What are you losing weight for?

Options

Replies

• jmerthen82
    jmerthen82 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    jmerthen82 wrote: »
    I'm 33 years old, diabetes and heart disease runs in my family....I would like to try to avoid both if possible!!! Plus I have always Wanted my body to reflect my "inside"; I feel like my weight holds me back from being the real me...if that makes any sense. I want to feel better about looking myself in the mirror. I want to go on vacation and feel great no matter what I wear!!! I'm so tired of looking at clothes even my grandmother wouldn't wear!!!

I understand I felt bad when my mom said is that a 3x your wearing. When are you going on vacation? Have you started your journey yet ?

I started 5 days ago and doing well, I haven't weighed myself yet. I'm going June 12.
  • jjmorse1985
    jjmorse1985 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 years old, diabetes and heart disease runs in my family....I would like to try to avoid both if possible!!! Plus I have always Wanted my body to reflect my "inside"; I feel like my weight holds me back from being the real me...if that makes any sense. I want to feel better about looking myself in the mirror. I want to go on vacation and feel great no matter what I wear!!! I'm so tired of looking at clothes even my grandmother wouldn't wear!!!

I understand I felt bad when my mom said is that a 3x your wearing. When are you going on vacation? Have you started your journey yet ?

I started 5 days ago and doing well, I haven't weighed myself yet. I'm going June 12.

Good I bet you have dropped at least 5 pounds or more. I'm proud of you. Before I started my diet in the grocery store and this lady said oh when is your baby due, I felt embarrassed and I knew it was time for a change. Please update me on your weight loss. Add me as a friend!
  • jmerthen82
    jmerthen82 Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Good I bet you have dropped at least 5 pounds or more. I'm proud of you. Before I started my diet in the grocery store and this lady said oh when is your baby due, I felt embarrassed and I knew it was time for a change. Please update me on your weight loss. Add me as a friend!

I hope I did!!! That would be awesome
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Honestly I'm vain lol..no I want to feel beautiful
  • saleetad
    saleetad Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight because I want to be healthier and fit...I'll be 26 in August, and I want to bring that in looking and feeling awesome!
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    ninjagatan wrote: »
    Cause my wife left me, so I want to look good and be as healthy and happy as possible as I move on. So I guess...revenge? Lol

Maybe if she sees you when you are healthy and happy, she might want you back. Us women love a good hero ;)
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight so that I can feel better about myself, look better and be healthier. I want to show my three boys that mummy can run after then and catch them. I want to be a role model for my little girl and be a good example for her. I want my husband to have the wife he married 14 years ago. I wasn't fat until I had his children and now he is helping me shed the weight I gained. I want to help people in their journey by showing them it can be done. I weighed 95kg in January this year. Day one of my diet/lifestyle change weighed 91kg, that was 4 weeks ago. Now I weigh in at 81.9kg. Still have a way to go but I can do it. My husband said if I reach my target weight of 65kg that he will bring me to America. Never been so that is a good motivation as well.
  • danielles19862015
    danielles19862015 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Since I started a desk job, fitness and health have kind of gone out of the window. I am not overweight but I do not feel good about myself. I remember when I came back to England two years ago, I hit the gym hard, got a PT and got into really good shape. I miss that feeling and want it back!
  • wannaloseit77
    wannaloseit77 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I want to be healthy and happy, shop in 'normal' shops, turn heads, teach my daughter how to do a cartwheel (and maybe re-learn that one myself!), feel good about myself, not shy away from having my picture taken, live life... You know, the standard stuff!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I start losing fat this week for my next bodybuilding comp.... Just waiting on my diet from my new coach! I have been doing IIFYM for ages, and prepped that way last time, but with full time work (more than full time really), and study I simply don't have time to think about food that strictly as well. I'll be losing about 8kg in the next 18 weeks
  • delcadelca
    delcadelca Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    To be fit, have more energy maintan a healthy weight and look good in my size 4..
  • PrettyGurl2008
    PrettyGurl2008 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Before I had children I was athletic and was happy with my size. (150lbs size 12) Combined with my children and birth control I blew up to 300. It has been a struggle but within the last 7 years I have lost a total of 60 lbs on and off. This go round I am determined to achieve my goal. I have a beautiful daughter who motivates me. My youngest loves to run like I use to and I'd love to be able to chase him around. My middle child is my beach buddy. (Mommy when are we going back to the beach? LOL)
  • fatwieshaatea
    fatwieshaatea Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    inspired by kpop idols :blush:
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Because I was once fit-dad until I started buying my own BS excuses and gained 100 pounds over 9 years to become fat-dad. My kids are teenagers and don't remember fit-dad all that clearly, but I'm determined to return to my old, always active, self. For me, for my wife, and for my kids.

