Replies

• Charrisse
    Charrisse Posts: 163
    Options
    :love: amazing
  • muriah2
    muriah2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! Thanks so much for sharing, and for the advice and inspiration!
  • millygrl
    millygrl Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    damnnn! pretty impressive :flowerforyou:
  • Lindsikin
    Lindsikin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look amazing!! I need to get in the ring :) Keep it up!
  • Breauxmontana
    Options
    Its wierd to look back sometimes i dont even recognize myself...never give up, its a daily lifelong battle.

Ill tell you the biggest thing that helped me was to switch my mindset from trying to look good, and getting attention from women.... to trying to achieve...getting in the ring was the best thing I ever did, maybe being a fighter isnt for everyone but i highly recommend training towards some sort of athletic performance, running, cycling, basketball...whatever..if you have to compete and meet a deadline things become much more "real" because there are repurcussions if you slack, especially if you are a part of a team.

I have to agree with this. I got up to 315 pounds before I had enough, joined an MMA gym and cut down 65 pounds in the last year.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, YUMMY
  • mrstudz
    mrstudz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with this. I got up to 315 pounds before I had enough, joined an MMA gym and cut down 65 pounds in the last year.

amen brotha...being competitive is what will take you to the next level, having success in competition is what will breed confidence...which further pushes you.
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Fellow Nikon girl here! :bigsmile:

You look incredible! Congratulations! You deserve the spot light! :flowerforyou:

PS: My ALL time favorite dude - George St. Pierre - well, it's his birthday today!! hehe :tongue:
  • mrstudz
    Options
    Fellow Nikon girl here! :bigsmile:

You look incredible! Congratulations! You deserve the spot light! :flowerforyou:

PS: My ALL time favorite dude - George St. Pierre - well, it's his birthday today!! hehe :tongue:

yep GSP is the man!!!!
  • kaswain
    kaswain Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK AMAZING!! WTG!
  • AEROBICVIC
    AEROBICVIC Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    u look fantastic! awesome body!
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Holy crap!!! That's phenomenal. I'd love to hear any other tips you have from your journey - especially for us non-pro atheletes. :wink:

I have started walking slow at first, then building up to <15 min miles - 10 miles is my distance record. Now I've started on a couch to 5K run training program, and am signed up for the Army 10 Mile run in DC in October. Feels good to actually be able to move.

Dont get too worried about distances and times in the beginning, the goal is hitting the "i wanna quit" barrier. Run and DO NOT STOP until you are thinking in your head this really hurts, its painful and i cant breath and iI need to stop.....Now push on for 5 more minutes.

As you progress this breaking point will get further and further out, but it needs to be faced and conquered every single time you train.

for motivation i would ask myself :

"if there was a gun to my head or my mother's life depended on it...could i keep going for just five more minutes?"

...99% of the time, if you are honest with yourself...the answer is ALWAYS yes

^Love this, and will be using it from now on! Thank you! And you've done an amazing job transforming yourself - thank you for sharing! Hotness Monster!!!
  • lyndsloo
    lyndsloo Posts: 242
    Options
    Holy crap!!! That's phenomenal. I'd love to hear any other tips you have from your journey - especially for us non-pro atheletes. :wink:

I have started walking slow at first, then building up to <15 min miles - 10 miles is my distance record. Now I've started on a couch to 5K run training program, and am signed up for the Army 10 Mile run in DC in October. Feels good to actually be able to move.

Dont get too worried about distances and times in the beginning, the goal is hitting the "i wanna quit" barrier. Run and DO NOT STOP until you are thinking in your head this really hurts, its painful and i cant breath and iI need to stop.....Now push on for 5 more minutes.

As you progress this breaking point will get further and further out, but it needs to be faced and conquered every single time you train.

for motivation i would ask myself :

"if there was a gun to my head or my mother's life depended on it...could i keep going for just five more minutes?"

...99% of the time, if you are honest with yourself...the answer is ALWAYS yes

LOVE THAT! I am constantly thinking that. You have to change your mindset. Once you change that, the rest is a breeze. You are AMAZING! I wonder what that ex-girlfriend of yours is thinking now :).
  • mbulz53
    mbulz53 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Im interested in your training regimine, specifics: weight training, BJJ, Muy Thai, greco/roman, Boxing, Kickboxing?

How long have you been fighting/training, just this 5 years?

Give it all, cus your blog was damn inspirational.

I fought in my first BJJ tourney a few months ago, both Gi/No Gi, 7 fights total, finished 7/16 in my weight class @ 185-195 (I was 5'5", 185lbs at the time, out of shape, and overweight). Got my *kitten* handed to me in No Gi, but Im a white belt, ive got plenty of time. Highlight: Osota Gari sweep to side control to knee on belly to full mount, 8 point move against a Blue Belt, see my profile photo for the size difference. That was fight number 1, first time ever, I won 10 points to 0. Best feeling ever.
  • pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! Loving the UMA Shorts!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Great job!

You look a lot like Kelly Slater. :smile:
  • mrstudz
    Options
    thats funny my buddy the other day told me i look like kelly slater now too....
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Awesome, well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!