What are you losing weight for?

Options

Replies

• jjmorse1985
    jjmorse1985 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    elidabear wrote: »
    because someone has to be the eye candy around here, I don't see anyone else stepping up to do it, so I guess it is going to have to be me.

Lol this is my favorite. ..I feel the same way
  • jjmorse1985
    Options
    I want to be proud of myself not hide myself. Id like to see my bellybutton again. enough said

Lol go girl
  • jjmorse1985
    Options
    lauracups wrote: »
    It's exhausting having all this personality, I'd like to be able to skate by on my looks for a change; )
    Kidding! Sort a
    My main goal is pain management, overall health. .and 50 lost HAS made the difference, not on ANY pain meds now.

I have 40 lbs to lose and good luck!
  • jjmorse1985
    Options
    Chewitz wrote: »
    Because of having fatty liver disease

Yes we Don't want that!
  • jjmorse1985
    Options
    kaseyr1505 wrote: »
    Health, happiness and because I deserve to be active.

Yes
  • boobeey
    boobeey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm losing weight to be healthy also I'm tired of being the fat girl in the picture at family events. I came from 221 to 206 I was eating on the paleo now I walk/run 4 miles atleast 3 times a week and watch what I eat
  • shapenerfiterratii
    shapenerfiterratii Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight because I deserve to be healthy. I want to lose weight so that I won't be scared of meeting people I haven't seen in a while. I want to lose weight because I LOVE shopping, and I've been saving up all my money and not buying anything because I hate myself when I go to buy something. I want to lose weight so that I can prove to myself that food doesn't control me and that I'm capable of success.
  • MzDoubleTrouble
    MzDoubleTrouble Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight to feel better about myself. I'm a twin and while I want to be known for me. I no longer want to be known as the "big" twin.
  • Msbennett709
    Msbennett709 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I want to be happy! I'm a fun loving caring individual. You know the saying happy wife happy life... Well my husband just wants me to be happy again. My weight has gotten me down for long enough. Instead of laying around eating and napping I am going out and enjoying my time with my family. My husband and three kids notice the changes. I recently lost my father unexpextidly to lung cancer and It hit me hard. I lost a part of me. I shut down my happiness. I was getting depressed and scared. I don't take medicine for anything normally and it scared me. Exercising is my medicine. It takes away feeling of anxiety and depression. I am losing weight for myself and my family. I want to feel good and look good. I deserve to be happy. We all do. And my husband and children deserve to be happy living with me. When you are unhappy with yourself you might not realize it but it does spill over onto everyone else.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    jjmorse wrote:
    I was 219 pounds 2 weeks and 3 days ago now I am 201
    9 lb a week is not a healthy rate of weight loss, unless you're morbidly obese.
    Your ticker says you wanted to lose 40 lb. A healthy rate of loss would be about 1 lb per week.
    That will slow soon, so 0.5 lb is a victory.

I speed walk 4 times a week and cleanse 2 times a week
    So a little bit of cardio and lots of laxatives... not exactly healthy.
    BTW, once you stop using the laxatives and your bowel tries to function normally again, with food having its normal
    transit time, you'll regain the weight you lost from diarrhea.

thorsmom01 wrote:
    I can't get past the cleanse thing. Can you explain why you cleanse and what you are cleansing?
    jjmorse wrote:
    I did this because I wasn't going to the rest room regularly and my body was trapping all the
    fast food and toxins inside, one I did the first cleanse I felt great.
    Looks like the answer is "no, I can't explain what I'm 'cleansing' or why it's needed".

Sounds like the fast food diet made her constipated (not enough fiber, probably not drinking enough water).
    Once in a while, for short-term, using a laxative would be OK. But to make a habit of it in order to lose weight or
    satisfy some odd idea of how your bowels should work is a bad idea. Could lead to more damage, making your
    bowels work even worse.

And no, unless your bowel stuck itself shut (you'd know, 'cause it's extremely painful & requires emergency surgery),
    your body is not 'trapping toxins'. Your bowel, lungs, liver, skin, and kidneys remove toxins (real toxins). There's
    not much you can do to affect their function. If they're not working, you'd be in ICU.

Read these:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse/p1
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/detox-diets/faq-20058040
    http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-detox-scam-how-to-spot-it-and-how-to-avoid-it/
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    As for why I've lost / am losing / will lose weight...
    To be healthier.
    To feel better.
    To look better.
    To feel better about how I look.
    To be able to move better, do things I want to do easily.
    To be able to buy less fabric when I want to make clothes! :smiley:

51637601.png
  • jjmorse1985
    Options
    Of course I'm a nurse so I know you don't use laxatives all the time I only done it for those 2 times for those 2 weeks. Nice attitude pitter much. You worry about yourself and I'll do the same God bless!
  • teahlee123
    teahlee123 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am just tired of always being known as the chubby girl, I want to feel comfortable in my own skin for the first time in a long time.
  • jjmorse1985
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    As for why I've lost / am losing / will lose weight...
    To be healthier.
    To feel better.
    To look better.
    To feel better about how I look.
    To be able to move better, do things I want to do easily.
    To be able to buy less fabric when I want to make clothes! :smiley:

51637601.png

What I was saying which you read I to it wrong, is that I ate a lot of fast food because of my job and I wasn't going to the rest room like I was supposed to so I did a cleansing tea and cut the fast food out and when I did that that's how much weight I lost. But I'm glad you have great goals as well and good luck.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    For what's left of my knee cartilage and vanity.
  • CelenaWilcoxson
    CelenaWilcoxson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Moving to florida and I see my bad eating habits being brought into my children's lives I am afraid for their future :-/ I am very self conscious about myself and want to feel comfortable in my own skin again
  • jjmorse1985
    Options
    Moving to florida and I see my bad eating habits being brought into my children's lives I am afraid for their future :-/ I am very self conscious about myself and want to feel comfortable in my own skin again

Great I'm excited for you. .let's lose together!
  • jjmorse1985
    Options
    GiGiBeans wrote: »
    For what's left of my knee cartilage and vanity.

I hope all works out for you ok
  • jjmorse1985
    Options
    teahlee123 wrote: »
    I am just tired of always being known as the chubby girl, I want to feel comfortable in my own skin for the first time in a long time.

I was like that in high school so I understand but you are doing great and before you know it bam you're hot!
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    kramrn77 wrote: »
    Because I have a three year old daughter that I want to be there for her wedding and to hold her children. Because my mother and her mother have Alzheimer's and I would do anything to help reduce the risk of putting my daughter and family through the pain of that disease. Because diabetes runs strongly through my family and that's not what I want for my future. And yes, it would be nice to be hot when I turn 40 in two years.

Aww I'm sorry and may God bless you and your family!

Thanks. It's a pisser of a disease. But I think we are all making peace with it and Mom is at the stage that she doesn't know any thing is wrong. Which is good for her.