A few things combined to form my "aha" moment last year and I simply started on my own to work on it and never once seriously doubted I would succeed. Did I have frustrating moments, of course. Backslide? No, not so much. Did I wish it could be done faster? You bet! But it took me 9 years to put on the weight, so roughly one year to drop it seemed like a bargain to me in comparison.

I'm now more than half way to my goal since starting in September 2014... and am already much, much, fitter and I feel tremendous. I should hit my goal weight on my birthday this fall, which means I'll live up to the promise I made myself on my last birthday.

After years of half-hearted new years resolutions I never followed through on I cannot tell you how happy I feel inside to be following through on this promise to myself.
  • jjmorse1985
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »
    Because I was once fit-dad until I started buying my own BS excuses and gained 100 pounds over 9 years to become fat-dad. My kids are teenagers and don't remember fit-dad all that clearly, but I'm determined to return to my old, always active, self. For me, for my wife, and for my kids.

A few things combined to form my "aha" moment last year and I simply started on my own to work on it and never once seriously doubted I would succeed. Did I have frustrating moments, of course. Backslide? No, not so much. Did I wish it could be done faster? You bet! But it took me 9 years to put on the weight, so roughly one year to drop it seemed like a bargain to me in comparison.

I'm now more than half way to my goal since starting in September 2014... and am already much, much, fitter and I feel tremendous. I should hit my goal weight on my birthday this fall, which means I'll live up to the promise I made myself on my last birthday.

After years of half-hearted new years resolutions I never followed through on I cannot tell you how happy I feel inside to be following through on this promise to myself.

Look at you from fat dad to fit dad, doesn't that make you feel great. Now tell your kids to keep up with you now lol
  • jjmorse1985
    Options
    inspired by kpop idols :blush:

Good
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Look at you from fat dad to fit dad, doesn't that make you feel great. Now tell your kids to keep up with you now lol

It sure does, although I'm not done yet, and they are pretty darn fit kids. It's all good. :smile:
  • jjmorse1985
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »

It sure does, although I'm not done yet, and they are pretty darn fit kids. It's all good. :smile:

Well I have little ones but once I play with them I'm tired. One of the things that made me lose is my children like to lay in my lap and watch TV well they are always poking my stomach. GROSS but good luck.
  • iamsmara
    iamsmara Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm R, 35 years old female in India. I was 78 kilos in Nov 2014, last month I was 72 kilos, this month I am back to 74.

I'm losing weight because I am tired of hating that person in the mirror every day... and tired of hiding from photo sessions and social occasions... and tired of wondering if bad things happen to me because i am fat...

I am using the MFP plan, with sedentary level, i.e., 1300 calories a day. I eat back the exercise calories (45 min cross training at the gym - roughly 200 calories). Allowing for counting errors, I guess I am on a 1600 calorie a day plan. I also drink 3L of water a day and replaced white rice with millets.

R
  • AndiDurall
    AndiDurall Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I really just want to be normal. I've never felt normal (whatever that is). When I was small, around 3 or so, my mom decided that I was too chubby and has told me my whole life that I was too big. She pointed out fat people to me when we were out and said things like "See her face.....people may look at her face and think she is pretty but once they notice how fat she is, she's not pretty anymore." Looking back at pictures of myself, I wasn't big at all. It was all in my moms head. But I'm definitely fat now. My husband is also bigger but not as big as me but he is 10 years older than I am and has borderline high blood pressure and sleep apnea. We are taking a trip to Disney next Spring and we both agreed that we didn't want to be big for that. It will most likely be the only time that we can take our 4 kids there so it is a once in a lifetime thing. We are supporting each other and I have lost almost 20 since I started and he has lost 17. I know we can do it.