What's your secret!!

Options
Tell me what has been successful for you on your weight loss journey!!

Replies

• Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Education, goals, discipline !
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Patience. Lots of it.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Eating at a deficit and not sitting on my butt all day.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I just eat less than I burn. No secret about it.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    1) Weighing my food. It's an important step that a lot of people miss.

2) Weight lifting. I'm not just trying to lose weight; I'm trying to maximize fat loss AND minimize muscle loss.... and I'm seeing the results!
  • miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Weston A Price and Paleo
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Eating less than I burn
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    kvanae wrote: »
    Tell me what has been successful for you on your weight loss journey!!

Realizing that successful weight loss and successful maintenance is 80% mindset, 20% calories and math. Once I figured that out I was able to move forward and get it done :)
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    my secret, or more like motivation, is reminding myself that I want to be super sexy and fit back into my cute clothes that I never got rid of.
    My super go to feel good food helps also. Jif crunchy peanut butter. I love it almost as much as my dear hubby.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    eating in a calorie deficit
    hitting macro/micros
    having a food scale
    realizing that no foods are bad and they can all be enjoyed in moderation
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Keeping healthy foods in the house and thinking a couple of days ahead what I'll be eating. Cooking at home most of the time and when we do go out to eat, I look at the menu online ahead of time and decide what I'm going to have.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Not expecting instant results
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    So the deficit you created causes your weight loss Not eating Paleo

Paleo is more a choice to eat certain food like vegetarian. Or not eating carbs or sugar what ever.

btw by saying "and then joined a counting site", is not saying that i know why he joined this site.
    It makes me always wonder when people preach a certain life style/diet, and then join another site then their favorite diet site.

Its like going to McDonalds and telling there that Kentucky fried chicken is so wonderful
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    Options
    I think when you do Paleo, you are naturally eating less calories without realizing it, hence the weight loss. I tried the Atkins once, and after I ate a whole chicken breast and some broccoli, I was full. Miserable, but full.
  • miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    The op asked what our secret was, I answered what worked for me, didn't preach. I didn't even choose the lifestyle for weight loss; I had medical reasons, but weight loss was a very welcome side effect. I wonder if someone answered that being vegetarian was their secret, would that answer bring the same hostility?
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    Options
    miriamtob wrote: »
    The op asked what our secret was, I answered what worked for me, didn't preach. I didn't even choose the lifestyle for weight loss; I had medical reasons, but weight loss was a very welcome side effect.

I know. Different strokes for different folks.
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    I think when you do Paleo, you are naturally eating less calories without realizing it, hence the weight loss. I tried the Atkins once, and after I ate a whole chicken breast and some broccoli, I was full. Miserable, but full.

Not always true.

In the time that i still had my own garden, fresh meats, own eggs from my free ranch chickens and eat very healthy. I still ate to much.

It all comes down to counting.

That you can eat more of the green stuff ( ;) ) helps for sure. But not always helps to create a deficit when you do a certain diet
    Atkins in the time that you didn't count fruit would be a killer for me. I can eat fruit the whole day. Unlimited!!!! Avocados by the 10 lol ( almost 300 calories per avocado) hehehe :)

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    CICO
  • BWBTrish
    edited May 2015
    Options
    miriamtob wrote: »
    The op asked what our secret was, I answered what worked for me, didn't preach. I didn't even choose the lifestyle for weight loss; I had medical reasons, but weight loss was a very welcome side effect.

So same as for us...your calorie deficit makes you lose weight. Not eating a specific diet as Paleo

This discussion has been closed.