what excuses did you make for not losing weight.

Options

Replies

• missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    "I carry it well, it doesn't look that bad" Yes, it does.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I blamed my crazy work hours, and while I don't feel guilty over ALL the weight gain at all as the hours really were brutal, I do acknowledge that I still had control over what I ate, and I definitely ate my feelings more often than I should have.
  • exstromn
    exstromn Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Other denial-type excuses...some better "backed" than others...I always managed to fit into plus size clothes really well and never had trouble finding clothes to fit/flatter, so when a lot of my friends gained weight with pregnancy or sedentary habits I felt like I was "meant to be plus" because I didn't have the fit problems they shared with me. I didn't have weight related health issues like diabetes or COPD or any of that (YET...thankfully it didn't come to that). I was pretty well proportioned and always had a thin face compared to my body, so it was easy to live in denial.

This was me too..we are onions with many layers:)
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    My excuse in retrospect was I was ok with my weight. Until of course one day I wasn't ok with it.
    I really didn't think about it much but I knew I was fat, I was just ok with it.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I carry my weight well. No one would ever guess I'm 190, 220,170 lbs.

Only a dog wants a bone.

I can have this cupcake today and I'll start my diet on Monday.

As long as my clothes still fit, until they didnt.

These fit women have been fit and small their whole lives and dont have any children. I'm a mother. Motherhood put this weight on me.

Working out and dieting will take away from my family time.

I'm sure I've told myself other lies.
  • Allelito
    Allelito Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    No excuse really, I just really loved eating and I knew I was bound to keep gaining I guess. Back then, I preferred eating everything that I wanted than to care for my weight. However, at one point I was becoming way too unhappy with looking at my body so I just decided to deal with it. I'm about 5-10lbs from my goal now :)
  • laropmet
    laropmet Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    sarahlifts wrote: »
    I carry my weight well. No one would ever guess I'm 190, 220,170 lbs.

People used to tell me I didn't look like I was 16.5st and i genuinely believed them, and would say "Really? Thanks!". Yet when the same person said the same thing to someone who was "fat" I always thought they were just trying to flatter them. How could I not tell the difference, or rather that there was no difference.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    "I carry it well, it doesn't look that bad" Yes, it does.

Ah yes, I used this one too. "I'm big boned! I don't look nearly as heavy as I am." Yes, I am large framed, but that really doesn't make much of a difference.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I kept trying to tell myself I still looked ok, even though I could see how much I had put on. I tried to blame it on my work, with a long commute, and just feeling like I didn't have the time to take care of myself. I needed to take care of my family. Then my daughter got sick and I just put myself on the back burner even more.
  • HumboldtFred
    HumboldtFred Posts: 159 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    That I was healthy enough with a 100 cholesterol score and 90 over 70 blood pressure.

That I was strong because I was big. I could bench-press most people but couldn't catch them in a race across the street.

I have really wide shoulders, and big arms and hands, so I thought I would lose them if I ever got, "Skinny" (I still do)

Also, from the neck up I am pretty good looking. I told myself I would lose my boyish looks if I lost weight. (Just the opposite I look 15 years younger than I am)

I would tell myself if I ever got fit I would become a narcissistic user with no self control and man *kitten*. (we will see)

Working 13-16 hour shifts it is easy to justify three meals a day from a drive through window.

Intellectual people like me, work with their minds not their bodies right?

I have excuses for my excuses...............there is never a shortage.

• Charliecatesq
    Charliecatesq Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    "It's too hard" basically. I don't think i looked bad at 15stone, i carried it well, i have good cheek bones so my face never looked fat, i could shop easily on the high street mostly (i have an enormous chest but that's my entire family). Then i would "start Monday" be done with it by Wednesday. I am very good at being the loud, witty, curvy redhead and i like being her but my PCOS diagnosis came and that makes me more likely to get diabetes and nothing is worth that.
  • Chrysalid2014
    Chrysalid2014 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    TiffanyR71 wrote: »
    "I'll start tomorrow" is something I've told myself probably 1,000 times in recent years.

Starting "Monday" for me...

The Spanish have a famous expression: "mañana, mañana".... it means "NOT today"

• Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    That I wasn't that big. That at 5'8 I could carry it well. That in my opinion I wasn't quite into too large of a clothing size...

Yet I was miserable. My feet hurt. My back hurt. My before photos tell a different story than what was in my head.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    No excuses. I was just lazy.
  • fit4lifemom
    fit4lifemom Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i avoided seeing it - stopped looking in full length mirrors, bought generous fitting clothes, and hid behind work demands and stress for no time to eat well or work out.

Then I saw the picture of me in a bathing suit that I thought fit - yeah not so much. That was followed quickly by my annual check up revealing the start of high cholesterol. Then I looked in the mirror and I stopped hiding behind work demands.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    GingerSka wrote: »
    That I wasn't that big. That at 5'8 I could carry it well. That in my opinion I wasn't quite into too large of a clothing size...

Yet I was miserable. My feet hurt. My back hurt. My before photos tell a different story than what was in my head.

That's totally me, too. My feet and back didn't hurt. But yes. I thought I looked the way I did at size 12-14 when I was size 22/24. In a lot of ways I'm actually GLAD I thought that because if I'd seen what I see now in my before shots I wouldn't have had the same confidence.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    "I'm tall, I carry my weight well." All 193lbs of it at 5'11. Nope.
    "After 30, my metabolism went to pot". That's why I gained the weight, but that's not why I couldn't lose it.
    "I don't know why I'm gaining?" Duh, maybe the 3 beers you had the other night with the big plate of fried food.
    "Taller women can't expect to fit into smaller sizes, I'm just not built for that" To my past self I say, look at the tags in your pants now, size 6. Couldn't be done, huh?
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    A5DZS4M.jpg
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    When I "tried": I drink plenty of water, the weight will start coming off soon!
    Usually: I just didn't want to
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I didn't really make excuses but there was a lot of self blame and self shame going on.