Size 24 to a size 8 in less than 9 months!

Options
124»

Replies

• kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You are probably less than 5 pounds from a 16 and then you better start budgeting new jeans into your monthly budget! Congrats!
  • JediMasterNaw
    JediMasterNaw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I can't wait. Currently a 22 and only 10 lbs down so far, I'm really looking forward to being able to get out of the plus sizes. Congrats on your success!
  • Funship
    Funship Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    awesome, awesome job!!!! good for you.
  • kristenlarkin
    Options
    Thank you, everyone
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I have to admit, I am a very very impatient person. I'm trying not to be, but it's so hard. I'm 5'3 and currently 192lb. I do not like the idea of only losing 1 or 2 pds per week. That sucks. It will take me forever at that rate. My ? for you is, "how much weight per week did you lose" and "do you think it's the low carb that did it, or you were just naturally eating less calories?" I want to lose about 5pds per week would be nice. I'm currently eating 1200 calories per day and doing Zumba and walking every day. Thanks
  • kristenlarkin
    edited April 2015
    Options
    For the first 3 months I was averaging about 16 pounds a month and now I average about 10 pounds. I can't really say I average anything per week, because there are weeks I don't lose at all or even slightly gain, but then I'll have a big week another week. There was only one month that I didn't lose at least 10 pounds. I pretty much didn't lose anything mid feb through mid march. I just kept gaining and losing the same couple of pounds. It was frustrating, but I stuck with it. I figured even if I never lost another pound I was still better than I was in July and I never want to go there again. I think low carb and low calorie both work about the same. It is a matter a preference. I know I can personally stick to low carb for life, because it is painless. I am never hungry and I can eat as much as I want as long as I stay under my 20g of carbs. I personally am not very good at low calorie. I get obsessed with the numbers and don't eat enough then give up and gain whatever little I lost back, plus some. I didn't add in exercise until Sunday and I have been doing 20-30 minute work out videos from youtube daily. I am doing the workouts to tone up, but I'm not sure if it will make the weight loss go any faster. I am currently 159 pounds and 141 is the high end of the healthy bmi for my height (5'3) so I think the weight loss will probably slow down a bit since I am getting closer. I want to get down to the 120's somewhere. Originally I wanted to get to the 130's, but I lowered my goal weight for now anyway. I have days where I feel like I eat all day long, then I have days where I barely eat anything so my calories jump all over. I actually stopped tracking them, because I can add 20 carbs up in my head.

eddited to add: If you choose to try low carb, give it two weeks before deciding if you like it or not. The first 2 weeks are hard because your body goes through withdrawal and you will feel like you are slightly hungover and were out all night. After you get through that, it is easy.

I have to admit, I am a very very impatient person. I'm trying not to be, but it's so hard. I'm 5'3 and currently 192lb. I do not like the idea of only losing 1 or 2 pds per week. That sucks. It will take me forever at that rate. My ? for you is, "how much weight per week did you lose" and "do you think it's the low carb that did it, or you were just naturally eating less calories?" I want to lose about 5pds per week would be nice. I'm currently eating 1200 calories per day and doing Zumba and walking every day. Thanks

• karmalovesbananas
    karmalovesbananas Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm doing low carb as well and I'm excited to see these type of results. Congrats!
  • sporttabasco
    sporttabasco Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Isn't a fabulous feeling. I had to buy a bunch of size 14 pants for work in January because I had lost so much weight that my pants were bagging. Then my 14 pants were too loose. I figured I was now in a size 12. Wrong! I am now in a size 8. In my entire life, I do not remember ever wearing a size 8. I am blown away!
  • kristenlarkin
    Options
    Isn't a fabulous feeling. I had to buy a bunch of size 14 pants for work in January because I had lost so much weight that my pants were bagging. Then my 14 pants were too loose. I figured I was now in a size 12. Wrong! I am now in a size 8. In my entire life, I do not remember ever wearing a size 8. I am blown away!

Congrats! It is a great feeling and I also did not think I'd ever be a size 8
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    My goal is a size 9. I just want to be below a size 10.
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the amazing work you've done! I started out wearing a 26, and just recently was able to buy some 12's. I am still wearing some 14's as well, but that's ok. I have another 20-25 I am wanting to lose, and am curious to see what size I end up when it's all said and done.
  • kaeleychilds
    kaeleychilds Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How long did it take to see changes?
  • lawanafdyer
    lawanafdyer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sounds wonderful!
  • kristenlarkin
    Options
    How long did it take to see changes?

I saw changes in the way my clothes fit in about a month. I still don't see much change looking in the mirror, but looking at old pictures I see a major change. Mentally, my brain hasn't really caught up I guess.
  • lisamyershb
    lisamyershb Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great job, please add me...I'd love to see how you did it. I"m on day 12 right now. Barely beginning my journey. :)
  • susankay10
    susankay10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know you are feeling great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!