The ULTIMATE weight-loss guide:

Options
Losing weight is simple. Just think of it this way:

If you have an empty bag and you put a pebble in and not take one out then you will have one pebble in the bag. If you keep putting pebbles in and not taking them out then the bag will become full. But if you put 1 pebble in and take 2 out soon the bag will be empty.

The bag is a metaphor for all the fat that your body may have. Doesn't matter what you eat as long as you're taking more out of that bag than you're putting in you will lose weight. Good luck!

Replies

• adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    That's not really a guide. More like an awkward analogy.

Shhh, just let him believe.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

7ax0y8m8301v.gif
  • NotQuiteNorm
    NotQuiteNorm Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Also the bag was the body, the pebbles were the food/calories/fat.

And you've failed to point out during this analogy the harmful effect of taking too many 'pebbles' out at once - that starvation causes your body to break down muscles and also how important it is to exercise to preserve muscles... There are so many more very important parts that you've just ignored so I'm not sure where 'ultimate' comes to play.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    But what colour should the pebbles be?
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    The bag would be a metaphoric representation of one's body, not the fat. Since that simple level of logic is too much ... your entire post fails.

• williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Wut? If I have an empty bag, and put in ONE, I can't take out 2. I'm a mathematician, so I'm right :p

Seriously though, I get it--CI < CO :)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Wut? If I have an empty bag, and put in ONE, I can't take out 2. I'm a mathematician, so I'm right :p

I'm not a mathematician and I was thinking the same thing. How do I take 2 pebbles out of a bag if there's only 1?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

shhh if it makes him/her feel better. whatever. LOL
  • NotQuiteNorm
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

I'm not a mathematician and I was thinking the same thing. How do I take 2 pebbles out of a bag if there's only 1?

If you were a mathemagician you'd manage maybe :wink:
  • Ninkyou
    Options

Well if that were the case I'd go for pulling out rabbits instead of pebbles. You can eat rabbits at least... you can't eat pebbles.... easily.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Uhhhhh, this thread needs a different title. It's like a round peg and your trying to fit it in a square hole.

Metaphors, they aren't for everything.
  • NotQuiteNorm
    Options

Well if that were the case I'd go for pulling out rabbits instead of pebbles. You can eat rabbits at least... you can't eat pebbles.... easily.

I think OP meant these?
    Screen-shot-2013-07-15-at-22.02.44.png

They're like bad smarties :lol:
  • Ninkyou
    Options

I think OP meant these?

Well crap... then I want a giant bag of those. And I won't be pulling out just 1 or 2...
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    isulo_kura wrote: »
    But what colour should the pebbles be?

The colour of internal organs? Fat maybe?
    What is the bag made of? Is it recyclable? Will it break down over time? Can I exchange it for a new one at any point? Can I make repairs on it? What happens if you drop the bag and all the pebbles fall out?

I want my pebbles to be pretty rainbow colors!

But here's the real question: do clean pebbles weigh less than dirty pebbles?

(I'm going to duck and run away from the thread after asking that one.)

• NotQuiteNorm
    Options

I think OP meant these?

Well crap... then I want a giant bag of those. And I won't be pulling out just 1 or 2...

Dairy Milk Pebbles: The Ultimate Weight loss secret is to eat them in twos xD
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I like your username, OP.
  • NotQuiteNorm
    edited April 2015
    Options
    _QueenE_ wrote: »
    I like your username, OP.

I only just noticed OP has only been here for one day... Possibly: