Starting the Cabbage Soup Diet tomorrow, anyone want to join me?

Here's the link to the diet plan and recipe.

http://divascancook.com/wonder-soup-recipe-weight-loss-soup-7-day-diet-cabbage-soup/

This diet is a good motivator since you see the scale move pretty quickly (although not much loss is fat). I have found it is a good way to kick-start if you're in a bit of a slump.

Add me as a friend or message me if you'd like to join in!

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    giphy.gif
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    lol no.
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    My dad did it years ago. Thought it died out. There are plenty other diets, weight lose plans and lifestyle changes available out there. Advise you do some more research. Best of luck!!
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    giphy.gif

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Why? Why on earth would you want to do that to yourself OP?
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    I like cabbage soup but no way am I going to eat it daily. CICO works for me
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    No, but I will eat my homemade pho for dinner.
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Oh wow, not seen that one since college. If your going to do something faddy I recommend something that doesn't make you fart as much :p
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Friends don't ask friends to do asinine diets.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Be prepared for bouts of gas and bloating
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,360 Member
    OP your profile indicates you have 6lbs to lose...why would you even?

You will lose some weight fast, but you will very likely put the weight back on when you finish that particular diet.
  • jeccawest91
    jeccawest91 Posts: 94 Member
    I actually like cabbage soup. Not the diet, but the soup itself is pretty yummy B)
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    This diet is a good motivator since you see the scale move pretty quickly (although not much loss is fat). I have found it is a good way to kick-start if you're in a bit of a slump.

+++ facebrick +++
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    That sounds like exactly the opposite of what I will be doing.

200.gif

Why would you do that to yourself?
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Make sure you have lots of air freshener.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    This diet is a good motivator since you see the scale move pretty quickly
    (although not much loss is fat). I have found it is a good way to kick-start if you're in a bit of a slump.
    So you admit that the sufferer is not losing fat, which is the goal for pretty much everyone.
    That leaves them the choice of losing muscle (bad idea), or water (the weight returns when you drink a glass).

And if you've "found it is a good way to kick-start", that tells me that you've done this more than once...
    which tells me that it doesn't work, is not a permanent solution to being overweight.

So why put yourself through it?
    It's boring, not nutritious, doesn't work. Why waste time, money, food, and effort?

Eat the soup if you want. But also eat enough healthy food to sustain your body. Lose the weight slowly and you'll
    be able to keep it off. Do something drastic that's not sustainable and you'll be back to doing the cabbage soup
    diet yet again, because you haven't learned to eat healthfully.

51637601.png
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    giphy.gif

Crazy is as crazy does....and this Dude is KRAY_KRAY to the extreme

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited May 2015
    Just NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO its a pretty dumb diet.

Have you even looked into it? Never mind trying to get others to join you.

This is from WEB MD

The Cabbage Soup Diet: What the experts say

There is little debate as to whether this is a sound diet plan. Indeed, it has all the components of a diet disaster.

Dale Rees is spokesperson for the British Dietetic Association. He told us via e-mail: "If you can follow this restrictive, prescriptive and regimented diet for the whole seven days without feeling some abdominal discomfort, plenty of flatulence, feeling tired and sick to the back teeth of cabbage soup; then I take my hat off to you!"

The Cabbage Soup Diet: Food for thought

If you want to give this modified fast a try, check with your doctor first. Some people have reported feeling lightheaded while on the plan.

If you get the go-ahead, head to the supermarket, buy all the ingredients for the soup, stock up on fruit, vegetables, skimmed milk, fish, chicken or meat (depending on which plan you follow) -- and plan on staying home. Consuming mass quantities of cabbage soup may cause you to be too windy to go out in public.

You will lose weight on the Cabbage Soup Diet, but you can plan on seeing those pounds return. This diet plan does nothing to help change the behaviours that lead to weight gain.

Keep looking for a programme that contains all the components of a healthy lifestyle, including regular physical activity and is suitable for long-term weight loss.

http://www.webmd.boots.com/diet/features/the-cabbage-soup-diet-review?page=2