What is the best diet advice you have ever gotten?

Options

Replies

• bripowell11
    bripowell11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have found that if you calculate between canaries eaten to excisize ratios
    You actually end up with excess calories
    That you can still enjoy good food but stil lose weight
    Ie you start with3000 cal your meals
    Contain 2400 Cala throughout the day
    You have gym session and burn of
    1100 caps you end up wth with 1700 Cala as long as you balance you vital
    Intake ie fat protean and carbs
    You still have over 1/2 your original amount of calls your body is tricked into thinking that you are still eating well
    So you don't yo yo .
    This works I have lost 9 kg in three weeks
    And I still eat well .
    Hope this helps
  • freeoscar
    freeoscar Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You lose weight through changing your diet, you improve your fitness through exercise.

In the past I had always thought that I needed to embark on a massive life change of adopting a rigorous exercise routine, eating 'better' foods, and eating less of them to make a meaningful change. And it was so overwhelming and restrictive that I never made it longer than a few months before I gave up.
    This time I just found the right number of calories for me to lose weight at a decent rate, and started eating to that amount. Then I realized that I felt better if I favored certain types of foods with those calories (you know, the 'better ones'). Then after a few months of steady and significant weight loss, and a healthy mix of macros, I decided that I wanted to become more active. But I don't feel pressure to be active, or guilty if I'm not. I know how to adjust my eating if I become less active and not gain weight. I've stuck to this for over 1/2 a year so far.
  • KBmoments
    KBmoments Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    freeoscar wrote: »
    You lose weight through changing your diet, you improve your fitness through exercise.

In the past I had always thought that I needed to embark on a massive life change of adopting a rigorous exercise routine, eating 'better' foods, and eating less of them to make a meaningful change. And it was so overwhelming and restrictive that I never made it longer than a few months before I gave up.
    This time I just found the right number of calories for me to lose weight at a decent rate, and started eating to that amount. Then I realized that I felt better if I favored certain types of foods with those calories (you know, the 'better ones'). Then after a few months of steady and significant weight loss, and a healthy mix of macros, I decided that I wanted to become more active. But I don't feel pressure to be active, or guilty if I'm not. I know how to adjust my eating if I become less active and not gain weight. I've stuck to this for over 1/2 a year so far.

This is me totally!
  • sammc1982
    sammc1982 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    snoringcat wrote: »
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »
    eat less move more

Yup - this ^^^
    Another one for Eat less move more :)
  • melnorwich
    melnorwich Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Willpower just means that you want something enough to find the power to do it. If you don't have willpower, its because something is not important enough to you to make changes. So, either find the strength to make changes or stop thinking about something that you are not ready in your life to sort out.
  • low_carb_debbie
    low_carb_debbie Posts: 14 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The best tips I ever got were from a youtube video by Dr Westman about the 'no sugar, no starch' lifestyle. It changed my life - literally! Oh and Leslie Sansone DVDs. Finally found a form of exercise I love. 63 Ibs loss to date.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Someone told me I should check out some app called My Fitness Pal. :D
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Stop dieting and join My Fitness Pal
  • LosingitinLondon
    LosingitinLondon Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    melnorwich wrote: »
    Willpower just means that you want something enough to find the power to do it. If you don't have willpower, its because something is not important enough to you to make changes. So, either find the strength to make changes or stop thinking about something that you are not ready in your life to sort out.

This is so true.
    The best advice I got was from a friend who lost a lot of weight and I just remember, he talked to me about changing the way I eat etc but finished with, 'but you have to want it'
    And I realised I hadn't. But now I did. That was 23kg ago :-)
  • jhaypizzle
    jhaypizzle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Use do/don't instead of should/shouldn't in regards to eating and fitness. Instead of saying:

"I shouldn't eat that " or "I should eat more vegetables/run more/not eat that fifth falafel",

go with

"I don't eat two foot-long sandwiches in one sitting anymore" or "I do eat more cleanly/exercise more/bench press the equivalent of 15 dachshunds."

Definitely helped change my mental state and attitude towards food as well as exercising more, as it removes the ambiguity around choices, and adds more conviction to your food/exercise decisions.
  • LiveLoveRunFar
    LiveLoveRunFar Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Burn more calories than you eat. Track your burns and your food intake. Doesn't matter what you eat...CICO.
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Follow a thin person around for a day.
  • solivera87
    solivera87 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    "If it came from a plant EAT IT, if it was made in a plant, DON'T"...I was vegan for a year and i felt great!!! Planning on going back to it soon...
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Not to diet, to make a lifestyle change.
  • tealover09
    tealover09 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    To stop eating the moment you can. If i'm eating a sandwich and even for a second I think "I don't need this" then I just wrap it up and put it away or even throw it away. People get angry about this idea and think that wasting food is bad, but its just as much wasting if you don't need the calories.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Stop dieting and join My Fitness Pal

<3
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    To stay out of the forums on MFP.
  • rachsoderberg
    rachsoderberg Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    "Stop dieting because diets are temporary. Make lifestyle changes you are able to stick with forever."
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Check the serving serving size!!!!
    Weigh everything.

I mean cereal serving sizes?! You do not want to know how many actual servings I ate as a 113kg teen thinking it was a normal size bowl and wondered why I was fat!

• lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Lift.