Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• thisdamselflies
    thisdamselflies Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Just for today, 4/6, I will:
    1) not binge. :) 4 days binge-free! And Mondays are hard, because I don't usually work Mondays, and my partner is at the office. It's difficult to be home alone without bingeing.
    2) log every bite. :/ So...I nibbled a little on the veggies I was roasting for this week's wraps, and didn't log it because I have no idea how much I had. But I logged everything else!
    3) not buy foods I like to binge on when I'm grocery shopping. :) It was a little bit of a fight to not pick up a bag of BBQ Kettle chips or Milano cookies, but I only bought the items on my list yesterday! Now I just have to keep that up when I make mid-week grocery runs.

Just for today, 4/7, I will:
    1) not binge.
    2) not multi-task my food. Focusing on what I'm eating instead of simultaneously reading or surfing the web will probably help with #1.
    3) keep an open mind at my first therapy appointment (I've never done anything like this, but after gaining 15 lbs in 3 months due to binge eating, it's way past time to ask for help).
  • m_o_
    m_o_ Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Today,
    1) I will eat dinner at a decent hour.
    2) I will go to bed before midnight.
    3) I will pre-log my food.
    4) I will exercise when I get out of work.
  • thisdamselflies
    Options
    @losingrae, thank you! My dogs are the sweetest (if also most poorly behaved)! I love your picture too. :) So cute!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will stick to my calorie intake plan and remain smoke free.
  • dru8083
    dru8083 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    The month of February was a very hard one for me to stay motivated. While I am sad that I did not lose any weight for the month, I stayed the same. So in this way, I have been a success. Winter months are hard for me - as the days are shorter, no sun, so cold, !!!

But getting on here keeps me from just giving up. I am taking this one day at a time.
    My goals for the month of March are:
    Starting weight 194.6. Goal is to lose those 4.6 lbs, and be back in the 180s!!!
    Some kind of exercise, 30 minutes 5x a week.

So to get to these goals, my goal

Just for today, 3/1
    1. Log every bite I eat - no matter what.
    2. exercise minimun 30 minutes today

• losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »
    Just for Today 4/06
    1. log everything :)
    2. 30+ mins cardio :neutral: walked at lunch, but chose to ride the motorcycle over walking in the evening. It was worth it :wink:
    3. get menu planned for the week, and shopping list together :)
    4. drop off stuff at Goodwill on way home :) FINALLY out of my car and house. It's only taken a month.

Just for Today 4/07
    1. log everything
    2. strength training
    3. read at least 5 pages of the "Starting Strength" book
  • lisalooleeli
    lisalooleeli Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just for today

I will go to the gym
    meal prep for tomorrow
    drink a lot of water.
  • SammyAdams1972
    SammyAdams1972 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Exercise! And no carbs today. Not even healthy ones!!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Sunday:
    1. Rest and try to get over darn cold :)

Monday:
    1. 10,000 steps :(
    2. Get to the gym at some point in spite of today's whacky schedule :(
    3. Don't go over 120G carbs :)

Tuesday:
    1. 10,000 steps
    2. lift weights
    3. eat well

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Just for today, 4/6, I will:
    1) not binge. :) 4 days binge-free! And Mondays are hard, because I don't usually work Mondays, and my partner is at the office. It's difficult to be home alone without bingeing.
    2) log every bite. :/ So...I nibbled a little on the veggies I was roasting for this week's wraps, and didn't log it because I have no idea how much I had. But I logged everything else!
    3) not buy foods I like to binge on when I'm grocery shopping. :) It was a little bit of a fight to not pick up a bag of BBQ Kettle chips or Milano cookies, but I only bought the items on my list yesterday! Now I just have to keep that up when I make mid-week grocery runs.

1) not binge.
    2) not multi-task my food. Focusing on what I'm eating instead of simultaneously reading or surfing the web will probably help with #1.
    3) keep an open mind at my first therapy appointment (I've never done anything like this, but after gaining 15
    lbs in 3 months due to binge eating, it's way past time to ask for help).

