Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It's great with fortune cookies!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Love green tea! And all tea! I drink all tea unsweetened -but no, I haven't noticed anything different opposed to when I do not drink it :)
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I don't think its magic or anything, but I like drinking it better than coffee now. I like the chai green tea the best.
  • LiveLoveRunFar
    LiveLoveRunFar Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yes, it eliminates water retention in the muscles and body. I've been doing it for quite a while. It helped break a plateau, whooosh! For me it works great.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    kak22283 wrote: »
    I think once you become a tea drinker, you tend to steer away from the artificial stuff, which is a plus. Just gotta watch the cream and sugar, etc. I love iced green tea with lemon.

How exactly is that a plus? I wish I knew the reason behind everyone hating on artificial sweeteners (and I dare you to mention "scary" aspartame).
  • 85kurtz
    85kurtz Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    How exactly is that a plus? I wish I knew the reason behind everyone hating on artificial sweeteners (and I dare you to mention "scary" aspartame).

Interestingly for many years we used to give artificial sweeteners to people on chemo etc to increase their appetites. Now the research says we were right. But besides that there are many people that only want to eat whole foods. I am one of them. My reason is simple, I have noticed my own health is better when I eat a more "natural" diet. Mind you I have never had a sweet tooth so artificial sweeteners and sugar are a moot point for me.
  • nikkinoellemary
    nikkinoellemary Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    kak22283 wrote: »
    I think once you become a tea drinker, you tend to steer away from the artificial stuff, which is a plus. Just gotta watch the cream and sugar, etc. I love iced green tea with lemon.

Personally I have no issue with them, but I have heard some folk having negative reactions to artificial sweeteners, including my boyfriend. We stopped by a new froyo shop one night and when he sampled one of their flavors he realized by the taste that it had Splenda in it (our normal froyo shop labels what kind of sugar is in each of their flavors if any, but this place didn't). Sure enough, he had a pretty bad headache the whole night after.