Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Replies

• Just for today, I will;

1. Continue with more water, less diet pop !!!
    2. Lift weights
    3. Eat more veggies.
    4. Keep and spread a positive attitude !!!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Finally - got here in the morning.

1) Go food shopping - Whole Foods, Garden of Eden, Associated (maybe)
    2) Meditate 2 minutes
    3) Log my food today
    4) Take it easy after completing a 40 mile bike ride yesterday
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today 05/03
    1. Drink water :(
    2. log :(

Wasn't the most successful weekend. I don't feel like I go overboard like I used to. I just get busy, and things come up and logging just doesn't seem to be enough of a habit for me. I will get there eventually. The next few weeks will be difficult as my dad is coming this week, then Mother's Day, then the beginning of what we refer to as the "Birthday Time" My two kids and I have our birthdays spread out approx two weeks apart, stuffed in between Mother's Day and Father's Day. It's quite a crazy time for us. If I disappear from here, someone please pull me back because I am going to need this desperately.

Just for Today 05/04
    1. log
    2. exercise
    3. take time for some pampering tonight
  • jabrams1955
    jabrams1955 Posts: 55 Member
    For today and the month of May -- have more consistency in my daily calorie intake!
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    YolliB2014 wrote: »
    I don't know how to do the quote thing :)

Along bottom of whoever's post you want to quote is a quote symbol with "Quote" in blue. Click on that (from within the person's post)--it will copy the whole quote of the person into your new post box at the bottom of the thread. You should see something like:
    [ quote="person's name" ] at the beginning of the quoted post, then the content of the person's post, and then
    [ /quote ] at the end

So, you can then delete any extraneous info you don't want to quote with your backspace or delete keys. To add on your own comments, you'll want to type after the 2nd [/quote]. Hope that helps.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    YolliB2014 wrote: »
    I don't know how to do the quote thing :)

Just click on quote at the bottom of a post and then scroll down below the quote in your reply box and start typing.
  • YolliB2014
    YolliB2014 Posts: 104 Member
    Thank you Vicky1947 :)
  • YolliB2014
    YolliB2014 Posts: 104 Member
    Thank you kwfitgal... I'll definitely give it a try.
  • mhecht32
    mhecht32 Posts: 360 Member
    Love this! And since I'm coming off of a weekend where I kind of gave up due to holidays and celebrations (UG! Why does everything have to celebrated with food and alcohol?!) - (I've always been pretty awful at setting and completing goals :(. Maybe starting small is the key).

So just for today 5/4/2015 I will:
    1. Track everything I put in my mouth
    2. Drink water with every meal
    3. Go to the gym with my son after work.
  • Cathi1992
    Cathi1992 Posts: 6 Member
    I didn't log my food or post anything on the weekend but I did better than I typically do with food and beverages but not as well as I had been doing last week.

Just for today I will...
    1) Drink 64 oz of water
    2) Log all my food and drink
    3) Go to sleep before 11pm

I am going to keep focusing on these three since they led to a wonderful 2lb weight loss last week!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member

Sunday:
    Going to spend most of the day driving to a dance fitness event, so both food and steps are a little up in the air....
    1. 12,000 steps :) 12,039
    2. dance! :smiley::blush::smiley:
    3. try to have reasonable dinner out :neutral: Uggg...I always feel terrible after eating out

Monday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. lift heavy things
    3. less than 100 G carbs
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,185 Member
    I did OK again, until evening came. But I was so physically active the entire weekend, so I did OK with my calories. Summers are so busy for me, and I stay very active. Just wish the scale would move, but, I am trying NOT to look at the numbers, but instead on how I feel.

Thank you so much for the suggestions on lemon with water. I am trying that, so hopefully it will help. but I am trying to break up the water throughout the day. 2 glasses with each meal time I can do - and before I know it, I have 8 glasses of water done!

So Just for today, May 3rd, monday
    1.Be sure and log my food! This is something I have been terrible at, so I need to get back to logging. I know how important this is.
    2. Drink 2 glasses of water with each meal, and 1 glass of water between. That will equal my 8 glasses!
    3. get out and walk. This has been easier for me to do now that the days are warmer!!

And - a big welcome to all new people! We have the greatest group of people on here! Everyone is so helpful, so encouraging, so inspiring. Losing weight, emotional eating, sugar addiction, are hard to overcome and be successful at. But if we break it down to just one day at a time , somehow it seems more manageable. I use this site not only for the good days, but to express my frustration, failures, etc. To get great tips - like using lemon with my water, or substitutes for soda.

And I do not feel alone when I do this. So thank you all for your posts and inspiration to all of us!
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    For today, I will:
    1. Log all my food
    2. Prep my breakfasts/lunches for the rest of the week
    3. Weigh myself in the morning. I have been avoiding this, as I haven't been very active, and haven't been limiting my food choices.
  • Meezat
    Meezat Posts: 6 Member
    Thank you for starting this "JUST FOR TODAY" - I most definitely need this motivation and after reading some of the comments, I will definitely adopt some for change.

So, Just for Today (although it's 3:35pm):
    1. Workout when I go home (I use the Leslie Sansone DVD and walk 2 1/2 miles in 25 minutes!)
    2. Drink 2 glasses of water with each meal (starting with dinner tonight)

• Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    Just for today I will not not not go over my calorie limit
  • AnnaKeck
    AnnaKeck Posts: 18 Member
    Getting back on track after the weekend...

JFT I will:

1) Log everything, even little bites
    2) Jog a mile
    3) Not have ice cream after dinner!! Dang, I really didn't want to put that one on my official JFT list because even though it's 2:30pm I am already wanting ice cream after dinner....but it's on here now so hopefully I will stick to it!

Good luck everyone with our goals for today :smile:
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    ... didn't do a walk but managed around 25 mins in total plus mowing the lawn.
    Over on calories. Not hugely and made generally good choices. Over due to: 1. Fruit salad after dinner 2. A small piece of dark chocolate (it's THAT time of the month and I'm starting to really crave sugar) 3. A glass of wine (it's a public holiday here tomorrow so was my holiday treat).
    As you've seen... I have some great excuses. But I made those choices.

All I can do is move forward and not be too surprised if I don't hit weight goal tomorrow. Yes, about 50% of the reason will be the bloat I get once a month at this time
    And the other 59% will be because of choices I made this week.

So... Monday's goals (holiday):
    - push it at bootcamp and if body (recovering from injury) allows, do the 2nd class too
    - gardening tomorrow afternoon, including buying and installing mini fencing of my raised bed to stop cats getting on it, so I can plant vegetables, and LOTS of weeding
    - well under gross calorie goal. Eat back only 1/3 calories max I burn off

:-)

Achieved all goal and ate less than 25% of calories back.
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Forgot to mention I also hit (even beat) my weight goal for weigh in this morning. I don't know how, but I did it! Am now more than half way to target.

Tuesday's goals:
    - hit calorie target taking care to get enough protein in

:-)
  • becky2t
    becky2t Posts: 23 Member
    JFT I will:

get a workout in (done :smile:)
    drink at least 8 glasses of water
    log everything I eat
    stay under my calorie goal (no eating into exercise calories!!!)
  • kewpiecyster
    kewpiecyster Posts: 154 Member
    Just for Today I will:

Get my workout in
    Take all of my medication
    Drink a full 16 oz of water before evening snacking