I'm ready to lift...

Options
sbear867
sbear867 Posts: 249 Member
I'm ready to truly embrace strength training but I don't want to shell out a ton of money. I have a kettlebell and dumbells. I'm doing this at home. Anyone know some good reference sites to get me started?

Replies

• Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I really love www.bodybuilding.com and Athlean X for women on YouTube. Good luck! You are going to love what's about to happen to your body :)
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Pick one of the progressive lifting programs, Stronglifts 5x5, Strong Curves, NROLFW, Bodybuilding's All Pro. Start light and work on form. Since you're starting with dumbbells, here's a suggestion http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/902569/barbell-routines-when-you-only-have-dumbbells/p1
    I started with dumbbells, eventually (6-9 months), once I know I was enjoying it, invested in barbell & rack. Good luck.
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    If you like workout videos, you can also give fitnessblender.com a try. They have a pretty wide variety of workouts available, but you have to build your own program. As you progress, you can always buy more weight as needed. Barbell sets and heavier dumbbell sets are really reasonably priced on walmart's website.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    The easiest with a limited budget is strong lifts. You may need to buy a little equipment to get going (bench, squat rack and barbell). But well worth the investment.