making mistakes and feeling like blah!

Options

Replies

• 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Agreed. A burger isn't a bad choice, especially if it keeps you satisfied until the next meal.

I always seem to do better in the beginning. Then I get tired of it. I'm just re-committing myself for the 1000th time, and I know for me, it won't be better next week. We have to keep in mind - this has to be a long-term change, and it's how we're going to take care of ourselves, not torture ourselves, like having a salad when we really want a burger.
  • MamiGoals
    MamiGoals Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    DirrtyH wrote: »
    mamifatty wrote: »
    TeaBea wrote: »
    mamifatty wrote: »
    1) Evaluate why you're on 1200/day and whether or not that is right and/or realistic long term for you.

2) Plan ahead. Try pre-planning your meals and snacks so you know how many calories you have to work with. You can have your Whopper Jr, but there may be ways to cut back a little on the calories (like going for no mayo) and/or you may need smaller meals for the rest of the day.

Is because I want to lost at least 15lbs. So the calculation was 1200/day.
    I need this though, I was eating bad. I don't drink soda anymore... it has been almost 2 months of no soda.

I am taking small steps to get back into a healthy eating pattern

1200 NET is based on "I want to lose XX pounds per week." A high weekly weight loss goal is a low daily number. Net means calories before exercise. You earn calories thru exercise. Most people eat back just a portion of exercise calories (50-75%) because calorie burn estimates tend to be generous. You don't want to lose too quickly. Really large deficits make it hard for your body to support existing lean muscle. Moderate weight loss helps you lose a larger percentage of fat.

Whatever you do, make this something you can live with for awhile.

Yes... It consists of the amount of lbs I want to lose. I figure the first week will be tough. next week it'll be better...the fact that exercising gives me eating calories is a huge motivator! I didn't know it worked that way.
    I will look forward to exercise to be able to have a good balanced meal for dinner

What she means is, if you set your MFP to lose more than half a pound a week, then your goal is too aggressive. You only have 15 pounds to lose, you're better off losing it a little slower.

Your burger was totally fine. No worries!

Omg... I feel so dumb, what is MFP?
  • fritomaster
    fritomaster Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just work part of it off and try to balance unhealthy with better choices. I got stuck eating there I just got some grilled chicken. Skipped the pop and the fries. Still a better choice then I used too.
  • MamiGoals
    Options
    Agreed. A burger isn't a bad choice, especially if it keeps you satisfied until the next meal.

I always seem to do better in the beginning. Then I get tired of it. I'm just re-committing myself for the 1000th time, and I know for me, it won't be better next week. We have to keep in mind - this has to be a long-term change, and it's how we're going to take care of ourselves, not torture ourselves, like having a salad when we really want a burger.

Definitely don't like the torture feeling. But is a feeling that will go away.
    baby steps :)
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    All that ultimately matters is the long term pattern of behavior.
  • MamiGoals
    Options
    Thank you ALL for the support!!!!!! :)
  • quafferj
    quafferj Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    MFP is My Fitness Pal, aka this website / app ☺
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I've been planning my entire day (food wise) around going to burger king and ordering a whopper jr and an ice cream cone tonight. I'm going to get it without mayo, and I'll still have some calories left over in case I want popcorn or a beer later tonight.
    Nothing should be considered bad unless
    1. your not logging it because your ashamed
    2. it's a trigger food that will cause you to binge
    For me at least, other than those two reasons, nothing should be completely off limits.
  • MamiGoals
    Options
    quafferj wrote: »
    MFP is My Fitness Pal, aka this website / app ☺

Hahaha omg... I am a dork! thank u!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    OP, if you want to cut back on fast food for your health, that's great. But you can eat whatever you want within your calorie goal to lose weight. Try to get out of the habit of considering foods good or bad. It would be great if we could all eat home-cooked fresh whole foods all the time, but most of us have crazy lives and some shortcuts are inevitable. Try to find a nice balance where you are eating foods you like and hitting your calorie goal, rather than depriving yourself. Why struggle more than you have to?

And as someone else mentioned, if you picked a goal of 2 lbs per week, knock it back to at most 1 lb. Otherwise your goal is super aggressive for how little you have to lose. As a reference, I am a little older than you, 5'5" and set to lose 0.5 lbs per week and my goal is 1400 calories plus I eat back half of my exercise calories. And every once in a while I eat a bit more, and I don't feel guilty. Sometimes you just need a darn burger :). Good luck!
  • MamiGoals
    Options
    jaqcan wrote: »
    I've been planning my entire day (food wise) around going to burger king and ordering a whopper jr and an ice cream cone tonight. I'm going to get it without mayo, and I'll still have some calories left over in case I want popcorn or a beer later tonight.
    Nothing should be considered bad unless
    1. your not logging it because your ashamed
    2. it's a trigger food that will cause you to binge
    For me at least, other than those two reasons, nothing should be completely off limits.

