For women only - cellulite

Options
2»

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    If you are over 25 and have no cellulite, I almost don't trust you. ;) also, I want to know your secrets.

Being short-sighted helps :bigsmile:
  • dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    If you are over 25 and have no cellulite, I almost don't trust you. ;) also, I want to know your secrets.

Being short-sighted helps :bigsmile:

Ha!! Knew there was an answer somewhere!

• kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    solution - wear clothes and only show your naked body to people who love you. if you like wearing shorts etc love yourself and care less about what other people are thinking.
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I hate the top of my arms yuck..even tanned I am conscious
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I've never seen a man with cellulite. Not even obese men.
    You need estrogen to get cellulite, so no, men (unless they have a serious hormonal problem) won't get it.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    evileen99 wrote: »
    You need estrogen to get cellulite, so no, men (unless they have a serious hormonal problem) won't get it.

Men have oestrogen
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    much like stretch marks, its mostly genetics.

weight loss helps some, being tan (real or fake) helps disguise it.... but theres no magic lotion or potion to get rid of it.

There is a biologic reason most men don't get cellulite (with few exceptions) but i dont remember the details. but basically... because theyre men. LOL
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    Lift weights. Deadlifts, squats. Try a program like Strong Lifts 5x5 with whole body compound lifts. I have been lifting for ~6 months and it really helps!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Losing weight helped some, lifting helped some, but I'm 18% body fat and I still have quite a bit on my butt and the backs of my legs. I like these articles:

https://gokaleo.com/2013/03/06/cellulite-its-time-we-all-just-get-the-hell-over-it/
    https://gokaleo.com/2013/03/13/cellulite-mythology/

eta: potentially NSFW, as there are some nude photos of people from the pre-industrial age
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Losing weight helps. Exercise helps. I am in my 50's with a bit of a predisposition to get some cottage cheese. I think great nutrition and skin care makes a big difference. When I'm eating lots of fruits my skin looks much tighter in my opinion.
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Losing weight and running helps, mine almost gone just by having much less fat under the skin.
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    When I had a severe eating disorder and had an emaciated BMI, I still technically had a bit of cellulite. When I realized it was never going to go away entirely, I made my peace with it. More or less.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    evileen99 wrote: »

Men have oestrogen

But not in the quantities that women do. Women also have testosterone, but don't build muscle as quickly as men because they have less testosterone.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Now that I'm in the healthy weight range for my height, the cellulite on the backs of my legs is about gone. It's getting better on the tush too. I think it will be minimal within the year.