How much weight on average do you lose a week and what is your current height weight?

Options
Hi there!
How much weight on average do you lose a week and what is your current height + weight?

Replies

• mlashkar
    mlashkar Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I found myself lose one week and the next week is stable. But on average, I would say I loose 2 pounds a week. Current wt is 173 pounds, hieght is 5 feet 7 inches. Diet started 6 weeks ago (starting wt 188.5)
  • fitbunny93
    fitbunny93 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    mlashkar wrote: »
    I found myself lose one week and the next week is stable. But on average, I would say I loose 2 pounds a week. Current wt is 173 pounds, hieght is 5 feet 7 inches. Diet started 6 weeks ago (starting wt 188.5)

That's about what I am losing as well. I'm just very anxious to lose weight and I know 1-2lbs a week is the goal however I'm getting impatient lol. I guess I have to understand that there is no quick fix!
  • jennifermaxwell1018
    Options
    I tend to lost between 0.5 and 1 pound a week, depending on how much I exercise that week and if I stayed under my calorie goal. I've been dieting since January 1st, and I'm currently at 175 lbs and I'm 5'1.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,739 Member
    Options
    The fastest/safest weight loss range is between 0.5% and 1% of your bodyweight per week.

The fastest/best weight loss range is the one you can sustain for the length of time you need to. 0.25% for a year is more effective than 1.5% for a month.

If you have a lot of excess fat (Obese III type levels) you may be able to safely sustain a higher rate (in the 1.5% range).

If you are in the normal weight range, losing less than 0.5% per week may be much safer for you in terms of minimizing non fat mass loss.
  • JoeyCW124
    JoeyCW124 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Apart from the first week where I lose a bit more, I find about 1.5lbs a week. I'm 5ft 2 and 136lbs. I'm ridiculously impatient. I can see what I'm doing is working, but just want it to be quicker! Yet I know for it to be healthy, it can't be quicker.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Not much, about .75 a week, or about 3-4 pounds a month. Which I'm happy with. It's a LOT faster than when I gained it.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    2.35 pounds per week, excluding purposeful maintenance.

2.00 pounds per week, overall.

6'9", 231.4 as of this morning.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    When I was losing it would vary so I would go by the overall monthly trend to see how much I was losing. It usually worked out to @4 \ 5 lbs per month
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,739 Member
    Options
    JoeyCW124 wrote: »
    Apart from the first week where I lose a bit more, I find about 1.5lbs a week. I'm 5ft 2 and 136lbs. I'm ridiculously impatient. I can see what I'm doing is working, but just want it to be quicker! Yet I know for it to be healthy, it can't be quicker.

It is verging on too fast. assuming you are interested in mostly losing fat.

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    1+, but I'm trying to find the right calorie level for my suddenly more active life to slow it down to 1. Currently 5'6" and 146.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    JoeyCW124 wrote: »

It is verging on too fast. assuming you are interested in mostly losing fat.

I lost it that fast for my son's wedding. Went back on a lot faster after the wedding, plus some. Slow but sure wins the race every time.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    When I was losing I would say on average 05-1lbs...but I would fluctuate for a couple do weeks then drop after ovulation, then again after periods. At the start it was 2lbs a week but that was only for about 6 weeks, then I slowed it to 1lb then to 0.5lbs

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    fitbunny93 wrote: »
    Hi there!
    How much weight on average do you lose a week and what is your current height + weight?

It averages out to about 1 pound a week but some weeks were more, some weeks the scale didn't change and other weeks I went up .5 to 1 pound. I am 5'4" and weighed 159 lbs on my last weigh in day.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    On average, I've been losing 0.77kg/week.
    SW: 121kg
    CW: 103kg
    Height: 185cm
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    When I was losing, I averaged about a half pound a week. It went up and down and I only weighed myself every other week so I didn't get discouraged SW: 155lb, CW 127lb, 5'3", over 50. Maintained for the past two and a half years.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I average a pound a week. My weekly weigh ins go something like: -1, 0, +2, -3

I'm 5'3" and currently 146
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm currently losing between 1.3 and 1.8 per week.

5'6" and 209 lbs
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    1.97 lbs per week over the past 2 months.

rznq76524nyi.png
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I am currently averaging 1 lb. per week. 147 lbs. 5'6".
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    i average 1-1.5lbs per week. I'm 5'4 and 155lbs