Is it just me?

Options
I see a post that I think I can contribute in, or, at least, am interested in, and then I see the adversity and the sniping .....so I give up, I don't bother posting cos I don't want to get involved in it all.
Can't just be me, can it????

Replies

• dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Well, thanks for clearing that up,
  • JojoInTheForks
    JojoInTheForks Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Not at all. I feel exactly the same.
  • dufus12
    Options
    Not at all. I feel exactly the same.

Good to know! Ta!
  • JojoInTheForks
    JojoInTheForks Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    It amazes me that the know-it-alls have enough time to troll the boards, seemingly only to be condescending and rude to people that have genuine questions. We're all here because we want help keeping track...probably most to LOSE weight, some to gain and others to maintain. At one point, everyone was a newbie, so I have so little patience for those who are nasty.
  • dufus12
    Options
    Whats an EMT????
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not just you. And it's not going to change.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    dufus12 wrote: »
    I see a post that I think I can contribute in, or, at least, am interested in, and then I ...

Don't give up, post. Ignore the snipers.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Whats an EMT????
    It's Finnish for "I don't know".
    En Minä Tiedä

:*
  • dufus12
    Options

Ta. But it sad isn't it? I have seen some nasty stuff and I only been here 3 weeks. You want to be part of the community but I can be hard to have the commitment when you see the needless sniping and the adversity
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Ta. But it sad isn't it? I have seen some nasty stuff and I only been here 3 weeks. You want to be part of the community but I can be hard to have the commitment when you see the needless sniping and the adversity

I always find this so strange. Maybe it was because I came here from a wedding forum. Before that a dog forum. I was shocked how nice everyone is here.
  • dufus12
    Options
    MrM27, I didn't look at your pics. Would that help ?
    EMT? What does that mean?
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

Can you give an example? I rarely see anything truly abusive here, and when I do it is usually modded into oblivion fairly quickly.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

*shrug* - if you see a problem you can either be part of it (by joining in, or doing nothing), or part of the solution. People complain about what goes on here, but they never bother to do anything about it.

• LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I feel that if i have something decent to contribute to a post i will post it and have my say and be done with it. I will not keep going back and forth. Its not a debate. I gave my 2 cents and its done. Yes, i have seen what you are referring to. There are many know it alls on the forums that feel that if something isint the way they would view it then it must be wrong. If a person is being bashed i will usually give my reply in a private message.
  • dufus12
    Options

Can you give an example? I rarely see anything truly abusive here, and when I do it is usually modded into oblivion fairly quickly.

I will take your advice, but it not what I came on for, to be honest.