making mistakes and feeling like blah!

Options
13»

Replies

• NJbabe
    NJbabe Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Next time have the good stuff and make it count. ;)
  • MamiGoals
    MamiGoals Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    NJbabe wrote: »
    Next time have the good stuff and make it count. ;)

Yup!!!!
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits in to your calories. .i go out to eat once a week. .usally buffalo wild wings but this week we went to perkins..and I second that if I'm eat 700 to 800 calories it won't be for a damn salad!
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    One of the women on my friends list just had a 12 oz porterhouse steak and beer last night, and she also just had to buy new, smaller pants yesterday. Her motto is, "if you want it, make it fit." The whopper jr. wasn't a bad choice, but I hope you didn't just scarf it down in the car- enjoy it, no guilt, and later have some fresh fruits & veggies.
  • MamiGoals
    MamiGoals Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    One of the women on my friends list just had a 12 oz porterhouse steak and beer last night, and she also just had to buy new, smaller pants yesterday. Her motto is, "if you want it, make it fit." The whopper jr. wasn't a bad choice, but I hope you didn't just scarf it down in the car- enjoy it, no guilt, and later have some fresh fruits & veggies.

Thanks... I ate it slow... didn't eat in the car, I took it back to my desk and read a book as I ate.
  • Vidarsbane
    Vidarsbane Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Don't be harsh on yourself, as others have said giving yourself a little treat every now and then isn't a bad thing! If you deprive yourself of everything you enjoy you will be miserable and will sooner rather than later give up. Me I say I allow myself one cheat meal a week as a general rule of thumb, it's kind of a tradition after my shift ends with the lads. This week I've had two and don't feel guilty at all.

Why? Cause every day this week I've come in well under my allowed calories, and both days I've counted it as my 3rd meal and while I've no idea of the calorific content of it I'm very confident that my built up deficit is enough to cover it in spades!

If eating healthily is an entirely new thing for you do what I do and experiment with what you buy, do your food shopping every 3 days, buy enough to cover that period and try healthy new things in different combinations and learn what you do and don't like.

I've confirmed I hate cabbage, absolutely love sweet potato which I'd never had before, and discovered a passion for kiwi fruit.