Difficult to maintain 1500/day (I get Hungry.)

Options
2»

Replies

• TheClintHennesy
    TheClintHennesy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    minties82 wrote: »
    You are already quite small surely? I guess you to have a BMI in the upper healthy range? And you would like to lose how much? You will end up being quite tiny. Why are you scared of muscle?

You have the same goal weight as me if you are wanting to reach 52kg and I am 149cm tall and female.
    My current BMI is just above 125 (according to the calculator (which is "overweight", apparently.)

And um, although weight loss is ultimately the "goal", the problem I'm having right now is on my diet and how I feel 1.5k a day isn't making me full.

Thanks again to everyone who've replied. :)))
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Skip breakfast and eat a big dinner. Choose low calorie density foods to keep you full. Eat high calorie density snacks/desserts occasionally/sparingly so you're not restricting yourself of the things you like.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    minties82 wrote: »
    You are already quite small surely? I guess you to have a BMI in the upper healthy range? And you would like to lose how much? You will end up being quite tiny. Why are you scared of muscle?

You have the same goal weight as me if you are wanting to reach 52kg and I am 149cm tall and female.

You can't just say 143 is "quite small" especially at 5'3". It would all depend on muscle mass that can make a difference.

I don't know about 143lbs at 5'3" as I work in metric. In metric it did seem small (the goal weight). Small regardless of body composition. And yeah, I can just say it. I did.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, eat food.
  • sunnydays851
    sunnydays851 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I eat a greek yogurt nearly every morning, and I find it filling and pretty tasty. Try to eat things with more protein and healthy fat. It will keep you feeling fuller longer. Fiber is good too. Maybe eat more eggs? Two pretty much fills me up for a couple hours, depending if I have something on the sides, too. Veggies you can eat a lot of with very low calories. Fruit will satisfy sugar cravings, and some of those sparkling waters could substitute soda... mostly if the time it has the same fizz I like. Eat 50-75% of exercise calories back, so you won't starve. If you want ice cream, you can buy publix brand sherbet. If you get the no sugar added one it is only 70 cals per serving. It is pretty good and curbs my ice cream cravings.
  • sunnydays851
    sunnydays851 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    *most of the time
  • Ame_ly
    Ame_ly Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think it would help you if you'd plan your meals better. You should try and have something from breakfast even if it's not much and keep lunch and dinner moderate and around the same time every day.

Also and more importantly: eat a lot of low cal stuff with lots of fiber(helps you keep fuller for longer). Veggies like broccoli or radishes are great choices. Try and have smaller portion size at your main meals and add a salad with starchy veggies next to them :smile:.

I usually eat greek yoghurt or low fat cottage cheese right before bed, low in cal and tasty. I can't sleep well on an empty stomach. Hope this helps!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Ame_ly wrote: »
    I think it would help you if you'd plan your meals better. You should try and have something from breakfast even if it's not much and keep lunch and dinner moderate and around the same time every day.

Also and more importantly: eat a lot of low cal stuff with lots of fiber(helps you keep fuller for longer). Veggies like broccoli or radishes are great choices. Try and have smaller portion size at your main meals and add a salad with starchy veggies next to them :smile:.

I usually eat greek yoghurt or low fat cottage cheese right before bed, low in cal and tasty. I can't sleep well on an empty stomach. Hope this helps!

1. Meal timing makes no difference. Neither does eating or not eating breakfast

2. He needs to eat more not worry about eating fewer calories
  • SkinnyWannabeGal
    SkinnyWannabeGal Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I find it challenging to survive on 1200 calories per day (my daily total).

What helps me go to bed without feeling hungry are:

1) drink only or mostly water and save my calories for food
    2) Eat lean proteins like chicken breast or baked salmon with a TON of veggies like broccoli, green beans or a salad without dressing for dinner. Adding brown rice to that helps too, if you'd like
    3) lay off the sauces or condiments and save your calories for food
    4) eating nutrient rich healthy foods vs greasy fast foods or high calorie processed foods so that your body has less food cravings because it's getting enough nutrients
    5) eat desserts and sugary treats very sparingly so that you'll have more calories to eat at meals
    6) make dinner your largest meal of the day
    7) If I eat 1200 calories (my max for a day) and I still feel like I seriously need to eat something before bed or I'll suffer and can't sleep, I'll just eat around 100 calories of something like bananas, bread and butter, oatmeal, crackers and cheddar cheese, almonds and half a string cheese, muesli, some chicken breast, beans and rice, a boiled egg, plain baked sweet potato or some plain tuna.
    8) I try to eat back half of the calories I burned during exercise (for example, if I burn off 200 calories while running today, I'll eat an extra 100 calories, so 1300 calories total for the day).
    9) staying hydrated helps me. Sipping water a lot throughout the day works for me. I like to drink 6-8 (8oz) cups of water a day
    10) patience. It took my body some time to adjust to eating less calories, but you do start to get a bit more used to it eventually

I hope that some of what helps me may also help you.

Good luck and welcome to MFP! :smile: