Was your lunch healthy?

Options

Replies

• Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I'm pleased with my lunch for today. Zucchini noodles with a little tomato sauce/mushrooms/red onion, greek yogurt and a super crunchy royal gala apple. A little higher on the sodium side than normal for me because I was too lazy to make my own sauce and used it from a jar, but yummy!!! :)
  • BostonBill99
    BostonBill99 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Very healthy. 3 oz Thin N Trim Low Salt Turkey Breast, 100 cal wrap, 1 Tbsp miracle whip, Romaine Lettuce, Sweet Onion, 16 red seedless grapes and two clementines. 32 oz water. 516 calories I don't overthink the food groups; I just try to make a balanced meal.
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I had a cup of curried lentil soup and an Asian pear, so I'd say yes. Then I had a green smoothie with papaya, banana, soy yoghurt, spinach, lime, and flaxseed. Yum.
  • htrabucco
    htrabucco Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Today, I'm having the Panera Bread miso broth bowl with chicken and soba noodles- it comes in at only 390 calories and is loaded with protein. I've eaten this before in a pinch and was full well into dinner time.
    My go to for the rest of the week will be this recipe - just at about 300 calories and 16 grams of protein. Another one that keeps me full until dinner!
    I've found that upping my protein levels and decreasing carbs controls my hunger much better.

https://seasonedwithsarcasm.wordpress.com/2015/04/28/weekly-meal-prep-mason-jar-salad-shrimp-quinoa-with-ranch-and-romaine/
  • jeccawest91
    jeccawest91 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Veggies and a pork chop work water
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    My office is having a cinco de mayo lunch. We're having chicken tacos. I'll likely have chicken and then vegetables as I don't want to spend calories on the tortilla. I also brought a Noosa yogurt. I am sitting here realizing that I didn't bring enough food with me. I had a hectic morning (plumbing problems at home) that threw me off when I was getting ready for work. I have a feeling that the amount of chicken I'd normally eat will be much larger than the portion allotted for me at this shindig.
  • jeccawest91
    jeccawest91 Posts: 94 Member
    Options

I'm pleased with my lunch for today. Zucchini noodles with a little tomato sauce/mushrooms/red onion, greek yogurt and a super crunchy royal gala apple. A little higher on the sodium side than normal for me because I was too lazy to make my own sauce and used it from a jar, but yummy!!! :)

How do you get your zucchini noodles to not turn to mush??
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Grilled cheese and ham sandwich on multigrain with some tomato and red onion. Oh and then some chocolate 'custard' (vla in Dutch, it's kind of hard to translate). Suppose most wouldn't consider it healthy, but it fit my macros, calories and what I felt like eating, so yeah. Works for me.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Frozen broccoli, chicken thigh, sauteed with 1/2 tsp of soy sauce. Kind of small and lacking carbs but I'll make those up haha
  • Marilyn0924
    Options

How do you get your zucchini noodles to not turn to mush??

I make them thicker (like udon noodles) and only steam them in the sauce for a minute or two max so they stay crisp! :)
  • speckledpebble
    speckledpebble Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Spinach and chickpea soup and a weightwatchers chic pot.
    The soup was from a tin so not as healthy as homemade but not too bad
  • Marilyn0924
    Options
    kimw91 wrote: »
    Grilled cheese and ham sandwich on multigrain with some tomato and red onion. Oh and then some chocolate 'custard' (vla in Dutch, it's kind of hard to translate). Suppose most wouldn't consider it healthy, but it fit my macros, calories and what I felt like eating, so yeah. Works for me.

Mmmm love vla! Haven't had that in ages, will have to make a run to my local Dutch store for a container soon! :)
  • dothefreddy
    dothefreddy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    1 c of Vigo New Orleans rice & beans and a cup of tea. Not too horrible, but a little too much sodium.
  • Purplepinapple
    Purplepinapple Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had a chicken chimichanga. I gave in to my coworkers at work today. Tomorrow will be easier since I will just bring leftovers from dinner in. I am full of regret and wish I just ordered the grilled chicken and wedge salad from the organic market.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I bought it from a place I'm trying out (that caters to those who want healthy food, according to various preferences). Pretty healthy, from my perspective--chicken, brown rice, and veggies, basically, as well as a sauce that's tasty and made with ingredients I'd use. I think I could make a more filling version myself, but I am getting some ideas to change up my lunch preparation.
  • jetortola
    jetortola Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I think so. :)

e3ebr712pvsj.jpg

Missing in screenshot is 1/8th of an onion...
  • SkinnyMiss053
    SkinnyMiss053 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I guess so. I ate 2 breaded chicken breasts, with 250g peas (I need the fibre, my tum is having some of its mood swings). And also drank a chicken stock cube. Because my BP is low and I've been dizzy all day.

Just ate dinner. 200g hake fish fillets, seasoned with cajun seasoning (again, for the sodium), and 300g broccoli. Filled me up like crazy. As if it was a Thanksgiving meal, but only 270 calories. ;)
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I believe so. Steamed sweet potato, broccoli and grilled salmon ...with a generous splash of hot sauce!
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I am pleased with my lunch choices today. I had my typical salad with several veggies, seeds, salsa, and avocado. I also had a string cheese and some pineapple. Normally this is would be about 300-350 calories, but today I also opted for a yummy cookie my coworker brought in, so it was more like 500. I'm ok with that since had enough room in my budget for an unexpected treat.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    5s2nzje3tg15.jpg