COFFEE CREAMER HELP!

Options

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Coffee is so important to me, I'm not changing how I love to drink it. I've learned how to make it fit into my day. :drinker:
  • slp51
    slp51 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee light and I LOVE Coffee Mate Italian Sweet Cream. I have a Keurig and I use the middle setting, which probably gives me 10 oz of coffee. I put in 4 TBSP of the sugar free version and 1 TBSP regular. That's 95 calories I work into my calorie intake. I cannot give that up!
  • kaspatore
    kaspatore Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    that's unsweetened vanilla almond milk from trader joes- it's the BEST!
  • tberrycastle
    tberrycastle Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone, for your suggestions and input. Yes, the sordid truth is that I don't measure and I'm probably putting 4 Tablespoons in, times 2-3 cups of coffee. EEK! That's an extra 270 calories a day! I am going to experiment with some of these ideas and try to cut the calories by at least 1/3. @ kaspatore: salted caramel is my favorite too! Where do you find skinny syrups? What is the brand name? I might be able to blend a syrup with some 1/2 & 1/2 and make my own creamer with less calories. Wish me luck! I totally can't give up this necessary morning ritual....but I've got to get the calories under control :-)
  • MamaMollyT
    MamaMollyT Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I use a little milk or coconut milk and a 1/2 tsp raw honey.
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Never tried them, but I've seen "skinny syrup" at Walmart and grocery stores alike. The bottle looks like this:
    http://www.amazon.com/Jordans-Skinny-Gourmet-Sugar-Free-Caramel/dp/B00J228BLC

Personally, I mix one flavored creamer (coldstone sweet cream creamer is my fav) and one regular half and half. The calorie hit isn't bad and it tastes good to me. I rarely like my coffee black.
  • MariGirl17
    MariGirl17 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used to LOVE lots of Half & Half in my coffee but I started drinking it black. Cut out the creamer or make it up throughout the day!
  • ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I go through a similar situation. I love my flavored creamers. Sometimes I limit myself to just one cup in the morning with 2 tablespoons in it and then drink the rest of my coffee sans sugar and cream. Sometimes I will drink two cups, but only if I make up for it with extra exercise to offset it. But...yeah, it's a little frustrating. I just try to make room for it because it's something I love.
  • christinalong1991
    christinalong1991 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Torani's sugar free flavored syrups are usually sold at any grocery store in the coffee isle. Its kinda pricey but also strong so the bottle lasts a while. for me at least!
  • LMS120yesIcan
    LMS120yesIcan Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I Drank 4 cups of coffee a day with creamer. I was more addicted to the sugar in the creamer than the caffine. I now drink one cup of black coffee in the morning and I no longer crave for coffee throughout the day. It wasn't as hard as I thought to make the change. I probably save 200 calories a day. It's worth a try.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    You've tried the sugar free coffee mate? I recently got the sugar free Italian sweet cream and it's delicious! And 15 calories per tablespoon. Measure yours out and see how it tastes with the correct serving size. I think you'll be surprised at how good it is with the right amount!
    I actually went off creamer for two years and recently brought it back because for some reason black coffee started making me feel sick to my stomach... Even though I love coffee! So for some reason it doesn't do that with the creamer.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I drank black coffee for a week (and hated every single second of it) before switching to sugar free/fat free. I was using half a cup of creamer. :sweat_smile: Now I drink more coffee and only a quarter cup of creamer. 60 calories is way better than 235.

Good luck!
  • KeepItSimpleGirl
    KeepItSimpleGirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use 1 tablespoon creamer with 2 tablespoon 2% and one Splenda.
  • draco706
    draco706 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I drink lattes. I am not gonna stop. If I have coffee I add about 1/4C. of milk. (too acidic otherwise)
  • hstull82
    hstull82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Nonfat half n half plus stevia for me!
  • Freidon
    Freidon Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    One tablespoon of creamer, and Silk for the rest. Not nearly as good, but saves on carbs and still gets me up in the morning. :smiley:
  • lovelylightz
    lovelylightz Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Honestly just make room for it in your calorie allowance or work extra hard to burn off the additional calories maybe.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Use almond milk?
  • Prettyinpaisley
    Prettyinpaisley Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I found that it was easier to cut the sugar from my coffee first, and then gradually cut down on the creamer. I eventually switched to skim milk in my coffee, because black coffee is hard on my stomach. Now half & half feels like a real treat! I've found that a tsp of honey in coffee is pretty good.

Also, some of the flavored keurig pods don't actually have any calories or sugars... they smell delicious!

If it's caffeine you're after, there are some great caffeinated teas that are great without sugar or milk! Try switching it up!