What are you losing weight for?

Options
12346»

Replies

• mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I lost the weight for myself. I was not comfortable in my own skin and I'm much happier at my goal weight now!
  • jjmorse1985
    jjmorse1985 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    AndiDurall wrote: »
    I really just want to be normal. I've never felt normal (whatever that is). When I was small, around 3 or so, my mom decided that I was too chubby and has told me my whole life that I was too big. She pointed out fat people to me when we were out and said things like "See her face.....people may look at her face and think she is pretty but once they notice how fat she is, she's not pretty anymore." Looking back at pictures of myself, I wasn't big at all. It was all in my moms head. But I'm definitely fat now. My husband is also bigger but not as big as me but he is 10 years older than I am and has borderline high blood pressure and sleep apnea. We are taking a trip to Disney next Spring and we both agreed that we didn't want to be big for that. It will most likely be the only time that we can take our 4 kids there so it is a once in a lifetime thing. We are supporting each other and I have lost almost 20 since I started and he has lost 17. I know we can do it.

When did you guys start?
  • jjmorse1985
    Options
    iamsmara wrote: »
    Hi I'm R, 35 years old female in India. I was 78 kilos in Nov 2014, last month I was 72 kilos, this month I am back to 74.

I'm losing weight because I am tired of hating that person in the mirror every day... and tired of hiding from photo sessions and social occasions... and tired of wondering if bad things happen to me because i am fat...

I am using the MFP plan, with sedentary level, i.e., 1300 calories a day. I eat back the exercise calories (45 min cross training at the gym - roughly 200 calories). Allowing for counting errors, I guess I am on a 1600 calorie a day plan. I also drink 3L of water a day and replaced white rice with millets.

R

You are doing great because I too am on the 1300 calorie diet. With fast food I was on the 2500 calorie diet lol. Good luck
  • jjmorse1985
    Options
    delcadelca wrote: »
    To be fit, have more energy maintan a healthy weight and look good in my size 4..

I don't remember when I was a size 4 but you are on the right track. Can't wait to see your results
  • jjmorse1985
    Options
    mistikal13 wrote: »
    I lost the weight for myself. I was not comfortable in my own skin and I'm much happier at my goal weight now!

Yea doesn't it make you feel like a different person, glad that you reached your goal weight congratulations!
  • AndiDurall
    AndiDurall Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    AndiDurall wrote: »
    I really just want to be normal. I've never felt normal (whatever that is). When I was small, around 3 or so, my mom decided that I was too chubby and has told me my whole life that I was too big. She pointed out fat people to me when we were out and said things like "See her face.....people may look at her face and think she is pretty but once they notice how fat she is, she's not pretty anymore." Looking back at pictures of myself, I wasn't big at all. It was all in my moms head. But I'm definitely fat now. My husband is also bigger but not as big as me but he is 10 years older than I am and has borderline high blood pressure and sleep apnea. We are taking a trip to Disney next Spring and we both agreed that we didn't want to be big for that. It will most likely be the only time that we can take our 4 kids there so it is a once in a lifetime thing. We are supporting each other and I have lost almost 20 since I started and he has lost 17. I know we can do it.

When did you guys start?

We have been doing it for 4 weeks now I think.
  • TayPay
    TayPay Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    To be healthier, have a 2nd child (which I did after losing 58 lbs), have clothes fit, vanity... there's more reasons, but these came to mind.

I wish you the best of luck!

• TayPay
    TayPay Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am losing weight to feel more energized and feel my best. I initially struggled with weight gain after taking a particularly medication and I felt depressed and frustrated with my looks and energy level for years. Now that I'm finally comfortable with my image, even though I'm overweight I think it's a perfect time to get healthy. I want to be more than "comfortable."
    I want to wake up in the morning and feel energized and healthy.
  • sbw23
    sbw23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just need to gain control of my eating. I have a habit of stress eating and I am within 10 pounds of my goal. I regained 3 pounds so need to refocus. My goal is to feel good in my clothes and serve as a positive role model to my kids
  • akayek31
    akayek31 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Because I went to the Dr. 47 days ago and I was 307 the heaviest I have ever been. Because before my dad died in 2004 he was already worried about my weight (Before depression weight ), because I want to see my future grandkids grow up, and because losing 20 pds so far makes me feel awesome!
  • mamabear1114
    mamabear1114 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have been through a lot of stress and trauma in my life. I have undermined myself and my needs for many years, and because of that my self esteem and my health plummeted. Last year, I was in the hospital for chest pains, at that time I was nineteen years old, a heavy smoker, *kitten* eater and 205 pounds. Thankfully, the chest pains were not heart related, but inflammatory problems from the cigarettes, sugar and stress haha. It was a wake up call for me. I decided I loved myself and that I was too young to have already given up on life. My goal isn't necessarily to lose weight, but a journey to wellness and self love overall. The weight loss is a nice perk, though. ;)
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am losing weight so that I can be healthy, I'll have more opportunities to do the things I love and feel comfortable in my skin. I'm ok with how I look now but I'd like to be happy with how I look. I'd like to be as active as possible and help others reach their goals.
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    For my health, so I can be active with my grandchildren.
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Because injuries in my sporting life have resulted in me gaining far too much weight. Got spinal surgery out of the way so it's back on it in a big way.