Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge - Ravenclaw

Options

Replies

• psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    I haven't really been keeping track of my house points... but will from now on!
    So I've got 3 so far from posts, and then yesterday I had pineapple (yellow) and strawberries (red) and today I had salad (green). I still need one more color! But I think I might make it a personal goal for this week to hit all the colors of the rainbow! I'll have a clementine tomorrow for orange, but I need some suggestions for other blue and purple foods! Blue can always be blueberries, but are there any other "blue" foods?

maybe purple grapes or purple cabbage. what about purple onion in a salad??
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! I'm back- I have been MIA for 2 days- had to grade state tests- it was pure and utter torture, seriously, if not the sitting in a chair for 8 hours, the over 2000 6th grade written paragraphs were enough to kill me. Eating was pretty good though- I'm a picky eater so barely ate what was served- think I was actually too low on cal.
    My daughter has also been having rough nights so no working out yesterday morning (Tuesday) or today (Wednesday). Hopefully I can get more than an hour of sleep at a time tonight and I will be refreshed tomorrow am.
  • liz11599
    liz11599 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Did 40 minutes of weight training at the gym today. Lots of green and red lettuce in the sandwich at lunch today too.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I had black beans, tomatoes, green and red lettuce, and strawberries for lunch. I dunno - are the colors supposed to be daily or just 4 colors for the whole week??
  • minniebee
    minniebee Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    So I've got 3 so far from posts, and then yesterday I had pineapple (yellow) and strawberries (red) and today I had salad (green). I still need one more color! But I think I might make it a personal goal for this week to hit all the colors of the rainbow! I'll have a clementine tomorrow for orange, but I need some suggestions for other blue and purple foods! Blue can always be blueberries, but are there any other "blue" foods?

Ooh, purple onion, good idea!
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I picked up my HRM and now to figure out how to use it. Yesterday, I had strawberries (red), cantelope(orange?), honeydew(green)......just to finish out my colors with dinner tonight....cauliflower (white) along with my BBQ pork chop and beets(deep red)
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    i thought the colors had to be all on one plate at one meal time or is it just 4 colors all day when ever i want some color. also can i count different colors of beige light beige oatmeal yellow beige butter golden beige honey and white milk?? cuz if thats the case I got this in the bag.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    i thought the colors had to be all on one plate at one meal time or is it just 4 colors all day when ever i want some color. also can i count different colors of beige light beige oatmeal yellow beige butter golden beige honey and white milk?? cuz if thats the case I got this in the bag.

I think the idea was to get some fruits and veggies in the diet since they have fantastic nutrients - and the deeper the colors the better. I'm just not sure if it's 4 colors for the week or 4 colors for each day...
  • psb13
    Options

Ooh, purple onion, good idea!

i really like purple!!:bigsmile:
  • ashiesmash
    ashiesmash Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    So far this week I've eaten green bell peppers, red tomatoes, yellow corn, white onions, oranges (love those cuties!), green avocados, green broccoli (on a all veggie pizza which included a bunch of the already mentioned!), and leafy greeny salad goodness.

Today I can't wait to get my hands on some pink watermelon!

Phew! Never knew how much color there was in my food until I actually started paying attention :D
  • ashiesmash
    ashiesmash Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Blue corn perhaps? :D
  • liz11599
    liz11599 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Did my strength training at the gym today....extra long too because I was trapped inside from a torential down pour. So add another point for the Ravenclaw House!!
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    AH! Sorry I've been slacking off on this challenge, I've been getting my summer affairs in order, and making charts for another challenge, alright, lets see:

Challenges are:

Week 1
    Food challenge: drink 8 glasses of water per day and add 1-2 glasses for every 30 mins of exercise you get.

Exercise challenge: do some sort of exercise for at least 30 minutes per day (can be anything-walking, running, swimming, biking, horseback riding, moderate house cleaning, weight lifting etc)."

Week 2
    Food Challenge: Try at least three new recipes this week.

Exercise Challenge: Try to get outside and do some kind of exercise for at least 20 minutes at least 5 days this week.

