crossfit

Options
Does anybody have suggestions on how to log in workouts from crossfit?

Replies

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    As calistentics is the answer I usually see. Alternately, you could just account for your calorie burn as part and parcel of your overall TDEE.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    There's the option to create your own exercise as well if you have some kind of idea of how much you're burning.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    If you do it regularly you can just up your caloric goal every day by a couple hundred calories. Track your progress and adjust as needed based in the results you're seeing over a couple weeks. If you do it that way, then don't log the exercise.
  • LenoraElliot
    LenoraElliot Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of logging crossfit as vigorous calistentics. I will try that for now. I like the logging because I feel like I am getting credit for all my sweat. lol
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of logging crossfit as vigorous calistentics. I will try that for now. I like the logging because I feel like I am getting credit for all my sweat. lol

Careful. If you over-estimate the burn while cutting it could end up hammering your weight-loss efforts - if that's what you are doing. Usually, its recommended to estimate a burn on the lesser side.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Calories are just an estimate. Plug something reasonable and WOD on. If it isn’t giving you the results you want, tweak things. I’m a 215lb man and I log 45 minutes (assuming a 15 minute warm up) at 210 calories. That is working for now, if it stops working I’ll tweak things.

Also, there is a crossfit group, if you’re interested - http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/99-crossfit-love.

Enjoy!
  • LenoraElliot
    LenoraElliot Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks I didn't realize there is a crossfit group. Will look into that.