Too nervous to take exercise class??!!

Options
2»

Replies

• eileensofianmushinfine
    Options
    I would recommend just jumping in and doing it. I belong to a gym and finally took a class with one of their fitness trainers. SO glad that I did. After that class, I then turned around and signed up for 4 more of them....I also have found that when some of the things were difficult to do, I just jogged in place....One of the benefits of the new class is changing up my exercise routine.
  • cpp_happy
    cpp_happy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I agree... Get in there and have a sense of humour!!! Laugh at how you'll trip over your feet. It gets easier and it stays fun right throughout
  • misssmadalyn
    misssmadalyn Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Do it!!! I am a very shy person, I never wanted to go into the classes. One day I forced myself in there & everyone was so friendly!! Especially the group leaders! It's sooooo worth it. You have to step out of your comfort zone.
  • dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    SO glad I read this thread......I am recovering from an injury so will be a little while before I can get my courage together, but I will come back to this and remind myself as to why and how to do so.......A gym opened up near me and I nearly, oh so nearly, walked in one day.....then saw this gorgeous young tall blonde walk out in teeny shorts and, yup, I passed........coward that I am!
    I did look on the website and, yup, the pics were all of slim toned bunnies.......and I sighed. It would have been so nice to see a range of shapes and sizes. I don't know if the gym realises how daunting it has made its website for the average middle aged frump like me looking to regain health and fitness.
  • ajcamber
    ajcamber Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just go for it! I was extremely nervous about starting group classes at my box. But, the people there are extremely supportive and motivating. I have found that it is just more fun when you work out with a group of people rather than on your own!