Things That Make You Irrationally Angry

Options

Replies

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I got another one. At work our restrooms have 3 stalls. If I'm the only one in there, I go to one of the end stalls like any decent human being would. Then someone else will come in...and go to the middle stall instead of the one on the other end. Why?! The only reason to use the middle stall is if there is someone in both of the others already. Period.
  • danielles19862015
    danielles19862015 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    When the uber driver calls you and asks where you are. I AM WHERE I ASKED YOU TO PICK ME UP ARE YOU BRAIN DEAD...actually, I am a nice person but that really does drive me nuts.

Also people who do not show any considerations for their surroundings - e.g. stopping dead in the street, standing in front of you when you are looking at a shelf in the store, walking 4 abreast on the pavement etc.

When you are in an empty gym and someone comes and stands next to you for no reason e.g. using the mat next to yours, using the next xtrainer, lifting weights right next to you when there is plenty of mirror space and equipment.

Oh and added to that - when the gym instructors at my gym don't take the register so loads of people sneak into body attack and you then can't move without having to shove other people out of the way.

Maybe the last three are not so irrational though.

• Carpedieznutz
    Carpedieznutz Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    People who leave lights on or doors open in a room that they are not occupying anymore
  • pleasantashes
    pleasantashes Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Any customer that orders a Venti frappuccino. I don't understand how anyone can sit and sip a 600 calorie beverage, equal to the number of calories I burn while working an 8 hour shift where I take over 10,000 steps.
  • danielles19862015
    danielles19862015 Posts: 48 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    People who leave lights on or doors open in a room that they are not occupying anymore

oh god yes! i turn the lights off in the meeting rooms at work once we are done and sometimes people are like "errr...why bother?"
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options

We had automatic light switches installed in our salesmen's offices because they would never turn their lights off.
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I don't know if Specs liquor is a national chain or not but they have a commercial with people dancing crummy choreography and it pisses me off. Like a lot, I hardly understand why. Maybe it's because it's so crappy and someone got paid to make that thing. Or maybe because it horrible and always on.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I got another one. At work our restrooms have 3 stalls. If I'm the only one in there, I go to one of the end stalls like any decent human being would. Then someone else will come in...and go to the middle stall instead of the one on the other end. Why?! The only reason to use the middle stall is if there is someone in both of the others already. Period.

Agreed!!! My thoughts are the middle stall should have an automatic lock when a stall on the other end is available. Don't give them the middle stall option in that circumstance!

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    my list of pet peeves is long and ever changing....

today it is:

home care nurses who can't get it through their heads that they need to call ME to schedule an appointment for my grandfather and not HIM - who will agree to ANYTHING at ANY TIME but not mean it or remember it at ALL

drivers who are more interested in whats in the seat next to (or behind them, or on the floor, or on their phone) than you know, driving.

teenagers. pretty much just in general.

• HumboldtFred
    HumboldtFred Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Any customer that orders a Venti frappuccino. I don't understand how anyone can sit and sip a 600 calorie beverage, equal to the number of calories I burn while working an 8 hour shift where I take over 10,000 steps.

My partner at work drinks one of these every day for breakfast. Lunch is a 2 liter of RC Cola, 2 cans of Pringles and a burger or two. I wish I was 6"9" and 295 so I could eat like that.
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    People who eat with their mouths open.
    Screaming kids (I don't mean crying, I mean those evil little monsters that screech at the top of their lungs).
    Tourists that stop in the middle of the road for no reason causing me to almost hit them with my bike. It's the centre of Amsterdam people! MOVE!
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    People who poke at my computer screen with a pen.
  • Kittens08
    Kittens08 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I hate the sound of people clipping their toenails/nails. I have coworkers that do it and I want to punch them!
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Yes! Who clips their toenails at work. That is so NOT irrational, that should piss everyone off.

People walking or talking super super slow.

Whining (kids and adults)

When you are waiting to merge or get onto a highway and you are waiting in traffic in a huge line of cars because everyone is needed to get off there and IT'S ALMOST ALWAYS a BMW or Mercedes or luxury care that feels like they can cut you all off. This one is probably the worse for me. Anyone reading this you ARE NO MORE IMPORTANT. Get in line!!!

• Misshodge64
    Misshodge64 Posts: 8,588 Member
    Options
    FAILURE
  • Behindthesehazeleyes96
    Options
    WhEn someone says pacific instead of specific - pisses me off !!!! :)
  • ladykate26
    ladykate26 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    when my dad tries to to 'text speak'
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Oh, and the time I almost ran over a little old lady. They were walking 4 across and 2 deep on a 3-lane track with a dedicated runners lane. I tried to weave through them when she suddenly started to dart across lanes. THERE ARE RULES POSTED, PEOPLE.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    ladykate26 wrote: »
    when my dad tries to to 'text speak'

When anybody uses text speak. It's 2 letters between 'ur' and 'your, takes a fraction of a second, and makes you look so much smarter.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    When a mom says she will go momma bear on <insert whoever>... really? it's almost always in reference to another child who may or may not have "offended" their child... really? you're a grown woman, act like an adult.