Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• ChristinePearlFNP
    ChristinePearlFNP Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Just for today...I'm gonna try to forgive myself for eating the crap pizza and Doritos for dinner! I tend to have a "I already screwed up" attitude. I don't want to do that....and I already got my T25 in, so now I'm only -68 calories...thank heaven for the 397 I burned.
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »
    1. Stick to cals-- :) Fine coz I exercised alot. :)
    2. 3+ pints water/tea--Yes
    3. Exercise 30+ min-- :) Got this in already, but I'd like to do more to make up for yesterday! Later: Also went for a bike ride with my olders--Yay!
    4. Keep focused/do my reading for peacefulness in my day! :) --Fair...I have a lot of "deadlines" coming up. May will not be so fun. I will need to be disciplined here.

1. Stick to cals
    2. 3+ pints water/tea
    3. Exercise 30+ min
    4. Try to relax today!
  • kwfitgal
    Options
    Cathi1992 wrote: »

Kwfitgal - I am increasing my water today. I appreciate your tip about the lemon juice. I used to do this and forgot all about it. I will give it a try for a few of those glasses today. Just the increase the last few days has made a difference - I feel less lethargic the more water I drink.

@cathi1992: Glad I could help! But I think it is also helping me, coz I've been sure to be adding lemon now, and I find it much easier to drink more water!! I am really thankful this topic came up!! :) Thank you!

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    [

Saturday:
    1. 10,000 steps (rest oddly sore foot)
    2. swim a mile
    3. under 100 G carbs

Sunday:

Going to spend most of the day driving to a dance fitness event, so both food and steps are a little up in the air....
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. dance!
    3. try to have reasonable dinner out
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today 05/02
    1. log every bite :(
    2. Take control of the "weekend attitude" It's not a job that you take a break from, it's a choice that I do for myself. :) I think I have done this even though I haven't logged. I am quite active on weekends with yard work. Definitely not at a desk for extended periods of time.

Just for Today 05/03
    1. Drink water
    2. log

• feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »

So my commitments are:
    - I will not drink alcohol at lunch. Empty calories that would just send me to sleep ☺
    - Enjoy my lunch and stop when I'm full ☺
    - Get out for a 30 min walk somehow, somewhere
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    ... didn't do a walk but managed around 25 mins in total plus mowing the lawn.
    Over on calories. Not hugely and made generally good choices. Over due to: 1. Fruit salad after dinner 2. A small piece of dark chocolate (it's THAT time of the month and I'm starting to really crave sugar) 3. A glass of wine (it's a public holiday here tomorrow so was my holiday treat).
    As you've seen... I have some great excuses. But I made those choices.

All I can do is move forward and not be too surprised if I don't hit weight goal tomorrow. Yes, about 50% of the reason will be the bloat I get once a month at this time
    And the other 59% will be because of choices I made this week.

So... Monday's goals (holiday):
    - push it at bootcamp and if body (recovering from injury) allows, do the 2nd class too
    - gardening tomorrow afternoon, including buying and installing mini fencing of my raised bed to stop cats getting on it, so I can plant vegetables, and LOTS of weeding
    - well under gross calorie goal. Eat back only 1/3 calories max I burn off

:-)
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Oops...i forgot about you all yesterday! But I did good and stuck to all my regular goals. Today I walked on an indoor track and JOGGED 1 LAP! (it was only a 10th of a mile :blush: ) then I swam some laps.
    :smiley:

Just for today ( Mon May 4)
    1. Take breakfast lunch and snack with me to work
    2. Walk 1 hour after work
    3. Stick to 1200 calories
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    "Just for today (Wednesday, April 29):
    1) Chiropractor appt at 10am and then ride my bike home (10 miles) as practice for the 5 borough bike tour on Sunday,
    2) Get ready for an interview for a personal trainer position this afternoon."

Did both of those. The interview went well and so did the bike tour today

It's too late to post a just for today, so I'll post tomorrow.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

The idea crossed my mind but I wasn't swayed.

