cant seem to lose any more weight!! what should i do?!?!

Options
I have been on my diet for 55 days and was losing a pound plus every week. I started at 166.6 and I'm now at 146.5, which is great. I'm on a 1400 cal a day plan (I moved down from 1450 about two weeks ago) and walk everywhere.. I do other excerises and the foods I eat arent junk food except I drink pop. I'm getting kind of bummed, I only need to lose 10 more pounds and was hoping to b at my goal weight by my 27th bday at the end of may. Anyone else having this problem or know what I should do to fix it?? Any tips would b much appreciated :)

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You may need to readjust your calories - as you drop weight your caloric needs change, and your body also adapts to your deficit.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    How long haven't you lost weight for?
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    When is the last time you noticed a loss? If you're on target now for a 10lb loss, what are you set to lose on MFP (.5/lb, 1lb)? And congratulations on your loss so far! :smiley:
  • Vcorz
    Vcorz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? 146 sounds like a healthy weight for a lot of people, maybe your body is telling you something....
  • mr21mr21
    mr21mr21 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Cut out the daily Mountain Dew...or at least switch to diet
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I've been dieting and exercising for that amount of time and haven't lost a pound or an inch. Things take time. Weight loss isn't a linear process.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    mr21mr21 wrote: »

No need to do that if she's in her calories (for weight loss at least, anyway).
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Eating more won't help lose weight faster unless it somehow fuels you enough to burn even more than the additional calories you ate.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    The closer you get to goal weight, the slower the process. Re adjust to losing .5 pounds a week.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

A huge proportion of her calories are coming from mountain dew - purely from a nutrition perspective (not weight loss) fixing that would only be a good thing.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Keep tightly and honestly logging of weighed food. Cut out the soda unless you can fit it into your calories. At small deficits a miscalculated meal could wipe out your deficit for the day or at worst case your week.
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    This has happened to me, too. I reached a healthy weight and the scale is inching down. But I noticed my HRM chest strap was loose and had to make it an inch smaller. So changes are happening, just very slowly.
  • numbnumbnumb
    numbnumbnumb Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I would be careful about eating back exercise calories - I find MFP overestimates calories burned.
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Losing 10 pounds in less than a month especially when you have already lost 20 is probably not a reasonable goal. I am not saying this to discourage you but to encourage you to see this as a permanent change in eating habits that may take a while longer than you anticipated. It is okay if it takes a little longer. Please consider cutting down on the pop if it is a regular habit. Get extra fibre and protein if you can--I find these are helpful for staying satisfied and avoiding overeating. Use a food scale if you have one. Double check your entries for accuracy and get some higher intensity exercise in. Your body is probably accustomed to the walking.

Slow and steady wins the race. A plateau is 6 or more weeks without a loss. This is just a bump in the road--you will get there. Congrats on your success so far :)
  • ljones27uk
    ljones27uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    keep the faith.. you are in deficit.. youll get a 'whoosh' at some point, although weight loss does slow down.. cutting the mountain dew out might speed things up, but we've all got things in our diets that we dont want to cut out.. and besides you dont want to cut too far and make yourself ill... good work on the loss so far, hang in there.
  • ReikiLove
    ReikiLove Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are in a rut and need to mix things up. Are you doing cardio and weight training, because they torch calories when you combine them in your workout. (Also remember that muscle weighs more than fat, so you're probably doing pretty good.) I would suggest altering your exercise program and adjusting your calories. I eat 1250 calories a day, more when I exercise, but I take it easy when it comes to food. I can't always eat as much as the program calls for, so I don't fret about it. I usually try to eat under the calories I burn through exercise, sometimes eating a little over, but nowhere near the amount allotted for the day.
  • mr21mr21
    mr21mr21 Posts: 21 Member
    Options

OK then just switch to the fat-free "Mountain Dew diet"

• astralpictures
    astralpictures Posts: 218 Member
    Options

While I think many people can appreciate the concept of maintaining a sustainable food lifestyle by not over-restricting to the point of defeat, this concept is not relevant for the current discussion. Eating more will not suddenly make someone who isn't losing start losing weight (and I don't think that group makes that claim either). If someone has stalled, they either need to eat less, or move more, or preferably both.
  • LMS120yesIcan
    LMS120yesIcan Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    For a week, try swapping half the Mountain Dew for water - see if it helps - because you certainly aren't eating a lot.