Beans...who eats them?

Options

Replies

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian. I love them. I tend to eat lentils the most since they're so quick cooking.
  • mk732
    mk732 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love beans of all types.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    patceoh wrote: »
    I like garbanzo too,but not my husband.
    Yup, he casts a jaded eye my way when he sees the chickpeas soaking. He declares any stew with chickpeas to be inedible.

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Yes. Beans are cheap. I have them often.
  • dnlnrjl
    dnlnrjl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love beans I use them instead of meat
  • Helitorian
    Helitorian Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've eaten them twice today and am currently gassing my best friend with bean/protein farts :p
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I do when they look like this:
    Desert-Pepper-Pinto-Bean-Dip-.png
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I only eat lentil and green beans.
  • ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    make a multi bean chili supper dish and I think you'll really enjoy that also add in some mixed vegetables in the flavors that really are keen to your palette for me personally I love chick peas kidney beans and edamame beans are a few excellent sources of protein and healthy fats

Chic Peas are my addiction right now

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    patceoh wrote: »
    I like garbanzo too,but not my husband.
    Yup, he casts a jaded eye my way when he sees the chickpeas soaking. He declares any stew with chickpeas to be inedible.

Sounds like my daughter. Hates the chickpeas.
    I eat beans or lentils daily.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    i eat beans most days. if we count soybeans/soy foods, then everyday.
  • eboniivoried
    eboniivoried Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love beans: red, black, garbonzo, and navy are staples in my home.
  • ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I soak and cook my own beans and freeze them in bags of 2 cups. I spent today doing up small red chili beans, navy beans and black beans and every one of them is between 35-40 calories per ounce after cooking. I do love them and I will consider the calories healthy ones, but will have to increase exercise and be careful of what else I eat on days when I eat more than a couple ounces of beans.
  • hstull82
    hstull82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Yes, love !! Make your own black beans in the crockpot, & you will never go back to canned beans again!! Mash these into refried beans or not & leave them whole:

http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/70312/refried-beans-without-the-refry/

My favorite chili recipe...use 2 cups of beans from the recipe above to make this chili:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/30-minute-turkey-chili-recipe.html
    I put this is the crockpot on low for 8 hours so the flavors simmer together!

Juevos rancheros is awesome too! 1/2 C beans with 2 fried eggs, cheese, pineapple salsa, sour cream, & tipatio. I put it over polenta sometimes too. Amazing!!
  • ahmedalmsry2015
    ahmedalmsry2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes in breakfast
  • SkinnyWannabeGal
    SkinnyWannabeGal Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I so love beans. Most of my family and friends don't like them, but I think they're great... and delicious! I know a bunch of people who eat beanless chili because they think beans are nasty, but to me it ain't chili if it ain't got beans in it! Mmmm... red beans n' rice, 2 bean chili, bean and cheese burrito, pintos n' cheese, bean salad, portuguese bean soup, etc etc etc. Now I want some bean dip. Gotta love them beans!
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I love beans and usually prefer them over meat.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I know a bunch of people who eat beanless chili because they think beans are nasty, but to me it ain't chili if it ain't got beans in it!

I actually prefer meatless chili. All beans, baby!

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    We eat alot of beans here in Italy. People say that they were poor people food for those that could only afford meat once a week before WWII. Many chefs now are promoting them as cheap, healthy and tasty. It all depends on how they are prepared--my family, all men, love them. B)