Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    sparkteens.com
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm looking for a simple and easy 3 day diet that won't be noticeable by my co-workers. I'm wanting to surprise them by losing weight quickly. I don't want to draw attention to the fact that I'm dieting. (It's kind of embarrassing)

and on day four? ? ? ? ? ?
  • RandomChick116
    RandomChick116 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm looking for a simple and easy 3 day diet that won't be noticeable by my co-workers. I'm wanting to surprise them by losing weight quickly. I don't want to draw attention to the fact that I'm dieting. (It's kind of embarrassing)

Day four, you go back to normal.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options

So it accomplishes nothing, what is the point? Any smidge of weight you manage to lose on days 1-3 will be back on days 4-6.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

why do you want to surprise your co-workers with weight loss?????

this makes no sense...
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Wants to do a "healthier lifestyle" so her mother doesn't freak out because family history of eating disorders, yet thinks 3-day diet is good idea.

Hmm.
  • DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    "Diets" do not work. Eat healthy, exercise and realize that CICO is the only thing that will work... period. BTW, in 3 days you may lose water. Not trying to be mean, just being real.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    i hate to be debbie downer.....but no one is really going to notice a 5lb loss. NOW u want real body changes? start weight lifting.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    no one will notice 5 pounds. probably not even YOU

and a mentality of a quick fix is an indication of a potential eating disorder.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    It's impossible to lose a noticeable amount of real weight in 3 days. You could eat literally nothing and you're still only going to net a couple of pounds (yes, there will be some water weight, but that will come back the first time you swallow anything).
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I need to say that your coworkers will not notice a 3 day weight loss. A 3 day diet seems frivolous to me. I suggest that you act in a way at work where you will be taken seriously.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    3 days isn't long enough to teach you healthy eating habits, and 'going back to normal' isn't going to help you keep whatever success you might have.
  • RandomChick116
    RandomChick116 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Hmm. Wants to do a "healthier lifestyle" so her mother doesn't freak out because family history of eating disorders, yet thinks 3-day diet is good idea.

Hmm.
    I just want to use the 3 day as a jumpstart to a healthier diet altogether. I actually have completely given up on the idea now. Y'all have been UBER helpful! Thanks!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

Hmm.
    I just want to use the 3 day as a jumpstart to a healthier diet altogether. I actually have completely given up on the idea now. Y'all have been UBER helpful! Thanks!

hmmm in your OP you said you wanted to lose five pound to impress your co-workers…but now you are saying that this is a "jumpstart?"

Yea, no …sorry, it does not work that way.

Make the changes to have long term success and stop yo yo dieting ...