Pop corn sounds good right now.
    Thank u... I will log every bite I take, like today.... I had ONE dorito Jacked chip... just to try the flavor
    kimny72 wrote: »
    OP, if you want to cut back on fast food for your health, that's great. But you can eat whatever you want within your calorie goal to lose weight. Try to get out of the habit of considering foods good or bad. It would be great if we could all eat home-cooked fresh whole foods all the time, but most of us have crazy lives and some shortcuts are inevitable. Try to find a nice balance where you are eating foods you like and hitting your calorie goal, rather than depriving yourself. Why struggle more than you have to?

And as someone else mentioned, if you picked a goal of 2 lbs per week, knock it back to at most 1 lb. Otherwise your goal is super aggressive for how little you have to lose. As a reference, I am a little older than you, 5'5" and set to lose 0.5 lbs per week and my goal is 1400 calories plus I eat back half of my exercise calories. And every once in a while I eat a bit more, and I don't feel guilty. Sometimes you just need a darn burger :). Good luck!

okay... makes sense... but I tried to reset my goal and I couldn't save it... I will work on that when I get home. I need food, my head hurts real bad and I feel sick from hunger.
    too aggressive to start.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    MamiGoals wrote: »
    So,I had a whopper jr and now I realized I should've opted for a salad. A friend said just because I had so many calories to consume doesn't mean I should eat bad foods.
    I didn't feel it was bad, as I am super hungry and my belly is growling.
    I'm on day two os 1200 calories Per day. I do exercise (run more than not).

Just that.... no more burgers for me!

i had a whopper jr just yesterday
    chick fil a today
    pizza yesterday and today
    arbys last week
    a gyro earlier this week (and tomorrow)

im not sure i see the mistake?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    oh ive also had chocolate pie just about every day this week. sadly, i ate the last piece tonight. :(
  • MamiGoals
    Options
    So,I had a whopper jr and now I realized I should've opted for a salad. A friend said just because I had so many calories to consume doesn't mean I should eat bad foods.
    I didn't feel it was bad, as I am super hungry and my belly is growling.
    I'm on day two os 1200 calories Per day. I do exercise (run more than not).

Just that.... no more burgers for me!

i had a whopper jr just yesterday
    chick fil a today
    pizza yesterday and today
    arbys last week
    a gyro earlier this week (and tomorrow)

im not sure i see the mistake?

Haha... omg... pizza sounds good too! Haven't had any in a couple weeks
  • magneticreikipaul
    magneticreikipaul Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Its just a burger, it gave you protein and carbs. Its not bad food as long as thats not all you eat.

The saturated fat and cholesterol is well within your daily allowance.
    http://www.calorieking.com/foods/calories-in-sandwiches-burgers-fire-grilled-whopper-jr-with-cheese_f-ZmlkPTU5OTU1.html

Learn a bit moe about a healthy balanced diet and nutrition, then you wont fret. You havent done anything wrong.

^^This... plus I would advise looking at the nutritional value of the salad choices... many are surprisingly high in calories. Salad isn't automatically the 'healthier' option.

salad from a fast food joint is like putting diesel in a petrol car don't do it!! it's loaded with calories!

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,913 Member
    Options
    Omg... I feel so dumb, what is MFP?

MyFitnessPal

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,913 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with a 1200 cal/day diet. Personally, I found 1200 just a bit restrictive, so I manually upped my calorie limit to 1250. And it's working really well.

Also, there's nothing wrong with eating a hamburger as long as you're still under your calorie limit. I eat a wide variety of foods ... but I remain under my calorie limit.

And finally, if you want to eat more than 1200 cal/day (when I want to eat more than 1250 cal/day) ... exercise! Get out for a brisk walk, bicycle ride, or whatever. Then you can eat about half those calories back. :)
  • MamiGoals
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with a 1200 cal/day diet. Personally, I found 1200 just a bit restrictive, so I manually upped my calorie limit to 1250. And it's working really well.

Also, there's nothing wrong with eating a hamburger as long as you're still under your calorie limit. I eat a wide variety of foods ... but I remain under my calorie limit.

And finally, if you want to eat more than 1200 cal/day (when I want to eat more than 1250 cal/day) ... exercise! Get out for a brisk walk, bicycle ride, or whatever. Then you can eat about half those calories back. :)

I just walked the dog and I'm about to go to the gym for some treadmill time.
    I've reached my 10k steps for today too! So I had a handful of Popcorn :smile:
  • NJbabe
    NJbabe Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with having a burger every now and then... as long as you manage to fit it in in your daily allowance of calories. ;)

Also, I wouldn't be caught dead eating that fast food crap. If I'm going to eat a burger, I'd get the best burger in town. :)
  • MamiGoals
    Options
    NJbabe wrote: »
    I don't see anything wrong with having a burger every now and then... as long as you manage to fit it in in your daily allowance of calories. ;)

Also, I wouldn't be caught dead eating that fast food crap. If I'm going to eat a burger, I'd get the best burger in town. :)

I was gonna go to In-N-Out but BK was closer.... laziness at its finest