• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Long time lurker, first time poster here

What?
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    What's the point? Lumping all women together? I know some who are, some who aren't. But it depends on emotionally or physically. What's the whole question?
  • RoseWhiteBrooke
    RoseWhiteBrooke Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

What?
    For some reason the whole long post doesn't seem to have posted grrr x_x lol
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

What?
    For some reason the whole long post doesn't seem to have posted grrr x_x lol

Ohhh, I see.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    MFP eating things again.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Ummmm..... no way in hell would anyone ever call me fragile. Women are tough.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    adamitri wrote: »
    MFP eating things again.

Why won't it do that to the vashikaran alibaba spammers???
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    tumblr_n3ogawkWJl1qes31ho1_500.gif
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    MFP eating things again.

It must not visit the Getting started forum as often.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    MFP eating things again.

:smiley:

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    MFP eating things again.
    It was hangry.
  • RoseWhiteBrooke
    Options
    I'll write a shortened version of what didnt post originally -

I've been reading up a lot about how to lose weight the healthiest way and it seems like there's so much info out there about women's fertility being affected by calorie restriction, carb restriction, eating less frequently... Which are the ways to lose weight. :\

It kind of freaked me out a bit because I want to lose around 15kg. I know the way my body loses weight easily is by eating light during the day (fruit, nuts) and then having a larger meal in the evening. I googled it and it just came up with a load of PEO
    Le talking about how their bodies had been damaged by calorie restriction, one woman even said that by skipping breakfast and eating light during the day her body went into menopause at 35!

Can anyone restore my faith in a woman's body to be strong and beautiful, and not self distruct at the slightest stress like a lot of people seem to think? :\
  • RoseWhiteBrooke
    Options
    What's the point? Lumping all women together? I know some who are, some who aren't. But it depends on emotionally or physically. What's the whole question?

I just reposted. My original post didn't post for some reason. No need to jump down my throat, I am a woman and I am not insulting women, I was referring to a lot of stuff I've been reading which freaked me out as it made it seem as if I would damage my body/hormones by dieting. :)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

I've been reading up a lot about how to lose weight the healthiest way and it seems like there's so much info out there about women's fertility being affected by calorie restriction, carb restriction, eating less frequently... Which are the ways to lose weight. :\

It kind of freaked me out a bit because I want to lose around 15kg. I know the way my body loses weight easily is by eating light during the day (fruit, nuts) and then having a larger meal in the evening. I googled it and it just came up with a load of PEO
    Le talking about how their bodies had been damaged by calorie restriction, one woman even said that by skipping breakfast and eating light during the day her body went into menopause at 35!

Can anyone restore my faith in a woman's body to be strong and beautiful, and not self distruct at the slightest stress like a lot of people seem to think? :\

My fertility actually got better with weight loss. So much so that I had a baby in January. Just sayin'.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

Anyone can write something on the internet, there's no IQ test or credentials required. You don't even need training to call yourself a nutritionist. I know women who've lost weight a lot of ways, some healthy, some unhealthy, some more successful than others. There's no rampant infertility spreading among them for their efforts. To the contrary, one of the main other sites I use re: weight loss is teeming with women who have PCOS and are suddenly popping up pregnant after being able to finally lose weight.
  • RoseWhiteBrooke
    Options
    Ummmm..... no way in hell would anyone ever call me fragile. Women are tough.
    *sigh* lol my long post didn't post for some reason, I just posted a shortened version as a reply. Was referring to hormonally
  • RoseWhiteBrooke
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    tumblr_n3ogawkWJl1qes31ho1_500.gif
    Helpful lol :p