Tips to build that booty

Options

Replies

• kikichewie
    kikichewie Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Stick with Strong Curves. It's all about really building a booty.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I didn't do Strong Curves but I have added barbell hip thrusts to my routine and it made a huge difference. Between the first and second pic I ate at maintenance and started lifting. Between the second and third pic I added hip thrusts and ate slightly above maintenance.

e34ba407-6e5a-47d6-903c-59c82d5f512b_zps3cf7062a.png

eta: I added about an inch to my booty between pic 2 and 3.
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Start squatting, and squat heavy! Check out the Stronglifts 5x5 program to start :)
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Squat and deadlift haha
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Let me know if any of this works. I have zero booty... No fat, no muscle. I look like a frog wearing jeans. Picture that.... There's your funny for the day.
  • ooBombshellBeautyoo
    ooBombshellBeautyoo Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Squat, lunges and step ups using free weights (I am up to 15lbs in each hand). "Lifting Heavy" can be really confusing and overwhelming or at least it was for me... lifting light weights for more reps is just as effective for building muscle as lifting heavy weights for fewer reps. The key is lifting to the point of fatigue. In fact, bodyweight exercises can often be just as effective — or more effective — than committing solely to iron.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Let me know if any of this works. I have zero booty... No fat, no muscle. I look like a frog wearing jeans. Picture that.... There's your funny for the day.

It works...Deadlifts, squats and hip thrusts...go heavy.
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm always looking for answers to this as I can't do squats/lunges because of my knee.... my booty has enough size, LOL, I just want it to be higher/rounder/more muscular. :wink:

p.s. great job @ILiftHeavyAcrylics :smile:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    Wait wut... You are losing the fat off your butt and it is now smaller but you want it bigger again ? For real ? Who wants a bigger butt ? or I guess why would you want a bigger butt ? You worked hard at losing fat to get a smaller butt, enjoy your success !

I lost fat, I'd be interested in bulking someday and growing some muscle there. I don't see the issue.

Not an issue at all. Folks are free to do what they choose. It just stuck me as unusual and I was interested in understanding the point of view.
    My point of view is simply from living in household full of females who seem to always be concerned with their butt "looking big". LoL. So somebody wanting a bigger booty seems different to me.

Yeah, I've always had a big butt too. It's still large, but after losing fat I have the time and interest in trying to fix it up a bit. Though it's mostly vanity that drives me-I'm super interested in the science and work it takes to get the aesthetics I want.

Maybe it's my lack of butt that wants me to have a bigger one? lol I mean I don't want to look like Nikki Minaj or anything I just want to see something back there when I look in the mirror..lol

See if you can find some progress pics of women who ran SC. It's really amazing. Of course, they were eating support that growth. But it's always nice to have something to look forward to. (I don't know where in your journey you are/if you're ready for a bulk/recomp/whatever).

I'm down to 110 lbs.. I'm 5'4". I would love to gain muscle mass but I'm really clueless on how to eat to support that. I have been doing a lot of running and I'm going to cut that back to twice a week and start doing more of these other workouts that I have found, including SC.

Eat at a slight surplus (set your goal to gain 0.5 lbs/week), get adequate protein (at your size I would say a minimum of 90 grams/day), and of course lift (strong curves would be a good program for you goals as already mentioned).
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I didn't do Strong Curves but I have added barbell hip thrusts to my routine and it made a huge difference. Between the first and second pic I ate at maintenance and started lifting. Between the second and third pic I added hip thrusts and ate slightly above maintenance.

e34ba407-6e5a-47d6-903c-59c82d5f512b_zps3cf7062a.png

eta: I added about an inch to my booty between pic 2 and 3.

wow...just wow
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Hip thrusts (and barbell glute bridges) are really great for glutes. Doing a combo of hip thrusts, squats, and deadlifts (or RDLs) is better. People suggest squats all the time, which is great, but hip thrusts are the best at activating glutes.

http://bretcontreras.com/hip-thrust-and-glute-science/
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Wait wut... You are losing the fat off your butt and it is now smaller but you want it bigger again ? For real ? Who wants a bigger butt ? or I guess why would you want a bigger butt ? You worked hard at losing fat to get a smaller butt, enjoy your success !

For me, it's about avoiding pancake butt. My bootie was my best feature, and when I started running, I literally ran my tailfeathers off! So for many women, it's about building up a firm rear.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Now I'm confused, what's the difference between a hip thrust and a glute bridge? I was thinking they were the same thing...
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    htimpaired wrote: »
    Now I'm confused, what's the difference between a hip thrust and a glute bridge? I was thinking they were the same thing...

https://youtu.be/DvQXREKFfpY

I would watch it but I'm paying attention to my president's press conference. I am sure the video explain the difference. But i think a glute bridge is usually done on the floor and hip thrust is done like how the video starts upper body on something.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    htimpaired wrote: »

https://youtu.be/DvQXREKFfpY

I would watch it but I'm paying attention to my president's press conference. I am sure they explain the difference. But i think a glute bridge is usually done on the floor and hip thrust is done like how the video starts upper body on something.

Yep--you're right. Glute bridges are done on the floor and hip thrusts are done on a bench or step or other elevated surface.
  • kmsoucy457
    kmsoucy457 Posts: 237 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Squats. All varieties. When those get comfortable, add weight. Since you want to build up the muscle having already shed the fat, you want to eat at least at maintenance while building said booty (not an expert!). Use any system/ workout you'd like; all of those mentioned sound like they'll do the trick.

I take a step aerobics class a couple times per week, which is pretty intense on the lower body, and my posterior is shaping up nicely as I lose weight! However I started off with some extra jiggle, so am in a bit of a different boat than you. Best of luck!
  • thewisdomcube
    thewisdomcube Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Squats will help, but after a while your body will adjust and you'll plateau. Best I could recommend would be to either hire a personal trainer, or save some money and invest in a program online. You need to find a program that you can do consistently, implements muscle confusion, and gets incrementally harder as it goes along. In addition, just make sure you maintain a high protein diet, or else you won't see any gains at all and all of your exercise will be for no reason. I know there are a few good programs online, let me see if I can find some..

Update: Found a few good deals on programs here - www.mybuttgoals.com - Good luck!
  • dirtydirtysouf
    dirtydirtysouf Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Squat squat and squat some more.....add wide powerlifter style to your program and that will hit more glute and hip area
  • my_jennaration
    my_jennaration Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys! I can't really squat heavy right now as I don't have a gym membership and just have free weights.. but I'm saving to buy my own equipment. But I have found that as of right now my own body weight is more than enough to wear me out. haha Thank you all so much!