Thigh gap or anti thigh gap

Options

Replies

• katnroyal87
    katnroyal87 Posts: 8,789 Member
    Options
    BigEdge wrote: »
    i know some people who look for that gap - but I dont have any preferences either..... l like them all. Prefer them in yoga pants, but thats just me....

Lmao what is it with guys and yoga pants!!! lol I'm not complaining those are the most comfortable things to wear.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Haven't seen one of these threads in a while. I will say, does this person want to have sex with me? That will influence my answer.

Yup.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    This thigh gap obsession reminds me of when I was younger and the big thing to obsess about was prominent collarbones or prominent hip bones.

I recall seeing them being promoted through the "thinspo" images in pro-ana or pro-mia blogs.

If you're not genetically predisposed to lose fat in those areas, there is the potential of self-harm in trying to achieve that look.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I have a thigh gap, and I'm still 20 lbs overweight. It's all genetics.

Edit for typo.
  • BigEdge
    BigEdge Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    BigEdge wrote: »
    i know some people who look for that gap - but I dont have any preferences either..... l like them all. Prefer them in yoga pants, but thats just me....

Lmao what is it with guys and yoga pants!!! lol I'm not complaining those are the most comfortable things to wear.

and.... they make us happy
  • TigerLilly98a
    TigerLilly98a Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I could care less about it. I love it down there regardless ;)

Well said
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I'm not for or against it. Most people will probably not achieve one, and I am sad for those who are literally trying to lose weight just to obtain one. But, if I get one, cool, if not, oh well. lol.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I don't shop the Gap as much as I once did, because why bother? Unless its the sale rack, but I rarely even step foot in malls any longer I guess because I am told old to care.
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I would love to have a thigh gap as well....I hate my legs (and other body parts) with a hatred bordering on psychotic...I would love to not have to worry about starting a fire with the friction from my legs rubbing together....but as I'm a pear shape, I will wish in vain....it's a shame that some women/girls try to attain this dangerously without taking genetics into account.....
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    I don’t care one way or the other but apparently the ladies really like mine. :-P
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I just want to be able to wear shorts without my crotch area attempting to devour them. Unfortunately, even the skinniest of my family members don't have a thigh gap and bone shattering reconstructive surgery just isn't worth it, so I will have to continue pulling my shorts out from the great beyond.

If you got it, flaunt it. If you don't, don't worry about it.
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    OK serious answer: I would love to have a thigh gap. I would love to be able to wear proper running shorts without having to spit them out during my run; I would love to be able to wear sundresses without shorts underneath in the blazing summer sun; I would love to cut down on my summer useage of BodyGlide.

As for how it looks? Couldn't care less :)

Yes!
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Is it like the gap at the subway? If you fall in you're probably not coming out alive?

I think it's just a hole where they put droppings off of the sandwich. Like if lettuce falls off or something, they push it in there and there's a trash can underneath.

Well @_incogNEATo_ I think you're onto something. I should look into acquiring one myself. would make life so muchmore efficient
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Is it like the gap at the subway? If you fall in you're probably not coming out alive?

I think it's just a hole where they put droppings off of the sandwich. Like if lettuce falls off or something, they push it in there and there's a trash can underneath.

Well @_incogNEATo_ I think you're onto something. I should look into acquiring one myself. would make life so muchmore efficient

I'm here for you!
  • dgoodie92
    dgoodie92 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I've thick thighs so I say to hell with the gap. #legsrock
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    My wife had the body style for this up until her fifties. My daughter is in her forties and still has this. I could care less about them and lean toward not being an admirer of an individual who soully is in the personification for that style.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    dgoodie92 wrote: »

What about for the ones who have it because of genetics? I think I'll just stick to judging women on what really matters: whether or not they'll have sex with me.
  • jn612002
    jn612002 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like both.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    dgoodie92 wrote: »

What about for the ones who have it because of genetics? I think I'll just stick to judging women on what really matters: whether or not they'll have sex with me.

Maybe thigh gapped women are genetically predisposed to have sex with you. hmm? Just blew your mind didn't I
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Up next for debate: attached vs unattached earlobes.