How much $ is your gym?

Options

Replies

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    $0/month. It cost a lot to set up, though.

final.jpg
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I pay 80/yr at my local rec center and get reimbursed by my work 25/mth so I actually profit. I used to use my local YMCA and for family I was charged 30/mth.

That is SWEET. You're getting paid to work out.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    $20/mo at PF.
  • westcoastgrl21
    westcoastgrl21 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    As you can see, there's a HUGE difference in prices depending on where you live. I live in southern CA and I pay $69 a month for what is a mediocre gym with old equipment. If you want amenities like a pool or tennis courts, then you will be paying around $150 per month in my town. That's what the market is here...there's no cheaper option. If you can afford it, then pay for the gym that you like better. It's worth it to not be annoyed with the facility.
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    LA Fitness - $21.75 a month - can go to any gym they have!!! :smiley: I got lucky though, I had another gym membership for that price and LA Fitness bought their contracts out... :wink:
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    $0/month. It cost a lot to set up, though.

final.jpg

pretty!!!

This is mine:

• 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    38 bucks a month for my daughter and I. Cold pool. Warm pool with water slides. Basketball courts. Racquetball courts. Climbing wall. Hot tubs. Any classes I want. BIG free weights section. Lotsa machines. Lazy river. Pool tables. Table tennis. It at our community recreation center.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    $150 a month but that includes full programming and coaching.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    $55 a month. Open 24/7. I can go in when I don't have to see or talk to any humans.

Priceless!
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Free. Garage gym
  • CandiceMcD
    CandiceMcD Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I pay $60/month for 2 of us at a 24 hour gym with key card entrance. Its a bit smaller than our old $10/month gym - but that kind of gym was so annoying and full all the time so we never went. I pay the higher amount for a gym I feel more comfortable at & I will actually use.
  • dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    $25 A MONTH AT LAFITNESS.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    despite the hatred on these boards - $10 a month at planet fitness and i love it.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I got the 2 year membership for 24 hour fitness for $365, Comes out to $15.21 a month. Includes all gyms except for the super sports. I love to know if the pool or something is down in the one i go to i can go to another. Plus when i was out of town, i had a gym to go to that was nicer then the hotel gym, and did not have to pay extra.
  • spartan_d
    spartan_d Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    shamcd wrote: »
    Planet Fitness $20 per month, 24 hour access, tanning, massage beds/chairs, and red light therapy machine. You're on your own there, since they have no fitness classes and the "trainers" are laughable, but it's cheap :)
    Two days ago, I had to educate a Planet Fitness employee on how to build up one's chest muscles. I also had to explain to him why using a Smith machine for "bench pressing" felt awkward to him. (Hint: The Smith machine is a horrible device that forces one's joints to move in unnatural ways.)
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    $57 a month for membership at local YMCA for a single. They have various plans including family if that applies. Finally after almost two years I am using it for all it's worth simply because I no longer have to balance workdays and workouts. I have retired and have the time now.
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    $57 a month for membership at local YMCA for a single. They have various plans including family if that applies. Finally after almost two years I am using it for all it's worth simply because I no longer have to balance workdays and workouts. I have retired and have the time now.
    The Y for me because they have a pool which is how I get 99% of my exercise (swimming and water walking)

• janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    $50 a month no contract (me) or $40 a month 1 year contract. It includes classes and a steam room. Equipment is older and is always being repaired, cleanliness is questionable, but it's a women's only gym and the only one like that in the city, it's either that gym or no gym. Great thing is it never gets really busy and if I go in at 2 pm on a weekday chances are I am one of 5 people in there.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »
    cleanliness is questionable

that would be a hard pass for me LOL

the gym closest to my house was NASTY filthy and dark and creepy and was more $$. nope, ill drive the 20 minutes to get to PF LOLOLOL