Congratulations on 4 days binge free! :smile:

You gave yourself a frowny face because you nibbled on veggies while cooking.....I say NO WAY...that totally deserves a happy face! :smiley:

Good luck on the therapy. I think you have set yourself up for a big win because you are going in to it with a positive attitude. :smile:
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Just for today ( Tuesday April 7)
    Pretty much a repeat of yesterday...
    1. Take breakfast, lunch and snack to work :smile:
    2. Carefully control carbs. No Candy or bread :smile:
    3. Walk at least 1 hour, more if possible 1.25 hrs. :smile:
    4. Stick to 1200 calories :smile:

Just for today ( Wednesday April 8)
    1. Walk before breakfast
    2. Have a delicious and creative brunch
    3. Stick to 1200 calories

• weeplin
    weeplin Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just for today (Wed 8th April)

1) No sugar (unless naturally occurring)
    2) Drink 8 glasses of water
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Well have had a very indulgent 2 days with far too much chocolate and wine. And I've enjoyed it. And partially balanced by double bootcamp then 2 hours of gardening today (over 1000 calories of exercise).
    Back to it from Tuesday
    Goals are:
    - stay within calorie limit ☺
    - no sugar ☺
    - check into stomach to gauge real hunger levels regularly
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    Well have had a very indulgent 2 days with far too much chocolate and wine. And I've enjoyed it. And partially balanced by double bootcamp then 2 hours of gardening today (over 1000 calories of exercise).
    Back to it from Tuesday
    Goals are:
    - stay within calorie limit ☺
    - no sugar ☺
    - check into stomach to gauge real hunger levels regularly
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    2 out of 3 yesterday.
    Just need to remember to check in to my hunger levels

Today
    - under net calorie goal
    - check into stomach and hunger levels at least 5 times
  • MysticalT
    MysticalT Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Just for today (7/4)

1) Stay within my allowance of 1200 calories :smiley:
    2) Do 30 minutes on the wii fit - Didn't do this but did a 38 minute walk instead so... :smiley:
    3) Do something for me (i.e I haven't painted my nails for months) :neutral:

Just for today (8/4)

1) Stay within my allowance
    2) 30 minutes of exercise
    3) Do something for me
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    So, on the 5th, I did eat the rest of the graham crackers. ;-(

But JFT - 4/8

1) continue my practice of anger reaction distancing
    2) Get my bike fitting done
    2) Fo one fun thing (having lunch with friends)
  • RelentlessFierceWarriorBill
    Options
    April 8th -

Just for today, I will;
    1. Do some weight training.
    2. Drink more water.
    3. Be thankful my excess eating has been under control.
    4. Have relentless discipline !!!
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Wednesday's JFT: Not sit on my feet and go for a shorter walk today at lunch. My knee is not happy with me so I'm taking it kind of easy today. Luckily it's supposed to be wet and gray all day and that will make it easier.
  • thisdamselflies
    Options
    1) not binge. :) Really, really wanted to. Instead, I took the food I wanted to binge on, portioned it out to fit into the calories I had left for the day, and put the rest away.
    2) not multi-task my food. Focusing on what I'm eating instead of simultaneously reading or surfing the web will probably help with #1. :( No, not at all. I listened to an audio book, checked my email, read some forum posts here, played games on my phone...
    3) keep an open mind at my first therapy appointment (I've never done anything like this, but after gaining 15 lbs in 3 months due to binge eating, it's way past time to ask for help). :) Now it's just a matter of doing what she tells me. I wish therapists had a magic wand and they could just wave it and make you better without your having to do anything... Too bad we have to work for it. ;)

Just for today, 4/8, I will:
    1) not binge.
    2) not multi-task my food. Trying this again.
    3) vacuum, take out the trash, do a load of laundry, and clean the bathrooms.