Another situational trigger to junk out that I managed to overcome.

High 5 to me! It seems I am finally on a steady path back to good physical and emotional health:-)

And the winner is.........for holding it together during difficult times..........lifechanger2day!!!!!!!!!!!
    :smiley:
  • jenn11411
    jenn11411 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    1. Track all foods
    2. Stay under caloriw goal
    3. Run 3 miles
    4. Plank challenge
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    What a fab thread! Can I join in pls?

Just for today I will:

1) Go to the gym (already done - lol!)
    2) Stick to my pre-planned meals
    3) Drink my water bottle x 4
  • YolliB2014
    YolliB2014 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I love this thread :)

1) Today I am going to tire my puppy out with a nice long cross country hike
    2) Track every single thing I eat
    3) And get my lower body Weightlifting in today.
    4) Immerse myself into the success stories a bit for tips and motivation.

I'm new here and so far I just love MFP. So many members are committed to not just losing weight but getting healthy and I Love this. I was told by my doctor to lose weight, but not only that, to get to my ideal weight without going under (not been a problem for me) but not only to lose weight, but also to get fit!!! So here I am. Wishing you all a good healthy dose of motivation and inspiration! Cheers to a great start for the week!!
  • kwfitgal
    Options
    YolliB2014 wrote: »
    I love this thread :)

1) Today I am going to tire my puppy out with a nice long cross country hike
    2) Track every single thing I eat
    3) And get my lower body Weightlifting in today.
    4) Immerse myself into the success stories a bit for tips and motivation.

I'm new here and so far I just love MFP. So many members are committed to not just losing weight but getting healthy and I Love this. I was told by my doctor to lose weight, but not only that, to get to my ideal weight without going under (not been a problem for me) but not only to lose weight, but also to get fit!!! So here I am. Wishing you all a good healthy dose of motivation and inspiration! Cheers to a great start for the week!!

Welcome! You've come to a very nice group of supportive people--hope you enjoy it here! :)
    Also, wow--your doctor actually had the good sense to tell you to get healthy! That is almost unheard of in this day of doctors who would rather prescribe medications. You are lucky to have this doctor, and in some short bit you will be feeling great and so proud of yourself. Keep coming back!

• kwfitgal
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »

1. Stick to cals--nope
    2. 3+ pints water/tea-- :) YES!
    3. Exercise 30+ min--nope
    4. Try to relax today!--- :) I must have mostly done this one! Back to the grindstone on Monday.

Just for Today, 4 May
    1. Stick to cals
    2. 3+ pints water/tea
    3. Exercise 30+ min

Thank you again so much, Joan, for ever thinking of starting this thread! You all are such a blessing!
    Happy Monday All! :)
  • RebeccaP1972
    RebeccaP1972 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Just for today...
    *get my water in
    *stay within my calorie range
    *workout at least 30 min.
  • jneis
    jneis Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP for years but never the community section - just found this today and am a HUGE fan!!

Just for today - I'm going to drink a gallon of water
  • YolliB2014
    Options

Welcome! You've come to a very nice group of supportive people--hope you enjoy it here! :)
    Also, wow--your doctor actually had the good sense to tell you to get healthy! That is almost unheard of in this day of doctors who would rather prescribe medications. You are lucky to have this doctor, and in some short bit you will be feeling great and so proud of yourself. Keep coming back!

[/quote]

Thank you so much. I already feel so empowered being here and learning so much about true, healthy weight loss. Yes I feel so lucky to have my doctor as I've had doctors who've pushed diet pills in the past. This one is most certainly a keeper and admits that she too finds it a struggle to keep herself as healthy as she can. Apparently she's been a junk food addict in the past. It's nice that she understands.

I look forward to getting to know people here and learning from everyone.
  • keezo1
    keezo1 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Had an issue thats taking me to New York today so my goal is to
    -Try to make the most healthy choices possible
    -Log everything i eat
  • YolliB2014
    Options
    I don't know how to do the quote thing :)