Week 3
    Food challenge: Try to get at least 4 different colors in your meals this week. Different colored foods have different nutrients so the more colorful your plate the more different nutrients you are getting! :)

Exercise Challenge: Try to do at least two days worth of strength training this week (doesnt have to be extreme, just must work on muscle building rather than or in addition to cardio.)

Well, week 1, I definitely got the food challenge, I drink at least 96oz a day and more when I exercise! And I worked out 4 days a week.
    Week 2, I tried (and then altered) 2 recipe's! One for Tuna Casserole, and one for low cal Tuna Salad (trying to get rid of some tuna!) And then I only did 1 outdoor workout last week, which was bike riding.
    Week 3 I did strength training yesterday (Oblique, abs, lumbar) and I hope to do the same tomorrow
    AND I work at Freeb!rds World Burrito, so I definately get my 4+colors. I've had 3 burritos this week, all of which had roasted peppers (red, green, white) Cheese, (yellow,white) Rice (white, green) our salad mix (green, purple) sour cream (white), all wrapped up in a Spinach tortilla (green). That'll be red, green, white, yellow, and purple, 3 times already this week.
  • LJSpady
    Options
    OH! I've been meaning to tell everyone! Like all of you, I'm trying to hit a goal by the night of the premire, BUT I have another event that I'm trying to lose weight for.... MY GIRLFRIEND AND i ARE GOING TO THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER IN ORLANDO FLORIDA!!!!! We're going the weekend before the movie comes out!
    I started this challenge at 357 and I hope to be down to 315 by the trip and the premiere! That's 42 more lbs in under 7 weeks. I know that's a pretty hefty goal, but you know what they say, "shoot for the moon, and even if you miss you'll land among the stars!"
    I'm so excited!! I will be posting A LOT of pics especially of my 42 lbs lighter body!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    HP Post of the Day:

DID YOU KNOW ?
    michael gambon admitted later on that he saw "no point" in reading the books, so during the whole course of playing the role of dumbledore, he never read any of them.

This explains alot about how he plays Dumbledore..no matter what the script says, if he had read the books, he would know Dumbledore's personality better and would have done a much better job..He was way too aggressive for my taste in alot of the scenes...
  • LJSpady
    Options
    HP Post of the Day:

DID YOU KNOW ?
    michael gambon admitted later on that he saw "no point" in reading the books, so during the whole course of playing the role of dumbledore, he never read any of them.

This explains alot about how he plays Dumbledore..no matter what the script says, if he had read the books, he would know Dumbledore's personality better and would have done a much better job..He was way too aggressive for my taste in alot of the scenes...

I totally agree. In the the 4th movie, after it's reveled that Harry is a triwizard champion he GRABS him and starts shouting at him, SOOOOOOO UN-Dumbledore like.
  • psb13
    Options
    HP Post of the Day:

DID YOU KNOW ?

I totally agree. In the the 4th movie, after it's reveled that Harry is a triwizard champion he GRABS him and starts shouting at him, SOOOOOOO UN-Dumbledore like.

i totally agree with you LJ. i still really love the movies, but no one could ever replace the beloved richard harris. big shoes for gambon to fill. anyway, just checking in. got my 4 colors in again yesterday-5 for 5 so far. 2 strength training days in so far also!!
    go Ravenclaw!!
  • SaLandrum
    SaLandrum Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Week 1 7 points for daily Water intake (zero for extra water)

Week 2 - 3 points for new recipes (thanks to my hunny) 3 points for walking (2 hrs each on 3 days)

Week 3 - Still working on this one ...... I will post house points on Sunday evening (end of week)
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    haha all right if its different colored veggies I dont got this in the bag. But I got my weight training in yesterday. Yoga and abs today. Im feeling really good about weigh in. Go ravenclaw.
  • psb13
    Options
    oh my gosh...planned to spend a quiet evening eating spaghetti squash pizza and kitting-just found a HP marathon on tv!!!
    happy face!!

:love: