Greek yogurt

Options
I buy Oikos greek yogurt but i just looked at protein and it is only 14 grams of protein and was wondering if there is a higher protein lower carb one. Thanks

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I don't know about 'low carb', but I get Dannon Greek Light & Fit, which is 80 calories, 12g protein and 8 carbs.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Not enough information here... what's the serving size, what type of the Oikos is it?

I eat Fage 2%. A 227 g (1 cup) serving, has 9 grams of carbs and 23 grams of protein.
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Not enough information here... what's the serving size, what type of the Oikos is it?

I eat Fage 2%. A 227 g (1 cup) serving, has 9 grams of carbs and 23 grams of protein.

Same here
  • IvanOcampo
    IvanOcampo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I don't know where you are, or whether it's accessible to you, but I buy Chobani greek yogurt.
    The plain one, 0% fat.
    0 fats, 10 carbs and 10 proteins per 100 grams of yogurt.
  • swimminginseattle
    swimminginseattle Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Dittoing on Fage 2% information above, and Fage is my favorite Greek yogurt.

A second brand that I also enjoy is Tillamook's Farmstyle Greek (I love that they do not claim their yogurt to be "Greek", and coin it farmstyle...and it's 100% better than many of the Greek rip-off yogurt, imo). The 5.3 oz serving of 0% milk fat, 13g of protein.
  • canadacatman
    canadacatman Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am in Canada sorry the serving size is 175 grams it is vanilla i eat mostly. Thx
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Stonyfield - Organic Greek Yogurt Plain 0% Fat, 150 g (5.3 oz - 1 container) - Cals:80, Carbs:6, Fat:0, Pro:15

p7seq9ny78fz.jpg
  • breathless575
    breathless575 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Stonyfield - Organic Greek Yogurt Plain 0% Fat, 150 g (5.3 oz - 1 container) - Cals:80, Carbs:6, Fat:0, Pro:15

This is my favorite yogurt!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Take it from a genuine Greek, lol!
    Fage 2% plain Greek yogurt is the most delicious!
  • CandiceMcD
    CandiceMcD Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Fage is my favorite! I buy the big containers cause we use it for sweet and savory dishes. (My boyfriend is the Greek)
  • cschaub01
    cschaub01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    A food service trick, to raise protein levels, is to add powdered milk into milk or yogurt. Powdered milk is 0% fat, 80 calories and 8 grams of protein per cup. Just stir in the equivalent amount of powder per cup of yogurt.
  • rh091
    rh091 Posts: 100 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm in Canada - I buy President's Choice 0% Plain Greek Yogurt. For a 175 g serving (3/4 cup) it's 18g of protein and 120 calories and 12 g carbs. I usually put some berries and hemp or chia seeds on top.
  • ljcolasanto
    ljcolasanto Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I often toss in half a scoop of protein powder if I'm trying to get a full serving. It's a great way to flavour your yogourt as well if you have interesting protein powder flavours.
  • mitri23
    mitri23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great Value (Walmart) Greek Nonfat Plain Yogurt. 1 cup has 120 calories, 23g protein, 30% calcium, 0g fat, 510mg potassium, and 9 g carbs/sugar. I like to mix raspberries/blackberries in it for added fiber and flavor.
  • CandiceMcD
    CandiceMcD Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    cschaub01 wrote: »
    A food service trick, to raise protein levels, is to add powdered milk into milk or yogurt. Powdered milk is 0% fat, 80 calories and 8 grams of protein per cup. Just stir in the equivalent amount of powder per cup of yogurt.

This is a great idea! Haven't thought much about powdered milk since we were forced to drink it as kids. ha ha
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I eat plain Fage 0%. It is 170 g (6 oz) container. 100 calories, 18g protein, 7g carbs, 7g sugar.
    I add my own berries to it.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options

how many calories and fat is in that?
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    If you're talking about one of the regular 5.3oz servings, then 14g is on the high end. You might be able to find something with more protein at that size, but not by enough that would make a huge difference.