I lost 44 pounds. I am 5'9. photos included. :)

Options

Replies

• happysuccess
    happysuccess Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am also 5"9 and really appreciate the inspiration! Well done!! Also, I agree with the above comments on your beauty :) I think the green colour in the "before" pics really suits you!
  • enchanted_daydream
    enchanted_daydream Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Definitely inspiring to me as I'm also 5'9" and want to get down to where you are! You look awesome.
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Rockin2014
    Rockin2014 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wow. You're beautiful (before and after)!
  • helenbenzie75
    helenbenzie75 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Well done! you look amazing, bet you fell fab :smile: :smile:
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the support everyone *blushes*
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    congrats well done

29509743.png
  • Linda73c
    Linda73c Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Jazmin220, Congrats! You are my hero! I started April 1 and I cant wait to get down to 173. I started at 208. I have some questions for you. Do you feel that strength training helped? I currently doing strength training twice a week. Do you think thats enough? Also, what calorie limit were you doing?
  • Altagracia220
    Options
    Linda73c wrote: »
    Jazmin220, Congrats! You are my hero! I started April 1 and I cant wait to get down to 173. I started at 208. I have some questions for you. Do you feel that strength training helped? I currently doing strength training twice a week. Do you think thats enough? Also, what calorie limit were you doing?

Thanks for the compliments :)

Strength training definitely helps especially if you are trying to maintain muscle and just burn more fat. The more muscle you have the more calories you burn even after the workout is done. You should also eat a lot of protein to help maintain the muscle you have. You probably won't gain too much muscle if you have a big deficit daily.Usually people try for 3-4 times a week (strength training). When I first started at 218 pounds, last January, I ate 1200 calories everyday for about 2 months (and i didn't eat my exercise calories back) then I started to feel sluggish so I brought it up to 1350 calories a day along with eating 200-300 exercise calories back. Currently, I am doing 1500 calories a day occasionally eating back exercise calories depending on my hunger levels. Once I lose 5 more pounds ( my goal weight) I will eat 1800 calories a day (not eating exercise calories) and see how I feel and what kind of progress I make after that.
  • Linda73c
    Linda73c Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information Jaz
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Great work!!
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!!! Great job.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Wow you look good lass :-)
  • Altagracia220
    Options
    MrsMizart wrote: »
    Wow you look good lass :-)
    You look wonderful!!! Great job.

*takes a bow*
  • magairlin
    magairlin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You are very beautiful and it's good to be healthy too.
  • Altagracia220
    Options
    magairlin wrote: »
    Congratulations. You are very beautiful and it's good to be healthy too.
    leakduh21 wrote: »
    Such a beautiful woman, before and after. Congratulations on making it to a healthier weight for you, you must feel amazing! Cheers.

Thanks, all!!!!
  • erikacole
    erikacole Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    at what caloric intake did you start? I have similar stats....
  • Altagracia220
    Options
    erikacole wrote: »
    at what caloric intake did you start? I have similar stats....

For the first 2 months I ate 1200 calories a day, not eating back exercise calories back. I started to feel sluggish after that so I upped it to 1350 a day and eating some of my exercise calories back. A month later I upped it to 1500 and not eating my exercise calories back. Currently I'm doing 1350 calories a day and not eating my exercise calories because I over ate over this last weekend. Once this week is over I will bring it back up to 1500 a day.
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    se55wt6hptos.jpg

lol j/k you look great.
  • Altagracia220
    Options
    se55wt6hptos.jpg

lol j/k you look great.

^___^ lol

thank you for the compliment. <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!