think it's okay. I don't know. I was there, I loved my diet dew and no one could take it from me without experiencing my wrath. I wouldn't touch the stuff ever again, but that's just me.
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I used to have a big diet coke habit. I'm a dental nurse and decided to give it up because it's acidic and terrible for your teeth. I'll still have one every now and then but it's not something people should be drinking daily.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I love diet coke

So I drink it

End of
  • unbreakable51
    unbreakable51 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I went out to eat with friends and they ordered margaritas. I ordered a diet soda. As far as I"m concerned, we all ordered something delicious, that we felt like enjoying at that time. But why am I the only one who is frowned upon for my beverage of choice? I don't guzzle it all day any more than they guzzle margaritas all day. I really get tired of the disapproving looks when I pop the top of my can of soda. I drink approximately 1 a day. Sometimes more, but it's usually just the one.
    I don't look disapprovingly at people who have a beer or two every day.
    Soda is not evil. I would think common sense would prevail and people would realize that you shouldn't drink it all day, every day, and have it be your only beverage. But that same common sense should help people realize that drinking it every day, or only occasionally is just fine. Just like EVERYTHING.
    Sorry -- just so sick and tired of the 'soda ruins everything' attitude so many seem to have. Not saying soda is a great nutritional choice, but I'm sick of hearing how horrible it supposedly is.
  • Cking1162
    Cking1162 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke will absolutely kill you because it doesn't taste as good as Coke Zero. Also, every person who has ever drank water will die.

Cherry Coke Zero--the BEST!
  • Sammiiie833
    Sammiiie833 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    knt217 wrote: »
    ^ That is just completely not true. I'm drinking a diet coke right now, and I'll not hesitate to drink another one tomorrow. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Aspartame is one of the most thoroughly studied artificial sweeteners out there- and they've never found it to have negative effects on humans in the amount that we can consume it. You'd die from hyponatremia (poisoning from the ever-so-scary WATER) before you could ever come close to having an issue from too much aspartame. In everything in life- the dose makes the poison.
    Same (Well Pepsi Max) is like 8 calories for a 2 litre bottle, I given up so many other things i don't smoke, I barely Drink anymore, so this is one vice i'm gonna be keeping for now! x

• chadgledhill
    chadgledhill Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I drink full on mountain dew everyday for my breakfast, I quit here and there but for the most part I get that craving out of the way first thing in the morning